Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
Tell me more about what's going on at Tampa. Because I'm going to go ahead and assume you know nothing.

Read this, then hush about Tampa.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buccaneers/comments/a0o13b/whats_everybodys_view_on_our_owner_the_glazers/
The fact they've helped fund a 100mil face-lift to the Buccs stadium is 100mil more than they've ever spent on Utd's ground and facilities.

Have they actually physically spent some of their hard earned money... on Tampa?

If so that's more than they've ever spent on Utd...

Deglobalise Football

Supports
Harlepool United
Not sure what you are trying to prove with that link, but the history of Tampa is that daddy Glazer had a lot of success with it between 1996-2006, but when he suffered two strokes in 2006 he was out and the clueless offsprings started destroying everything that had gone well. Soon after they took over they fired Jon Gruden, in 2008, the most successful coach in NFL history. Tampa has not made it back to the playoffs ever since.

Likewise, the moron kids appointed Woodward after David Gill left (quickly followed by departure of SAF, because he could see where things were heading without Gill / With Ed in charge) and we are now in shambles, after 6 years of methodical mismanagement.

So yeah - there's a lot of similarity between Tampa and United, and the similarity is that idiot rich kids are running around, appointing morons, and destroying both teams.
Cut the crap, the only similarity is that both teams are not doing as well as their fans would like. Everything else is pathetic extrapolation, which fans here are great with. Very, very few people that follow Tampa Bay think the Glazers are any sort of problem, and I can (and will) inundate this thread many, many links from both the Tampa reddit sub-forum and other Tampa Bay forums showing this is the case.

The NFL is very different from the Premiership, finances do not work in anything like the same way. People need to stop with this.

Deglobalise Football

Supports
Harlepool United
Is this guy on your reddit link talking about the Glazers at Tampa? Sounds familiar.

"we tried to get away with the cheapest possible team. “The youngrys”, the young hungry team rahim had was cheap and young. Why not spend money and get good vets? Why not try to win?"
He's not, and given you clearly read the link you know that. Maybe the Glazers simply care more about Tampa, but frankly people on here vastly overstate how bad the Glazers are. The only thing that can be truly levelled at them is the state of Old Trafford itself, which is unacceptable. However, that's not why the non-matchgoing fans are whining.

Johan07

Not sure what you are trying to prove with that link, but the history of Tampa is that daddy Glazer had a lot of success with it between 1996-2006, but when he suffered two strokes in 2006 he was out and the clueless offsprings started destroying everything that had gone well. Soon after they took over they fired Jon Gruden, in 2008, the most successful coach in NFL history. Tampa has not made it back to the playoffs ever since.

Likewise, the moron kids appointed Woodward after David Gill left (quickly followed by departure of SAF, because he could see where things were heading without Gill / With Ed in charge) and we are now in shambles, after 6 years of methodical mismanagement.

So yeah - there's a lot of similarity between Tampa and United, and the similarity is that idiot rich kids are running around, appointing morons, and destroying both teams.
Disgraceful comment. We all know why Sir Alex left, it was a personal decision due to personal matters, which he had every right to take.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
You're not doing youself any favours by making stuff up. SAF left because of illness in the family.

red thru&thru

You're not doing youself any favours by making stuff up. SAF left because of illness in the family.
The posters pov could be correct. Although we know what SAF publicly said, it could be something to do with Gill leaving his post. What really goes on behind closed doors, we'll never truly know.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
The posters pov could be correct. Although we know what SAF publicly said, it could be something to do with Gill leaving his post. What really goes on behind closed doors, we'll never truly know.
There's nothing to suggest that so he/she's basically making it up. There haven't been anything in the media about it either.

red thru&thru

There's nothing to suggest that so he/she's basically making it up. There haven't been anything in the media about it either.
I'm not suggesting what the poster is saying is true or not, however, you will not always hear everything in the media.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
You need to check your facts, because you have it all wrong. First of all it wasn't "illness". He referred to the death of his sister-in-law and his wife feeling lonely. That isn't "illness in family". Additionally, he was pretty ambiguous and didn't really say it was THE ONLY reason:

"Around last Christmas," said Ferguson, when asked when he had decided to bring an end to his reign.

"Basically, things changed when Cathy's sister died. She is isolated a lot now and I think a lot of the time, for 47 years, she has been the leader of the family, looked after our three sons and sacrificed herself for me.

"Now she has the grandchildren, and they all dote on her, but now she has lost her best friend -- her sister -- so that was important.

"I think it is also important to go out as a winner. That is really important at this club. It is all I ever wanted to do here -- be a winner."
Basically, it was a combination of things. And especially based on his last comment it is totally fare to assume that seeing the club was in decline, seeing his trusted partner Gill leaving he decided it wasn't worth not spending all the time with his wife, anymore... BUT had things been different he may not have made the same decision. So the truth is a little bit more complex than what you make of it and considering everything that has happened since – I stand by my comment.

You do not say things like ""I think it is also important to go out as a winner." if the the only reason of your decision is family matters.

Last edited:

0le

You need to check your facts, because you have it all wrong. First of all it wasn't "illness". He referred to the death of his sister-in-law dying and his wife feeling lonely. That isn't "illness in family". Additionally, he was pretty ambiguous and didn't really say it was THE ONLY reason:

Basically, it was a combination of things. And especially based on his last comment it is totally fare to assume that seeing the club was in decline, seeing his trusted partner Gill leaving he decided it wasn't worth not spending all the time with his wife, anymore... BUT had things been different he may not have made the same decision. So the truth is a little bit more complex than what you make of it and considering everything that has happened since – I stand by my comment.

You do not say things like ""I think it is also important to go out as a winner." if the the only readon of your decision is family matters.
Its important for him but not necessary.

Deglobalise Football

Supports
Harlepool United
You need to check your facts, because you have it all wrong. First of all it wasn't "illness". He referred to the death of his sister-in-law and his wife feeling lonely. That isn't "illness in family". Additionally, he was pretty ambiguous and didn't really say it was THE ONLY reason:

You do not say things like ""I think it is also important to go out as a winner." if the the only reason of your decision is family matters.
Nah, you're thoroughly making a narrative you want to believe. The mental gymnastics here are staggering and frankly embarrassing.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Nah, you're thoroughly making a narrative you want to believe. The mental gymnastics here are staggering and frankly embarrassing.
That is your OPINION that you should be able to express in a less aggressive manner. Name calling doesn't make your opinion sound any more intelligent than it actually is

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Not letting this go this guy

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

I remembered it wrong, could have sworn it was illness.

What you're presenting though is a narrative to fit what you want to believe.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Gary Neville peddling the "better the devil you know" idiom. Seem to recall him being rather critical of them lately only to now come to their defence again.

Posh Red

Gary Neville peddling the "better the devil you know" idiom. Seem to recall him being rather critical of them lately only to now come to their defence again.
I don’t know. Saying they aren’t the worst out there is just his way of saying he prefers them to the Saudis maybe?

red thru&thru

Well what is Gary really trying to say? Because one of his main investors, Peter Lim, he's Asian, so I doubt he's trying to be too negative.

Lee565

How are they not awful owners, burdening the club with debt, taking the club from champions to a mid-table side with no sight of the team competing at the top for some time because they employed a moron in Woodward overlooking the football side of things who has screwed up everything he has tried. I would much rather have a owner like Abramovich who only wants the best for the club in the pitch and has made the club continually achieve success since he took over and they dont have to rely on his oil money anymore thanks to the brilliant job of how they have used the loan system and shrewdness in buying and selling players.

Stepney73

Well what is Gary really trying to say? Because one of his main investors, Peter Lim, he's Asian, so I doubt he's trying to be too negative.
He's the same person who slagged the board off for not giving Moyes more time but sacked a manager at Salford IIRC.

The glazers are shit owners who have done nothing good for MUFC

End of

redcafe_reader

Based on my own source behind a closed door, SAF bet a lot of money on Leicester become champion so he had to retire (otherwise he may stop the miracle himself). Because of that, he is a billionaire now and is preparing a bid to buy back Manchester United from the Glazer. Ed is a secret admirer of SAF and is working hard to lower the price (SAF used to say you can't spell Manchester United without Ed).

After SAF completes his purchase, Cristiano Ronaldo will be appointed manager (that's why he went to Italy to learn about real tactics). Pogba will be sold again (that's why we bought him).

wolvored

How are they not awful owners, burdening the club with debt, taking the club from champions to a mid-table side with no sight of the team competing at the top for some time because they employed a moron in Woodward overlooking the football side of things who has screwed up everything he has tried. I would much rather have a owner like Abramovich who only wants the best for the club in the pitch and has made the club continually achieve success since he took over and they dont have to rely on his oil money anymore thanks to the brilliant job of how they have used the loan system and shrewdness in buying and selling players.
This. Well said. Any owner who looks at the football side instead of how much can I milk this for and put as little as possible back is preferable to these leeches.

Marcelinho87

All those claiming he's just fishing for attention etc, don't you think that's a risky game considering where he is from and who's name he is using as bait?

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
All those claiming he's just fishing for attention etc, don't you think that's a risky game considering where he is from and who's name he is using as bait?
No.

He's said MBS is not involved, he's friendly with members of the Public Investment Fund and his whole job revolves around creating attention. Having people begging Saudi Arabia and the Public Investment Fund to "save Manchester United", getting the PIF talked about as potential saviours and creating a buzz around himself is exactly what he would have wanted from all this hot air and it's exactly what he got.

red thru&thru

No.

He's said MBS is not involved, he's friendly with members of the Public Investment Fund and his whole job revolves around creating attention. Having people begging Saudi Arabia and the Public Investment Fund to "save Manchester United", getting the PIF talked about as potential saviours and creating a buzz around himself is exactly what he would have wanted from all this hot air and it's exactly what he got.
We should employee him for United then, if he's doing what you said he's doing. Looks like he could do a better job than our current PR team.

Mainoldo

Agree with Neville.
Me too for once. This ownership thing gets pretty boring. If we spent more time encouraging good ownership instead of trying to waste time in things that aren’t going to happen I.e. them leaving. We might get progression.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
It doesnt matter that they actually listened to the man that personifies half or united history and chooses david moyes.

It doesnt matter that we have actually spent the 2nd most only behind a state owned manchester city.

It doesnt matter that they actually trying to correct their mistakes by giving lvg hundreds of millions to correct sir alex Ferguson's misjudgement in moyes.

It doesnt matter that they actually arent happy with lvg 4th and goes for the best chequebook manager according to some, give him half a billion to fix the mess

It doesnt matter that they finally give what most of youse are clamoring for, a young modern attacking manager in ole, the man who bleeds and love united, giving him 3 years contract and several hudred more millions.

Glazer out. How dare ye leeches 20m divident every year on his 4bn asset. He should be crucified infront of old trafford.