Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

hungrywing

Anyone else notice how one day after Ole says we're two or three signings away, he adds a 'never said we'd buy in January'.

Ladies and gentlemen, Woodward at work.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Well
Anyone else notice how one day after Ole says we're two or three signings away, he adds a 'never said we'd buy in January'.

Well said, well observed. Woodward out

red thru&thru

Not really seen or heard much of Ed lately. Usually he's quite vocal after big victories. I'm of the opinion that, he's been slowly taking off transfer and media duties. I'm certainly not itk but the big Alibab deal, it was all Arnold. Didn't see Ed at Spurs or at City (not to my knowledge anyway) and all the recent reports linking us to Sancho and Haaland has been about Bout, Ole and Judge.

Withnail

To be fair we probably wouldn't be in the Europa league if he'd pulled his finger out towards the end of last season and played like one of the best midfielders who could walk into any side on the planet.
To my mind that had more to do with De Gea turning into Taibi during that period.

Johan07

Not really seen or heard much of Ed lately. Usually he's quite vocal after big victories. I'm of the opinion that, he's been slowly taking off transfer and media duties. I'm certainly not itk but the big Alibab deal, it was all Arnold. Didn't see Ed at Spurs or at City (not to my knowledge anyway) and all the recent reports linking us to Sancho and Haaland has been about Bout, Ole and Judge.
What? Vocal how before?
Woodward historically has not done press other than the mandatory investor calls.
That said; he has been unorthodoxly active the last two months actually giving one or two interviews; supporting OGS and, which is a good thing. We have heard more from Woodward the last two months than we have ever done since he was appointed CEO.
It would be better for the club and the fanbase to hear more from him than just the numbers crunching at the investor calls.
So "vocal after big victories"? Wtf are you talking about? The man has not done media before. Which was a mistake IMO. I hope he keeps this new approach up.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Woodward's MO has never been to come out (through "briefings") stating we won't spend money. His spin has always been that we're super rich and can land anyone, at any time.

I doubt very much that Ole optimistically suggested (by his comment) that we're about to bring in two or three players in January - only to get a call from Ed telling him to shut the feck up.

The official line from the club (as represented by Ole) has been clear enough going back to the summer window: we won't buy anyone unless they're the right fit, i.e. we won't target players for the sake of bringing in bodies, they have to fit a certain profile. Whether you believe that or not - that is, whether you believe we're now working on a proper long-term plan or not - the comment you refer to doesn't contradict that line in the slightest.

Withnail

What? Vocal how before?
Woodward historically has not done press other than the mandatory investor calls.
That said; he has been unorthodoxly active the last two months actually giving one or two interviews; supporting OGS and, which is a good thing. We have heard more from Woodward the last two months than we have ever done since he was appointed CEO.
It would be better for the club and the fanbase to hear more from him than just the numbers crunching at the investor calls.
So "vocal after big victories"? Wtf are you talking about? The man has not done media before. Which was a mistake IMO. I hope he keeps this new approach up.
I don't think he will. He did a few interviews when things were going bad, Ole was under a bit of pressure and more importantly Woodward's name was appearing in a few articles and they were exactly flattering.

If the team continue to performance, we won't hear from him at all which is as it should be imo. The manager is the face of the club.

Johan07

I don't think he will. He did a few interviews when things were going bad, Ole was under a bit of pressure and more importantly Woodward's name was appearing in a few articles and they were exactly flattering.

If the team continue to performance, we won't hear from him at all which is as it should be imo. The manager is the face of the club.
I think this is probable as well. Still think he should continue the transparancy of lately though. But I agree, it will probably not happen. It will be the investor briefing for the Q2-report next.

red thru&thru

What? Vocal how before?
Talk to me in a proper manner. Don't be swearing at me in my replies! If you can't express yourself in an ordinary manner in public posts, dm me and we'll have a slagging off match there!

Johan07

Talk to me in a proper manner. Don't be swearing at me in my replies! If you can't express yourself in an ordinary manner in public posts, dm me and we'll have a slagging off match there!
Naw, I prefer to call out your bullshit in public. Is that "swearing" btw?

Johan07

Call it out then? What is it you're actually calling out?
Well, the contents of your last post before this one. The "Woodward has gone quiet one". When its exactly the opposite. In the real world. We have never seen Woodward so active in media as we have the last 2-3 months. Somehow you seem to think the opposite. You should not be so overexcited when someone points out that you do not know what you are talking about.

red thru&thru

Well, the contents of your last post before this one. The "Woodward has gone quiet one". When its exactly the opposite. In the real world. We have never seen Woodward so active in media as we have the last 2-3 months. Somehow you seem to think the opposite. You should not be so overexcited when someone points out that you do not know what you are talking about.
Is it my fault you can't read? Read what I said before you go and spout stuff out.

You seem a very angry individual. you're very aggressive. Is everything ok? You can seek help for your anger issues.

Keefy18

Did he actually say that? I've been busy this week, not seen any quotes from him though.

Keefy18

He hasn't been near them in years, Matt Judge does the negotiations.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-transfer-news-latest-16495915

Halftrack

Is it my fault you can't read? Read what I said before you go and spout stuff out.

You seem a very angry individual. you're very aggressive. Is everything ok? You can seek help for your anger issues.
What did he misread? Your opinion was that Woodward was being taken off media duties, based on the false idea that he's been vocal after big victories, when in reality he's been more active in the media than before.

And you need to chill the feck out, my dude. If anyone comes off as angry and aggressive here, it's you, flying off the handle over a 'wtf.'

red thru&thru

red thru&thru

What did he misread? Your opinion was that Woodward was being taken off media duties, based on the false idea that he's been vocal after big victories, when in reality he's been more active in the media than before.

And you need to chill the feck out, my dude. If anyone comes off as angry and aggressive here, it's you, flying off the handle over a 'wtf.'
Hahahaha, wtf are you? Can you prove to me that Ed has never been vocal after big victories to oppose my opinion?!

Keefy18

Very correct but just with all the recent player links etc Ed's name hasn't been mentioned as much. But like I say, that's just my opinion. For me, he's just not been seen at either the Spurs or City game. Usually we see Ed there, win, lose or draw.
The frustrating part of being a United supporter is the never ending daily links to players.

It's become so bad in recent years that I've seen some twitter pages keeping record of every single player linked. Last summer we were linked with approx 150 players in approx a 3 months window if memory serves right.

I do my best to stick to an extremely small group of reliable journalists at this point and even then, still tend to take it all with a huge bucket of salt.

red thru&thru

The frustrating part of being a United supporter is the never ending daily links to players.

It's become so bad in recent years that I've seen some twitter pages keeping record of every single player linked. Last summer we were linked with approx 150 players in approx a 3 months window if memory serves right.

I do my best to stick to an extremely small group of reliable journalists at this point and even then, still tend to take it all with a huge bucket of salt.
Yea. As frustrating as it is, it just comes with the territory of being a United supporter. Put United's name to something, it sells.

Halftrack

Hahahaha, wtf are you? Can you prove to me that Ed has never been vocal after big victories to oppose my opinion?!

Johan07

Hahahaha, where were the facts in your outburst? Or was it your opinion???
Rhethoric 101: Dont start your posts with "Ha....s". Does not look good.
That said: If you post arguments or facts that are opposable/incorrect; you will be called out for it and people will argue with you.
Its how it should be on the Caf.
You posted some incorrect stuff about Woodward being "quiet" lately when its actually the other way around. Man up and acknowledge it.

red thru&thru

But you said it was fine to talk in that aggressive manner? So why so touchè, petal?

red thru&thru

Rhethoric 101: Dont start your posts with "Ha....s". Does not look good.
That said: If you post arguments or facts that are opposable/incorrect; you will be called out for it and people will argue with you.
Its how it should be on the Caf.
You posted some incorrect stuff about Woodward being "quiet" lately when its actually the other way around. Man up and acknowledge it.
I said my it's my opinion. So I never stated facts. So you're incorrect.

And if I'm FACTUALLY incorrect, you have to provide the proof! If you can't, then this is also your opinion. So to "call someone out" on something, then that means you're chatting s**t!

Halftrack

But you said it was fine to talk in that aggressive manner? So why so touchè, petal?
I don't know if you're dense or if you think that was a "gotcha" moment?

I'm also laughing at the idea that a lone 'wtf' is supposedly 'talking in an aggressive maner.'

red thru&thru

I don't know if you're dense or if you think that was a "gotcha" moment?

I'm also laughing at the idea that a lone 'wtf' is supposedly 'talking in an aggressive maner.'
Dense? That's very nice thing to call someone. If someone can't understand what you're saying, maybe the fault is with you?

Anyhow, let's not clog up this thread on matters not related to this thread. DM me, I'm always there to help clarify matters.

Sterling Archer

We've had an interesting turn of momentum amongst the expected Top 6. After our abysmal early form, Arsenal, Spurs, City and now Chelsea have been dropping points at alarming rate. It's much like the first time Leicester won the title. Shame Liverpool is so far ahead otherwise we'd be in for an unlikely repeat.

Anyhow, the scenario is such that going into the holiday matches and January we have a significant hope of getting into the Top 4 if we make a big splash in January. This is an opportunity to salvage a season that was likely going to be passable as a 'transition' into one that defines Ole as a worthy United manager and sets us up for an even more impactful summer window with the appeal of Champions League football.

The ball is in Woodward and Glazers' court to strengthen now. Will they give us excuses again and leave Ole hanging or will they throw money as they really should. Have they even been proactive in the preceeding months lining up targets like our rivals have?

As a United fan I think you're entitled to think Ole should stay or go. But the hammer is long overdue in judging Ed who gets pass after pass. This window has to be the last or penultimate straw for him.

wolvored

We've had an interesting turn of momentum amongst the expected Top 6. After our abysmal early form, Arsenal, Spurs, City and now Chelsea have been dropping points at alarming rate. It's much like the first time Leicester won the title. Shame Liverpool is so far ahead otherwise we'd be in for an unlikely repeat.

Anyhow, the scenario is such that going into the holiday matches and January we have a significant hope of getting into the Top 4 if we make a big splash in January. This is an opportunity to salvage a season that was likely going to be passable as a 'transition' into one that defines Ole as a worthy United manager and sets us up for an even more impactful summer window with the appeal of Champions League football.

The ball is in Woodward and Glazers' court to strengthen now. Will they give us excuses again and leave Ole hanging or will they throw money as they really should. Have they even been proactive in the preceeding months lining up targets like our rivals have?

As a United fan I think you're entitled to think Ole should stay or go. But the hammer is long overdue in judging Ed who gets pass after pass. This window has to be the last or penultimate straw for him.
Good points. There is a definite opening to top 4. A win tomorrow and we are 2 points off it. Glazers put their hands in their pockets and get us at least a WC / very good AM in January and we could end up with a defining season for Ole and the young players. Finish top 4 and all of a sudden there is renewed hope for the future.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

red thru&thru

Yea, guess the story is fabricated but the sheer fact that these stories are even written, is quite indicative of Ed's time in charge.