Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Strelok

The current protests have started because the team isn't doing well on the pitch again.
I don't think so.

Numerous times we were even worse but there was no protest.

The protest this time imo is largely because everyone know we in extreme need for reinforcement yet it's mid Jan and there is no sign for any possible transfer. Fans started to get angry realizing how neglect and poor our investment has been.

Last edited:

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
I don't think so.

The protest this time imo is largely because everyone know we in extreme need for reinforcement yet it's mid Jan and there is no sign for any possible transfer. Fans started to get angry realizing how neglect and poor our investment has been.
The protests briefly started in 2014 but that became a Moyes issue by the March/April. If we win the next 6 games, any signs of protest dissapear

On a wider point, I think the protests can be useful but those leading them need to have an end game.

Who do you want to replace the Glazers? Would you be happy with the Saudis?

How far are you going to go? - There was 25000 walking down Warwick Road before AC Milan on 2005, would you want to do something similar?

Would you be happy if things went more militant/violent like they initially did when the Glazers first came in. Do you think there should be another call for a boycott?

Last edited:

Strelok

The protests briefly started in 2014 but that became a Moyes issue by the March/April. If we win the next 6 games, any signs of protest dissapear

On a wider point, I think the protests can be useful but those leading them need to have an end game.

Who do you want to replace the Glazers? Would you be happy with the Saudis?

How far are you going to go? - There was 25000 walking down Warwick Road before AC Milan on 2005, would you want to do something similar?

Would you be happy of things went more militant/violent like they initially did when the Glazers first came in. Do you think there should be another call for a boycott?
Fans chose the moment we were up 3-0 to start the chants so it's definitely not about the results.

Yes of course I'll be very happy with the Saudis tbh. They will be a lot better for us than those parasites greedy scumbags who care only for profits. And Ed, the sooner that clueless wanker gone the better. Or at least him stepping down from the football side and a new DoF. I'd be over the moon.

And you're happy with the Glazers and Ed?

red thru&thru

How is social media going to change anything? In 2005, we were far more organised than now but ultimately failed because not enough people were willing to sacrifice a little bit.

The 2010 protests were great and noisy but failed because there wasn't really a viable alternative to the Glazers ownership.

The current protests have started because the team isn't doing well on the pitch again. I travelled over to Paris in March and there was no sign of anti Glazer sentiment

And again, how are people going to get them to sell? Very few people have 3/4 billion to spend on a football club...
Saudis have the money to buy.

Manchester United, Ed and Arnold mainly, brag about our social media presence. They brag to our sponsors how many 'customers' they can reach, because of Manchester United's vast fans. Most of that is through social media. So if footages like yesterday are going around social media, it will harm the image of the club.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
How are fans protesting the Glazers / Woodward not 'sticking together'?

It's a snidey, slippery insinuation that to protest the owners is to protest Utd as a club... when the fans protesting are the ones who care more about the club ththatat Ole, Woodward, Neville and Glazers combined.

These fans are people who earn very little (in comparison), yet put money INTO the club...

Ole, Glazers, Woodward etc only take money out and into their bank accounts - how dare any of them talk down to a fanbase that has shown TOO MUCH patience over the last 6/7 years of garbage.

Denis79

How are fans protesting the Glazers / Woodward not 'sticking together'?

It's a snidey, slippery insinuation that to protest the owners is to protest Utd as a club... when the fans protesting are the ones who care more about the club ththatat Ole, Woodward, Neville and Glazers combined.

These fans are people who earn very little (in comparison), yet put money INTO the club...

Ole, Glazers, Woodward etc only take money out and into their bank accounts - how dare any of them talk down to a fanbase that has shown TOO MUCH patience over the last 6/7 years of garbage.
Ole is just doing standing by his employer, most people having their dream job would. But I agree completely with you, there aren't bigger fans of the club than the people who give a huge portion of their hard money, to stand in the cold and rain, supporting the club every week. Also love how the protest was made when we were winning comfortably, the message couldn't have been any clearer.

Matthew84!

I don't like to see the fans protest as it makes the club look bad but I do think things need to change, start protesting every game so it gets more publicity, this club is now where near where it should be, time for the Glazers to sell up,

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What were the chants? I just heard some moralising and high-brow-ness on the Sunday supplement. I didn't catch it, watching on telly.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Ed Woodward is a wanker
Ed Woodward is gonna die
We want Glazers out
Haha. Cheers. Not holding back there. Personally, I think the disrespect is deserved by Woodward, but the hatred more by the Glazer scum.

I didn't think the fans had it in them, wonder if it'll continue.

R'hllor

Nothing specially wrong with that part but the part where he puts a team as deflecting shield like they might not understand, like they have 5 IQ or something. So the fan start thinking " if we sing this, players might think we having a go at them and then they wont perform in the same way ".

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What did they say?

Is the guy we hired to help us with PR still doing that show?
From around the midway mark. Went pretty soft on Woodward and saying the owners have backed the managers, but the process was not right until now. Condemned the chants. And no, I would think the new PR guy has left his old job.

I did enjoy listening to some ESPN pod the other day where they lambasted the owners and said things won't improve until they're gone. Would love that to be openly what every pundit states. But I'll take it when it's offered.

Djemba-Djemba

From around the midway mark. Went pretty soft on Woodward and saying the owners have backed the managers, but the process was not right until now. Condemned the chants. And no, I would think the new PR guy has left his old job.

I did enjoy listening to some ESPN pod the other day where they lambasted the owners and said things won't improve until they're gone. Would love that to be openly what every pundit states. But I'll take it when it's offered.
No that's Neil Ashton, the guy we've just hired. Sounds like it was his last show but yeah that's him.

No wonder they went soft on Woodward, the presenter is literally being paid by Woodward to make him sound good.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
No that's Neil Ashton, the guy we've just hired. Sounds like it was his last show but yeah that's him.

No wonder they went soft on Woodward, the presented is literally being paid by Woodward to make him sound good.
Really, that's incredible. Maybe that was the job interview presented as a podcast. :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
As much as I want him out of the club, I don't think I'm comfortable with 'Ed Woodward's gonna die' chant. Calling him a wanker is one thing, wishing death on a person is out of order.

red thru&thru

As much as I want him out of the club, I don't think I'm comfortable with 'Ed Woodward's gonna die' chant. Calling him a wanker is one thing, wishing death on a person is out of order.
Agree but its got to the stage where he and the Glazer family need to be more transparent on what is happening behind the scenes and how they plan on turning this around. They need to do and show more. Ed is lucky that he has gone this far without any real chants against him.

oz insomniac

As before, this wi dos will really coc firm the stance that Woody and the Glazers have for the club. If it's more of the same, ie no value, difficult to do more than one signing, not recognising the most obvious positinal needs., then it's surely underlining what most think.

The club is run for dividends and value by the owners and CEO, and the club has fallen so far behind Loserpool and Citeh and probably Leicester, that it really needs to start to show intent to be active. Woodward's almost snail like approach is so unhelpful , that it has taken the faithful to chant for his removal at games. Almost unthinkable a few months ago, it is likely to continue until the end of the season unless some support for the team is seen.

As a long term fan from overseas, it is haunting to see how far the club has fallen, and the disappearance of Man Utd shirt wearing fans even here inOz it's evident, so it's do something or perish.

Tarrou

As before, this wi dos will really coc firm the stance that Woody and the Glazers have for the club. If it's more of the same, ie no value, difficult to do more than one signing, not recognising the most obvious positinal needs., then it's surely underlining what most think.

The club is run for dividends and value by the owners and CEO, and the club has fallen so far behind Loserpool and Citeh and probably Leicester, that it really needs to start to show intent to be active. Woodward's almost snail like approach is so unhelpful , that it has taken the faithful to chant for his removal at games. Almost unthinkable a few months ago, it is likely to continue until the end of the season unless some support for the team is seen.

As a long term fan from overseas, it is haunting to see how far the club has fallen, and the disappearance of Man Utd shirt wearing fans even here inOz it's evident, so it's do something or perish.
you alright mate?

Red Keane

How is it that the people backing Ole to the hilt appear to be the ones who hate Woodward and the Glazers the most? Surely if you think Ole is right and the project is right then finally Ed and the owners are doing something right?
Because the real problem is no whoever is in the dugout (I don't consider myself either Ole In or Ole Out, because that whole debate distracts from the bigger picture); this squad is not good enough to each Top 4, let alone good enough to be serious challengers for both the PL & CL. Thus their continued refusal to address this problem means they are far more at fault for the sorry state the club is in more than OGS, and this is comething from someone who has criticised him on numorus occasions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Had the Glazers/Woodwood replaced Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Rojo, Jones, Matic, Fellaini, Herrera, Fred & Lingard, Sanchez, Lukaku with Chilwell, Koulibaly, Skriniar, De Ligt, Pereira, Kante, De Jong, Milinković-Savić, Erriksen, Sancho, Son & Kane, I would not be so critical of them.
You do realise new Arab owners wouldn't have Ole managing for a single second longer or give any shits about a "United way"?
As long as they where willing to do whatever it took (short of doping and/or bribing officials) to get United competing at the top, I would have no issues if they sacked OGS as part of that. Simply because my only true/unquestioning loyality (in the world of football) is towards Manchester United alone, not any of the players, coaches, board members or owners, just the club itself.

Icemav

I don't think so.

Clearly they have started because of the brave soul who posted this thread. Butterfly effect.

red thru&thru

So, there are a lot of talk about if United don't meet their £50m profit threshold, we're up s**t street.

Experts on such matters, how likely is this to happen, especially as we are looking at dip in revenue next financial year?

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Fans chose the moment we were up 3-0 to start the chants so it's definitely not about the results.

Yes of course I'll be very happy with the Saudis tbh. They will be a lot better for us than those parasites greedy scumbags who care only for profits. And Ed, the sooner that clueless wanker gone the better. Or at least him stepping down from the football side and a new DoF. I'd be over the moon.

And you're happy with the Glazers and Ed?
Erm... one game after some awful performances.. if the team had beaten Arsenal and City, there would have been no protests

I'm not sure everyone would be happy with the Saudis. The protests against Murdoch in 98 and Glazers in 04/05 were about far more than ownership. It was about, what people saw as anyway, the very soul of the club.

I'm not happy with the Glazers which is why I sacked off my Season Ticket after years of going all over Europe watching us.

I'm yet to see a coherent strategy from anyone regarding what happens post Glazers. Fans need to organised again otherwise any future momentum will be quickly wasted.

Infra-red

So, there are a lot of talk about if United don't meet their £50m profit threshold, we're up s**t street.

Experts on such matters, how likely is this to happen, especially as we are looking at dip in revenue next financial year?
There is zero chance of us turning a £50m profit during any financial year without CL revenues (we made £19m last year).

However, it matters not, the club is still financially stable.

Strelok

Erm... one game after some awful performances.. if the team had beaten Arsenal and City, there would have been no protests
If it's because of the results the fans must start the chants at the beginning of the match, not only when we're up 3-0. The message was very clear.

How can you be so sure of this and refuse the fact above is beyond me.

red thru&thru

There is zero chance of us turning a £50m profit during any financial year without CL revenues (we made £19m last year).

However, it matters not, the club is still financially stable.
Aah ok, thank you for this.

But do the banks not demand their money if we fall below a certain threshold of profits?

AshRK

If it is true then we are surely in trouble. Sing more. Let us get these feckers out of this club.

acnumber9

If it is true then we are surely in trouble. Sing more. Let us get these feckers out of this club.
How could they ban the singing section? Did tickets only go on sale on Sunday?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

In that case, we need to do it more. It must have had an effect on the Glazers/Woodward if they felt the need to ban the singing section. Seems like Ed's ego was a bit bruised by that.

Heinzesight

Absolute leeching bastards bleeding us dry the fecking cnuts.

For the Burnley match we’d never get a boycott, but nobody go in the ground for the first 30 minutes. Stay outside then go a support the team. Buy nothing. At least it would give some sort of two fingers and an indication of our despair.