Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

red thru&thru

So conflicted about this.
I'm absolutely with you on this. My hate for the Glazer's is maybe blind siding me a little.

I do fear our club will be changed so much, not in a good way, if these guys took over.

Andy_Cole

On one hand we have leaches who are slowly killing our club. They also fund Israel arms and Trump which in my opinion are worse than the Saudis.

On the other hand we have a regime who are desperate to improve their public image, and will use us to do that. They will buy us anything we want, improve our facilities, all so everyone will like them. Their regime is pretty evil though.

No brainier for me.

Last edited:

Fluctuation0161

Think we're going more for a committee and rightly so, a Director of Football might create more problems than it solves.
A committee is easier for Woodward to overrule and influence than a DOF.

We can't trust him to make decisions in the club's interest. Only for himself and the Glazers finances.

Fluctuation0161

A former Liverpool legend enjoying sticking that knife into his clubs biggest rivals, the world has gone mad!
Because the United pundits (Neville in particular) seem to have had their heads in the sand until recently.

Same with a handful of United fans. Blindly defending the club's owners and CEO as if it is part of supporting the football club. Even though said owners are ruining the footbal club. It's tribalism gone mad.

AneRu

I'm absolutely with you on this. My hate for the Glazer's is maybe blind siding me a little.

I do fear our club will be changed so much, not in a good way, if these guys took over.
I understand and appreciate the concerns but with the Glazers we will certainly get relegated at some point in the future and by the time they would be actively looking to sell us we might struggle to find a buyer that can actually give us a financial edge. I think there isn't much into it besides some Glazer propaganda to deflect attention from the issues though.

I think what the club needs to catch up with rivals from an investment perspective is just beyond the Glazers' appetite and capacity. With our shite recruitment we possibly need another half a billion quid on players and add another half a billion or more on the stadium then it becomes difficult to see the Glazers funding such an outlay over the next two or three years.

With our massive underperformance over the last six years we aren't going to get the level of commercial deals we were getting and that takes away our financial edge against rivals. Factor in Woodward's, Judge's and Ole's incompetence continued ownership by the Glazers will harm the club in ways that are much worse than being thinly disguised PR firm for an evil regime.

davidmichael

I’m not conflicted at all, football sold it’s soul many years ago and is a shady money obsessed business rather than a beautiful game these days so we might as well join in and be the biggest and best again with their backing instead of being sucked dry by the Glazer’s/Woodward and run into the ground.

kaiser00

I’d rather have the Saudis than those Glazer losers. Look at what they have done to Tampa Bay!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m not conflicted at all, football sold it’s soul many years ago and is a shady money obsessed business rather than a beautiful game these days so we might as well join in and be the biggest and best again with their backing instead of being sucked dry by the Glazer’s/Woodward and run into the ground.
Or you know, accept that Football is and always has been just a sport and it’s better that the club we know and love does not become a tool to legitimising and glorifying a bloodthirsty and oppressive regime that is destroying the lives of millions of innocent men, women and children.

United were successful in spite of the Glazers and I’m incredibly proud of our history. If we suddenly have Saudi money buying splurging all over the place and it brings us a League title ahead of Liverpool’s organic rebuild, it would feel cheap as shit.

I don’t want them anywhere near our club. I’d rather Woodward was gone and the same resources he’s pissed up the wall over the last 6 years (£800m + highest wages) was afforded to someone competent.

AneRu

Same but I’ll be so surprised if it does happen anytime soon.
I won't be, if there is any shred of truth in that article then the Saudi interest is genuine and the news cycle has moved on from that terrible murder of the journalist so it could be finally possible to do without too much bad press. But I think the Glazers will be targeting something in the region of $4b to $5b and will sell for any figure closer to that. The big pile of cash on offer and facing huge investment commitments whilst being at war with the fans should make them consider their position.

Woodzy

Same but I’ll be so surprised if it does happen anytime soon.
I wouldn't. Have a feeling things are going to get real ugly at this club come the end of this season (if they are not already) to the point where the Glazers will just want out.

If Ole gets the boot we might even see things get out of control even quicker.

I just can't see players, staff, fans etc. all putting up with this shit much longer.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Just imagine the £500m war chest every summer. And no nonsense approach towards clueless people like Woodward and all useless coaches. Time to make United great again :drool:

Stepney73

100% this.

If we could have...

Club owned by the fans.
Fergie as club president.
Club CEO appointed by a vote every five years or so.
An ex UTD legend as manager along with former players throughout the coaching staff tearing up the league and CL.

I'd be fully onboard but football in this country just isn't like that.

Ask any city,PSG or Chelsea fan if they would prefer their clubs to be like the list above.i know we don't need a sugar daddy but we need owners rich enough to rid us of the glazers plus want Manchester United to be the best football team in the world and not just the biggest brand name(which is dwindling fast).

AneRu

Or you know, accept that Football is and always has been just a sport and it’s better that the club we know and love does not become a tool to legitimising and glorifying a bloodthirsty and oppressive regime that is destroying the lives of millions of innocent men, women and children.

United were successful in spite of the Glazers and I’m incredibly proud of our history. If we suddenly have Saudi money buying splurging all over the place and it brings us a League title ahead of Liverpool’s organic rebuild, it would feel cheap as shit.

I don’t want them anywhere near our club. I’d rather Woodward was gone and the same resources he’s pissed up the wall over the last 6 years (£800m + highest wages) was afforded to someone competent.
But under the Glazers Woodward will not be going anywhere and they have given him the carte blanche to run the club into the ground. The Glazers don't have the hunger for on pitch success and their objectives aren't aligned to that so there is no guarantee that if they ever get rid of Woodward they will bring in someone competent or that we will have the resources that Woodward pissed away as we have declined as a football force.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We all are but the club is dieing and we are pretty much out of reach for most buyers. It's people like the Saudis and maybe 1 or 2 other not so likeable people who could realistically buy the club.

Keeping the glazers is going to cause plenty more hurt and despair though. They have proven that they are clueless and basically just piggybacked off Fergie's success.

OverratedOpinion

It will happen at some point. They are too wealthy and we offer too much of a PR opportunity, the truth is that we have nothing to be conflicted about as we have no control over these things. If all the protests and banners over the last decade have proved one thing it is that us fans have no say or even the smallest effect on the ownership of the club and that will ring even more true if we ever have owners who have more money than God and won't even give in to UN pressure let alone a few football fans.

I think it is worth stating clearly and definitively that if that deal did go through then we would be competing for league titles and Champions League's very quickly, they would not accept anything else and would throw money/competent people at the situation until it worked. We would also see a lot of propaganda videos with Mbappe in his Utd shirt talking about what a progressive and free country they have.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
We need the Saudi Arabia thread opened again, where else are we supposed to post after this match today, certainly not the post match thread if things go like they seem they will :nervous:

Hope there's some truth in this but don't think there really is, tabloids like running this story every few months but there's never been anything remotely credible backing the rumours up, in fact the Saudi's even denied the interest x

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Wow, I would say I can't believe some replies here but sadly I can. I hate the Glazers as much as anyone, but seriously are people going to accept being owned by this murdering cnut and be ok about it as long as he buys nice new shiny toys?

Bollocks, there is a time where morals and principles must come first and this is the limit for me.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Wow, I would say I can't believe some replies here but sadly I can. I hate the Glazers as much as anyone, but seriously are people going to accept being owned by this murdering cnut and be ok about it as long as he buys nice new shiny toys?

Bollocks, there is a time where morals and principles must come first and this is the limit for me.
Yeah :drool:

AneRu

I don't think it's about shiny new toys, the Glazers have given us a fair share of those but its about getting rid of a deleterious ownership model that has presided over the last six years. The Glazers' interests and the fans' are no longer aligned and they allowed their puppet Woodward to run down the club. The Saudis just happen to be one the few people who can afford to and are actually interested in taking control of the club.

red thru&thru

I understand and appreciate the concerns but with the Glazers we will certainly get relegated at some point in the future and by the time they would be actively looking to sell us we might struggle to find a buyer that can actually give us a financial edge. I think there isn't much into it besides some Glazer propaganda to deflect attention from the issues though.

I think what the club needs to catch up with rivals from an investment perspective is just beyond the Glazers' appetite and capacity. With our shite recruitment we possibly need another half a billion quid on players and add another half a billion or more on the stadium then it becomes difficult to see the Glazers funding such an outlay over the next two or three years.

With our massive underperformance over the last six years we aren't going to get the level of commercial deals we were getting and that takes away our financial edge against rivals. Factor in Woodward's, Judge's and Ole's incompetence continued ownership by the Glazers will harm the club in ways that are much worse than being thinly disguised PR firm for an evil regime.
Maybe. I do believe the Glazer's interest in us has ended. No investments is alarming. Saudis would reinvest in the squad and facilities in and around the club.

red thru&thru

I understand what you're saying. My stance of being owned by the Saudis has wained some what. I really wanted them to begin with but maybe not so much now.

However, I'm desperate to see my club back. United, for me, is like my religion. It is ingrained in me. Manchester United is more than just a sports club for me. Now, not everyone has that same passion, and I understand. But I'm so desperate to be back to where we should be, I'll take the Saudis. This maybe is helped by the fact I don't do politics much. Sad but true.

AneRu

Maybe. I do believe the Glazer's interest in us has ended. No investments is alarming. Saudis would reinvest in the squad and facilities in and around the club.
I think Avram and Joel still have interest in United but the rest of the siblings don't. It will be interesting to see what will happen but United have money and just need an owner who is interested in actually winning matches and titles for Manchester United. United don't need Saudi money, we just need someone who can bring in people who know what they are doing to steer the football side and give him the funds and space to do his thing not give Woodward the license to bring in his college cronies and play Football Manager with the fortunes of our club and emotions.

Suvvernmanc

I've said before on the Saudi takeover matter, that we could spend close too or all of our own profits every year without FFP getting involved, and the Saudis wouldn't spend alot of their own money on players like other clubs have done due to our massive revenues.

Stepney73

Can you post that next season after our 0-3 Boxing Day hammering at deepdale?

red thru&thru

I think Avram and Joel still have interest in United but the rest of the siblings don't. It will be interesting to see what will happen but United have money and just need an owner who is interested in actually winning matches and titles for Manchester United. United don't need Saudi money, we just need someone who can bring in people who know what they are doing to steer the football side and give him the funds and space to do his thing not give Woodward the license to bring in his college cronies and play Football Manager with the fortunes of our club and emotions.
100% agree.

AneRu

I've said before on the Saudi takeover matter, that we could spend close too or all of our own profits every year without FFP getting involved, and the Saudis wouldn't spend alot of their own money on players like other clubs have done due to our massive revenues.
This, we just need to get rid of the Glazer ownership strategy which is designed to drain the club of its money, get rid of Woodward and bring in people who know what they are doing in football at executive level. Saudis take over, replace Woodward with Van Der Saar and bring in Ragnick to drive the football strategy and operations and let the club spend it's own money.

red thru&thru

We just need the Saudis to let us spend our own money on transfers etc and the Saudis to spend their money in and around the facilities of Old Trafford.

matt10000

Yes city achievements mean nothing and our achievements would mean nothing. It’s just like playing a game in cheat mode

Teja

Whatever it takes to get rid of these vermin. Any new owner that doesn’t saddle the club with debt and reinvests money instead of taking dividends is welcome.

We don’t need a sugar daddy. We just need a competent management.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Yep. A "be careful what you wish for" piece.
I can see that. "Hey all you lot spending a fortune to watch United play, be careful not to turn on the ownership of the club, otherwise we'll sell to new owners who will sign all the best players in the world and try to make United the best football team in the World again."