Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Gordon Godot

The owners of City, Liverpool and Chelsea (old and new) put money into their clubs, in the case of City and Chelsea hundreds of millions if not billion plus. We have the benefits of owners who saddled the club with half a billion of debt and then take out money in fees and dividends every year, plus the club has to pay the debt interest. Leaches.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
The owners of City, Liverpool and Chelsea (old and new) put money into their clubs, in the case of City and Chelsea hundreds of millions if not billion plus. We have the benefits of owners who saddled the club with half a billion of debt and then take out money in fees and dividends every year, plus the club has to pay the debt interest. Leaches.
And even then we've wasted a billion on crap. United truly is huge cash cow. Not sure if there's a club in the world that can survive all of that.

The Irish Connection

Fair play to everyone posting here. Fans need to get on the same page about how cancerous these owners are for this great club.

MUFC OK

Disgusting doesn't quite do it justice.

downunder red

I would hope that plenty of fans who go to the games preseason tour take signs like "Glazers Parasites" "Glazers Out" etc etc. I know it is maybe the only time they get to see United but it would really hurt the Glazers if that was the main talking point about the tour.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
While the Glazers are in charge, I can't see us winning the league.
The day they sell the club is the day we can start work towards winning big trophies on the pitch.

In the last decade, the manager has been the sacrificial lamb, every single time and ETH will also be sacrificed in 2-3 years.

Fair play to everyone posting here. Fans need to get on the same page about how cancerous these owners are for this great club.
Agreed 100%.
The issue is that fans keep getting hypnotised by the next marquee signing. When De Jong is announced fans will be rejoicing and singing the praises of the club. If you look at other threads in this forum, even though our performances on the pitch are relegation-worthy, fans are saying that we are making progress and doing a good job.
You couldn't make this up, but it is evident that some fans are easily pleased by a big signing and an inconsequential sacking.

NWRed

After 17 years of not indifference but resignation to their ownership, I'm slowly coming the conclusion that we need to do everything we can to rid the club of the Glazers, including total boycotts of matches, sponsors, merchandise and everything that keeps them going even if that means relegation and/or administration, because we aren't rising again until they've gone.

Gordon Godot

After 17 years of not indifference but resignation to their ownership, I'm slowly coming the conclusion that we need to do everything we can to rid the club of the Glazers, including total boycotts of matches, sponsors, merchandise and everything that keeps them going even if that means relegation and/or administration, because we aren't rising again until they've gone.
100% this

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
While the Glazers are in charge, I can't see us winning the league.
The day they sell the club is the day we can start work towards winning big trophies on the pitch.

In the last decade, the manager has been the sacrificial lamb, every single time and ETH will also be sacrificed in 2-3 years.
Whilst club debt rises, the prospect of selling reduces in my opinion. The cost of purchase would surely have to offset the Glazer's debts.

With our profitability plateauing, the economic incentive to purchase us decreases as our market growth has probably hit its limit.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Our best bet is the market is expected to collapse this year.
The club's value is down a lot. The Glazers may well decide to sell before it goes down further.
And Jim Ratcliffe is waiting.

It would be a dream for a Mancunian to own our club.

Kaos

This needed to happen years ago, but better late than never.

Hoping the fanbase aren't placated with shiny new signings or false promises to 'engage with fanbase', nor conveniently timed announcements of stadium and training facility expansions. The club can't move forward until we rid it of these rat-tailed parasites.

Abraxas

Whilst club debt rises, the prospect of selling reduces in my opinion. The cost of purchase would surely have to offset the Glazer's debts.

With our profitability plateauing, the economic incentive to purchase us decreases as our market growth has probably hit its limit.
Not really, the sole obstacle to a sale is the Glazer's willingness and their valuation which reflects their willingness. 500 mill of debt is neither here nor there.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
This needed to happen years ago, but better late than never.

Hoping the fanbase aren't placated with shiny new signings or false promises to 'engage with fanbase', nor conveniently timed announcements of stadium and training facility expansions. The club can't move forward until we rid it of these rat-tailed parasites.
Amen but sad to say the apathy seems to be increasing for most.

Lee565

But but they have spent money..... shame they didn't do it in fergie's latter years when we were fed rubbish of "no value in the market" and left our ageing squad in a state once fergie had left. Also fans forget that whilst we may of spent 65 million of that 1 billion on di maria, we also recouped most of that money a year latter on him, same case with Schneiderlin and depay so it is not as straight forward as the glazers spending 1 billion with nothing in return of sales.

Kaos

Amen but sad to say the apathy seems to be increasing for most.
The apathy tends to happen when we make a flurry of signings or the club dangles some temporary shiny distraction or sliver of exciting news. I don't see that being sustainable anymore, not if we end up having an underwhelming window.

A lot of fans are glad to see the back of Rangnick, but I'm grateful for the hard truths he shared about us needing '10 new signings'. It hopefully reminds the fanbase that we're being taken for a ride.

Kaos

But but they have spent money..... shame they didn't do it in fergie's latter years when we were fed rubbish of "no value in the market" and left our ageing squad in a state once fergie had left. Also fans forget that whilst we may of spent 65 million of that 1 billion on di maria, we also recouped most of that money a year latter on him, same case with Schneiderlin and depay so it is not as straight forward as the glazers spending 1 billion with nothing in return of sales.
We tend to spend most when we're out of the champions league. Our spending habits are poorly planned, far too reactive and more focused on the commercial benefit as opposed to the squad building effect.

We're supposedly £10-15million short of matching Barca's valuation for De Jong, which is supposedly enough for us to walk away from the deal. Incidentally, the dividends these rats are about to take out (again, they're the only PL owners to do so) roughly equates to that difference. Just a bit of perspective.

wolvored

I don't believe the resale thing myself as it doesn't make any sense for the reasons you mention. We don't even actively try to sell them. I think the main reason we do it is because it's cheaper than buying quality replacements.
Spot on. When a banker looks at the 'assets' and Woodward was first and foremost this, Have I got a full complement of first team players? Yes, but one has a finish date on his contract. renew and it costs £25 mill for 3 seasons, or buy another player and with wages will be double that at least. Answer, renew contract. Football was always secondary to a b(w)anker like him. Thought all you need was to keep the players list full.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You have to admit...these are some ugly motherfeckers.

Flying high

You have to admit...these are some ugly motherfeckers.
The continued debt and associated costs bother me more than the dividends.

But at least Neville and others are speaking out against them now.

RedDevilRoshi

We only lost by one goal in comparison to the 4 the last we played them is no doubt what he is thinking just now.

Alonzo

I legitimately despise nothing as much as that family of parasitic vermin. Bastards.

Yakuza_devils

I know we can't get rid of Glazers. But at least get Ed's mate out of the club in Arnold and Murtough. All cut from the same cloth. Useless.

Yakuza_devils

Arnold brief the press that he is different. He will get the right people for the jobs and leave the football matters to the expert. His PR team also set up the pub talk with fans.

In reality, he is the same as Woodward. Nothing has changed. We are still Disneyland.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The fans really need to unite against these parasites which will never happen.

Yakuza_devils

Arnold's pub talk was all bs. Money not an issue, we will get the players the manager wants, blah blah blah. Feck him, for once please walk the talk.