Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Yakuza_devils

Not sure if it's realistic. If we add FDJ and a striker in Jan our squad will be in much better position of rebuild and next season window we should sign a GK and RB to finally able to challenge the PL and go deep into CL.

red thru&thru

Biggest challenge is getting rid of the Glazers. Explaining to my 10 year old on why we want the Glazers out, just emphasises the fact why we need ro get rid of these terrible owners.

Last edited:

croadyman

Not sure if it's realistic. If we add FDJ and a striker in Jan our squad will be in much better position of rebuild and next season window we should sign a GK and RB to finally able to challenge the PL and go deep into CL.
Trouble is I don't feel like even a Toney let alone a Vlahovic/Osimhen will move in January

red thru&thru

Needs Ratcliffe to put in an official offer
Will we know whether a bid has gone in? I'm guessing so.

Whoever wants to putchase the club, will need the support of the owners, and from what I read and hear, Jim certainly has that.

Thursday's call should hopefully shed light on this.

Telsim

Feck off Joel you cnut

How many quality players will be open to a move in January, to be honest? Unless Ten Hag has someone very specific in mind, I don't think that many. Makes sense to wait until summer.

This should also put to rest any notions of the Glazers selling as they still see themselves owners next summer.

Dion

How many quality players will be open to a move in January, to be honest?
There's always good players moving about in January. Diaz, Bruno Guimaraes, Vlahovic, Torres, Gosens etc. all moved in January and a couple of years ago Eriksen, Bruno, Haaland, Zapata, Alcacer, Kulusevski, Bergwijn, Olmo, Piatek, Weigl, Bowen etc. moved.

This "there's never any good players in January" is a tired cliché.

DaveSexton

Supports
QPR
Was talking to a friend of mine - United season ticket holder since the 70s - he's not bothered about the Glazers, I wonder how many other United fans think this?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
FdJ is unfinished business. It may happen.
He would have gladly moved if he had got his deferred wages. Who would want to stay with an employer who threatened to sue him.
The transfer did not materialize because of money. Whether he was legally owed it by Barcelona or not, our priority is to get the player, the manager desperately wanted.

As for the right back situation, AWB will only leave in the summer. Williams is also available as a back up.
Striker? Ronaldo will be gone. But we have a chance to get someone who is in the last year of his contract.

Arnold and Murtough are Glazer arselickers. They do not care about our club.
Erik is fighting a lone battle. He is not satisfied with finishing top 4. He wants to win the title.

Expect fireworks again if there are no signings and we have injuries.

red thru&thru

Was talking to a friend of mine - United season ticket holder since the 70s - he's not bothered about the Glazers, I wonder how many other United fans think this?
A lot. They are too ingrained in watching the team. It will make no difference to them. They're not wrong.

croadyman

There's always good players moving about in January. Diaz, Bruno Guimaraes, Vlahovic, Torres, Gosens etc. all moved in January and a couple of years ago Eriksen, Bruno, Haaland, Zapata, Alcacer, Kulusevski, Bergwijn, Olmo, Piatek, Weigl, Bowen etc. moved.

This "there's never any good players in January" is a tired cliché.
Very true but will the "right" targets be available

Dion

Very true but will the "right" targets be available
Given the way we operate, almost certainly not :D

I'm not even desperate to sign anyone, but there should be an urgency to make sure any potential opportunity for improving the squad long term that pops up in January is identified and taken. I just don't see us backing the manager in that kind of proactive way unless on the pitch performances are dire.

RkkMan

FdJ is unfinished business. It may happen.
He would have gladly moved if he had got his deferred wages. Who would want to stay with an employer who threatened to sue him.
The transfer did not materialize because of money. Whether he was legally owed it by Barcelona or not, our priority is to get the player, the manager desperately wanted.

As for the right back situation, AWB will only leave in the summer. Williams is also available as a back up.
Striker? Ronaldo will be gone. But we have a chance to get someone who is in the last year of his contract.

Arnold and Murtough are Glazer arselickers. They do not care about our club.
Erik is fighting a lone battle. He is not satisfied with finishing top 4. He wants to win the title.

Expect fireworks again if there are no signings and we have injuries.
The issue with FDJ was him and his girlfriend wanting to stay in Barcelona not the deferred wages. If it was purely a money issue Utd and Barcelona would have solved it one way or another. He's at his dream club and dream City he's not giving up on a chance to succeed at Barcelona barring a catastrophic circumstance that gives him no choice but to leave

red thru&thru

Not long left till Thursday. Hopefully there's some positive indication that there's some type of sale on the horizon.

But deep down, I'm skeptical that this will be the case!

stw2022

Not long left till Thursday. Hopefully there's some positive indication that there's some type of sale on the horizon.

But deep down, I'm skeptical that this will be the case!
What's Thursday got to do with it?

Big multi billion pound business isn't conducted like this, like some kind of drawn out transfer saga approaching deadline day.

red thru&thru

What's Thursday got to do with it?

Big multi billion pound business isn't conducted like this, like some kind of drawn out transfer saga approaching deadline day.
And your experience of business with multibillion pounds businesses is??

Red Dreams

The issue with FDJ was him and his girlfriend wanting to stay in Barcelona not the deferred wages. If it was purely a money issue Utd and Barcelona would have solved it one way or another. He's at his dream club and dream City he's not giving up on a chance to succeed at Barcelona barring a catastrophic circumstance that gives him no choice but to leave
My point simply was no one wants to stay with an employer who has threatened legal action against them, no matter how wonderful Barcelona is a place to live in.
So I do not believe the propaganda.

TheReligion

Abusive
The Webby and O'Neil news today is highly encouraging.

The protests must continue to push the Glazers out.
Very encouraging yes.

I think it’s safe to say there’s more going on in terms of a change in club ownership now than there has been at any other point of the Glazer’s ownership.

Red Dreams

Very encouraging yes.

I think it’s safe to say there’s more going on in terms of a change in club ownership now than there has been at any other point of the Glazer’s ownership.
And there is a probability of Supporters participation in the ownership.
I'm sure most of us will want to have shares in our club.
I contributed to MUST.
I absolutely will buy shares in our club.

wolvored

My point simply was no one wants to stay with an employer who has threatened legal action against them, no matter how wonderful Barcelona is a place to live in.
So I do not believe the propaganda.
FDJ has said it himself, he had and has no intention to leave Barca. Hes not coming and we should move on.

LordSpud

Always the same garbage. We bought Bruno in January, Juventus got Vlahovic. Go and get what ETH wants you absolute clowns.
Also remember what Arnold said at that pub - next summer will be difficult to spend. I think the budget next year will be very small and to be fair they always peddle the January transfer window line in that they are focussed on summer. I also feel they spent a chunk of next years budget this year and need to take that into account too!

Shai-Hulud

The whole Glazers out thing kinda died down didn't it? Just because we spent some money and presented Casemiro at OT and turned around terrible league form. Maybe this will get some people going again.

The Irish Connection

Not only do the fans hate them but from a financial perspective they really have to sell up. They can’t afford the hundreds of millions still required for players over the next year plus the billion or so for the stadium and training facilities.
The news yesterday was encouraging, let’s keep up the pressure.

I Am Zlatan

Surely this is not sustainable for them, no way they would sink with the ship. They have to be planning on selling the club at this point.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
24 bloody mil to Solskjaer? Bloody hell.
600 mil debt? Wasn't it around 450 few years back?

Last edited:

Vapor trail

The whole Glazers out thing kinda died down didn't it? Just because we spent some money and presented Casemiro at OT and turned around terrible league form. Maybe this will get some people going again.
A prime example why there's not enough bite in the fan resentment. Everything about the Glazers out initiatives by the majority is only proportional to momentum. When the team capitulates Glazers out momentum is at it strongest. While there's competence in performances next to nothing is made (overall).

Until fans have a consistent movement against the Glazers boycotting games, cutting merchandise, disregarding season tickets nothing will change. The only other side that's seeing movement is in the capital market element with buyers and holdings being acquired.

OverratedOpinion