Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
MUFC is dead as you know it
The whole thing is in existential crisis.
Its that serious

Yakuza_devils

Since Ed's time, the gang of Ed, Arnold and Murtough have been paid handsomely and no one want to rock the boat. They were happily taking millions of salary every year while doing the minimum.

Rangnick came in and rocked the boat. Telling facts that Man Utd have been badly managed and open heart surgery is required to save the club. Needless to say they gotten rid of him asap.

They refused to take Rangnick's advise and continued their incompetent way. Here we are 2 games in our season is over.

Glazers, Arnold, Murtough all need to go. The fans should protest non-stop from now on until we get our club back. We need to save the club. We need to save Man Utd.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Some of the comments in here are borderline ludicrous. whilst the owners need booting out, there is no way we’d gut the whole squad and get an entirely new batch of players in. If everyone is shipped out, who do we keep? The tea lady?

Flying high

Need those super league type protests every home game to actually drive them out.

Get the Liverpool game postponed, cancelled or delayed. Then do the same for the one after that, and the one after that.

If games keep getting disrupted, they'll eventually have to address it.
I don't want the game against that lot cancelled again(I hope to see lots of protests though). I personally think we'd be better off waiting for the end of the transfer window.

If we peak too soon the glazers may be forced to spend some money to ease the pressure, but it will be panicked signings, at high prices, that will load more debt onto the club and probably prove to be detrimental in the long run. Again.

There will be plenty of games in September and beyond when the glazers won't be so easily able to change the narrative. We've heard their promises before, and they've under-delivered. I believe we have finally reached the critical mass of fans/ex players/media who have realised that there is no longer any hope of getting back to the top with these owners.

If we have to cause some damage to the club's value on the way, then so be it. Considering how far we've fallen so far, it's a critical amputation to stop the rot.

croadyman

Since Ed's time, the gang of Ed, Arnold and Murtough have been paid handsomely and no one want to rock the boat. They were happily taking millions of salary every year while doing the minimum.

Rangnick came in and rocked the boat. Telling facts that Man Utd have been badly managed and open heart surgery is required to save the club. Needless to say they gotten rid of him asap.

They refused to take Rangnick's advise and continued their incompetent way. Here we are 2 games in our season is over.

Glazers, Arnold, Murtough all need to go. The fans should protest non-stop from now on until we get our club back. We need to save the club. We need to save Man Utd.
Yeah but our fanbase haven't the guts

croadyman

I don't want the game against that lot cancelled again(I hope to see lots of protests though). I personally think we'd be better off waiting for the end of the transfer window.

If we peak too soon the glazers may be forced to spend some money to ease the pressure, but it will be panicked signings, at high prices, that will load more debt onto the club and probably prove to be detrimental in the long run. Again.

There will be plenty of games in September and beyond when the glazers won't be so easily able to change the narrative. We've heard their promises before, and they've under-delivered. I believe we have finally reached the critical mass of fans/ex players/media who have realised that there is no longer any hope of getting back to the top with these owners.

If we have to cause some damage to the club's value on the way, then so be it. Considering how far we've fallen so far, it's a critical amputation to stop the rot.
Why not we are hardly worth watching

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Sir Tatcliffe was mentioned who's a billionaire and a huge man united fan. why hasn't he bought the club already.?
There's no way he can afford the club by himself.

Now, if he put together a consortium of multiple billionaires / investors (like Boehly did with Chelsea), then it's possible.

croadyman

There's no way he can afford the club by himself.

Now, if he put together a consortium of multiple billionaires / investors (like Boehly did with Chelsea), then it's possible.
Yeah why on earth isn't he trying that approach, stop feeling they won't sell and get a consortium to give them eye watering offer

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Yeah why on earth isn't he trying that approach, stop feeling they won't sell and get a consortium to give them eye watering offer
That's the thing though, who would join such a consortium?

He may be a diehard fan who's not in it for the money at all, but the others? They're surely going to want a return on their investment, and unless the Super League happens, it's unlikely the returns would be attractive enough for them. Not only is United a very expensive club on its own, but it also requires significant investment in stadium facilities and players.

Unfortunately these are all barriers to a potential sale. Most investors would prefer to invest in a smaller, cheaper club with more growth potential.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
The same issues year after year - it's got to be more than coincidence. Player after player comes with a good reputation and leaves with it tarnished. We've changed squad members, we've changed managers, but we haven't changed the toxicity at the club. The poison is at the core.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Should never of been allowed to buy the club in the first place. The government should of done something about it.
Maybe some day the league saves us. Makes club debt from leveraged buyouts against the rules and makes the Glazers pay for the debt or force them to sell the club. Let's dream.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Should never of been allowed to buy the club in the first place. The government should of done something about it.
Yeah the fact they’re now getting off the arse to do something about it is good but also a little too late for clubs who have already suffered from this. Also fecking wild that we had to wait until 2022 for that action. Glazers committed robbery nearly two decades ago.

Yakuza_devils

Everyone and their dog know that this is the biggest scandal in football the way Glazers bought our club. That's history. The question is whether we can do anything about it now or what the UK government can do about it.

This really make no sense at all. Only Glazers family benefiting from this. And more than 600 millions fans are suffering from the way they bought the club, saddled the club with debts, take dividends and mismanaged the club.

I’m loving my life

The key phrase is local/national asset. Sport is a huge part of our culture and like us or hate us, United have been a big part of that culture.

Any action from fans should also include lobbying decision makers to do the right thing, especially as other clubs are being protected.

Spark

Just read Sir Jim is a United fan who was at Nou Camp in 99. (Probably in the directors box but whatever). From Manchester(ish) and richer than the Glazers. Offer the Glazers a way out, clear the debt, renovate Old Trafford, rebuild Carrington and stick Ineos on the shirts. Job done!

Wish the Glazers could be sanctioned for something.

Chairman Steve

That is one of the most sickening things you can read about this whole thing. Remember the fecking uproar over Murdoch taking us over and the lengths that were went too, to stop that happening? It’s a white collar corporate heist.

Ema_datsi

As bad as the Glazers are, it’s the fans that are condoning it.
  • Supporters groups and trusts claim to be “working” to fix this issue but it’s been 17 years now, 9 of which have seen the decline of the club. Instead of lobbying government and the league to address this matter, they are too busy being led along by the Glazers on a BS share scheme (shares that don’t come with equal voting rights are just garbage).
  • Fans continue to buy merchandise and tickets while hiding behind excuses like tourists will fill the stadium - can they really do that for every game?
  • Suggestions of going after sponsors are labelled as stupid. So-called “top reds” are more concerned with gate keeping and protecting their little fiefs and egos than actually doing anything.

Our fans just don’t care enough to do anything, and a few even profit off of the Glazers or the situation. We love to moan but any real meaningful action requires too much effort.

Livvie

Scout
I'd sooner gauge my eyes out with a spoon than buy official merchandise.

TheRedDevil2019

I'm not saying the Glazers are perfect, far from it. However, they have helped put money back into fans pockets. ST prices frozen for a decade, concessions like beers being the cheapest in the league at just £3 a pint. All i'm saying is they aren't nearly as bad as some of the other cash grabbing owners out there. Saving the average fan a few hundred pound a season...

Livvie

Scout
I'm not saying the Glazers are perfect, far from it. However, they have helped put money back into fans pockets. ST prices frozen for a decade, concessions like beers being the cheapest in the league at just £3 a pint. All i'm saying is they aren't nearly as bad as some of the other cash grabbing owners out there. Saving the average fan a few hundred pound a season...
Joel? Is that you?

littlepeasoup

:lol:

C'est Moi Cantona

Then why don't the FA step in, retrospective action, not fit and proper people to own a club, protecting a nation treasure/assest, etc?

It's absolutely crazy that we are been used as some sort of benchmark as how not to let a football club be taken oever, They made a mistake letting this happen, now do something to help us.

If only the Glazers were linked to Russia somehow, then we could get some sort of preferential treatment from the FA finally, and be given a hand picked new owner, who has to be squeeky clean, and promise all sorts of wonderful things just to be considered..

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The Glazers horrendous mismanagement of the club just turns away potential bids . United have alot of untapped potential, which is fair, but the work that needs to go into the club is just too much for even the most ambitious of billionaires, on and off the pitch. For starters we arguably need a brand new stadium and that wont be cheap.

I think Ratcliffe himself suggested that he'd only ever consider bidding for United if they have a somewhat stable foundation already in place. Well, that isn't happening anytime soon and nor is a bid to buy us.

The Irish Connection

Good points.

The bold would be used by the abu media to say that we have spent loads of money.

Long Time Red

Seriously WTF are you talking about?

Name me one owner that's ever paid themselves a dividend.

Long Time Red

As bad as the Glazers are, it’s the fans that are condoning it.
  • Supporters groups and trusts claim to be “working” to fix this issue but it’s been 17 years now, 9 of which have seen the decline of the club. Instead of lobbying government and the league to address this matter, they are too busy being led along by the Glazers on a BS share scheme (shares that don’t come with equal voting rights are just garbage).
  • Fans continue to buy merchandise and tickets while hiding behind excuses like tourists will fill the stadium - can they really do that for every game?
  • Suggestions of going after sponsors are labelled as stupid. So-called “top reds” are more concerned with gate keeping and protecting their little fiefs and egos than actually doing anything.

Our fans just don’t care enough to do anything, and a few even profit off of the Glazers or the situation. We love to moan but any real meaningful action requires too much effort.
It's really the season ticket holders who have become a bit touristy/plastic that are the problem.

Every home game should be absolute carnage.

Get games postponed like when the super league was announced.

Block the entrances and the streets and stop games from being played until they sell.

AlexUTD

Got a new job as PR director for the Glazers Ed?

Yeah Glazers arent that bad huh:

We've said it before, the Glazers won't go as long as the money keeps rolling in, but not enough fans are willing to withhold their money. It's that simple for the Glazers.

Mmm-Qatarian

I find it absolutely astounding that there are people who spend time and energy vocalizing and/or writing out apologies for the Glazer ownership of Manchester United. Besides leeching off of the club without investing a cent back into it for well over a decade now, it's almost been forgotten that these naked mole rats were hugely influential in the Super League project.

I'm not expecting any sympathy from opposition fans but Glazer apologists are as pathetic as the morons who deify sociopaths like Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk.

Reiver

Out of interest, does anybody know if the Glazers would currently be allowed to buy the club on the same kind of deal they used in 2005?

wolvored

Is there a way the premier league couldnt change the rules to say any club more than 100 mill in debt cant play in premier league, or something like that? If the glazers all of a sudden had to find 500 mill out of their own pockets to clear mostvof the debt, they would soon sell up.