Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

El Zoido

You don't mind the Glazers too much? Wow. The people who have turned this famous club into a cash cow. They've siphoned out over £1billion between them, we've paid £800mil in interest fees alone. We were debt free.

They haven't given us enough support at all. No where near.

The underinvestment was peak at Ronaldo's record sale when we replaced him with Wigan's Valencia, crocked Owen & farmer Obertan. They thought they could get by underinvesting on SAF's genius. They only started panic spending a fortune after they let all the mainstay of our team get old and retire practically at the same time. Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Neville, Giggs, Scholes. By then, the market had massively inflated, there was no longer SAF to paper over the cracks and it was all too little, too late. Where's our football structure behind the scenes? We went from LVG to Mourinho. You couldn't have picked a worse strategy than that. They are clueless, but they don't care because they are getting their money regardless.

So no, they haven't gave us enough money at all because they are the very reason we are in this position in the first place

The Woodward & the Glazers go hand in hand. We aren't getting rid of one without the other.

They all need to be ousted out.

I would say it would be nice for the class of 92 to start a campaign against them in the media, but they don't want to burn any potential bridges with a future boss it seems. All full of it.
Correct. It’s depressing how many Utd fans there are that still don’t get this. The Glazers either have no idea how to run a football club, or they just don’t care. They’re parasites who need to be ousted for us to ever have a successful future on the pitch ever again. Unfortunately, like all parasites, they won’t leave until the host is dead, when they’ve ruined us to the point of no return. I really do fear for the future of this club, I think there’s potential we could drop severely in years to come.

croadyman

Agree to all the above.

Like the American pundit put it, United are trying to build a mansion using a finance guy, rather than an architect! Although Glazer's have given Woodward enough money to succeed, both of their incompetence merit the sack in any other business.

Also, the fans, this whole attitude of, "what will a protest achieve", you're the precise reason why were a joke of a club. You'll moan but will do F all. 6 years, and counting, is enough. If we walk out, stop buying merchandise or even a simple unfollow of the official media platforms, will be enough to make the fans voice heard.
There are many people on Twitter who have already started unfollowing the official media platforms and was also a #unfollowManUnited tonight as well. The impression I am getting is that quite a few of the fans are not planning on staying for the lap of honour (that's a joke) on Sunday. Unfortunately many of our trippers are still going to continue buying the club merchandise but some of the above is a start.

Last edited:

croadyman

You don't mind the Glazers too much? Wow. The people who have turned this famous club into a cash cow. They've siphoned out over £1billion between them, we've paid £800mil in interest fees alone. We were debt free.

They haven't given us enough support at all. No where near.

The underinvestment was peak at Ronaldo's record sale when we replaced him with Wigan's Valencia, crocked Owen & farmer Obertan. They thought they could get by underinvesting on SAF's genius. They only started panic spending a fortune after they let all the mainstay of our team get old and retire practically at the same time. Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Neville, Giggs, Scholes. By then, the market had massively inflated, there was no longer SAF to paper over the cracks and it was all too little, too late. Where's our football structure behind the scenes? We went from LVG to Mourinho. You couldn't have picked a worse strategy than that. They are clueless, but they don't care because they are getting their money regardless.

So no, they haven't gave us enough money at all because they are the very reason we are in this position in the first place

The Woodward & the Glazers go hand in hand. We aren't getting rid of one without the other.

They all need to be ousted out.

I would say it would be nice for the class of 92 to start a campaign against them in the media, but they don't want to burn any potential bridges with a future boss it seems. All full of it.
They aren't the reason we have wasted around £750m in the six years since Fergie retired, however they are very much at fault for those crucial years of underinvestment between the summers of 2009 and 2013 when we missed out on some real bargains due to the infamous "no value in the market"

minh_loc_xoay

Sorry but some of the opinions here are just ridiculous. So much here is being said in hindsight and some of it is just plain wrong.

Glazers don’t back the team? What about us spending more money than anyone else in the world since Fergie left?

Woodward only cares about money and short term? Which of his decisions did people say at the time was bad? Getting the most successful non retired manager in the world? Yeah what a stupid decision to think a guy who won the league 2 years ago was a bad choice. We were literally second in the league 1 season ago... No one was saying at that time Woodward was destroying the club.

Yes Woody made mistakes but so much of this is in hindsight, a lot of the decisions he made seemed sensible at the time. We were on a very good trajectory up until this season, please don’t exaggerate as if Woodward has been killing this club more and more each year to get us to where we are now. Please tell me who was saying all this stuff when we had 3 years of solid progress - Fa Cup, Europa League and 2nd place - and were signing world class players in the transfer windows like Pogba, Zlatan and Mikhi. Hell even the Sanchez signing got 95% of us crazy excited
Fans backing the Glazers stating they invested...blah blah or The Glazers are fine, only Woodward is the problem need to realize that Woodward is one of them. He belongs in their inner circle and they'd not strip power from him ever. Now I guess we really deserve Europa League football. Some "fans" still side with the Glazers instead of wanting the best for our club. We really deserve the dross football right now.

Fans at Manchester also do not care to do a protest at least. At this rate, nothing would change. Only the CAF would get more and more anger and moaning as time goes by.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
There are many people on Twitter who have already started unfollowing the official media platforms and was also a #unfollowManUnited tonight as well. The impression I am getting is that quite a few of the fans are not planning on staying for the lap of honour (that's a joke) on Sunday. Unfortunately many of our trippers are still going to continue buying the club merchandise but some of the above is a start.
#LoveManUnited? #UnfollowManUnited

red thru&thru

And we can only do what we can do. No matter how many day trippers there are, they will not fill out the stadium. Every little counts. Even myself, I have started to unfollow the official media platforms.

Gator Nate

You are not in competition with Cleveland but in the same bracket than the Lions, Dolphins, Washington, Bills, Jaguars and the Raiders. I also have a special mention for the Rams, they may have McVay today but they have been shoddy for almost the entirety of the 2002-2019 period.

Though Tampa has one mitigating factor, you are in arguably the best division in football.
The Jags... my other NFL team. (I was born in the Tampa area right before the Bucs were founded and grew up a fan. Most of my mom's family settled down in Jacksonville after early military careers in the 50's and 60's and were original season ticket holders when the Jags started up.)

And yeah, NFC South is tough. Most years.

No, I simply follow the NFL and these aren't gaps you just tried to alter reality. And you are doing it again, the draft is a crapshoot everyone knows that and most QBs are bust, not even half of the current starting QBs are actually good. Winston is an average QB comparable to a Alex Smith, it's not bad but he most likely will never carry a team.
Picking a kicker in the second round is not a crapshoot. It's throwing your money into the crapper without touching the dice. But Winston was damaged goods (and I say that, as a Gator fan that doesn't believe the sexual assault charge from his FSU days; the rest of his immaturity, however, is well documented). He is no different now as a player than he was in college. He's great when he's on, he's terrible when he's not, and he's an interception waiting to happen. But Winston was NOT Licht's pick, he was Lovie's. Aside from all that, though, yes, the draft is a crapshoot. And the Licht needs to stay away from the table - he's bad at dice and has generally terrible luck.

MAGARed

The Jags... my other NFL team. (I was born in the Tampa area right before the Bucs were founded and grew up a fan. Most of my mom's family settled down in Jacksonville after early military careers in the 50's and 60's and were original season ticket holders when the Jags started up.)

And yeah, NFC South is tough. Most years.

Picking a kicker in the second round is not a crapshoot. It's throwing your money into the crapper without touching the dice. But Winston was damaged goods (and I say that, as a Gator fan that doesn't believe the sexual assault charge from his FSU days; the rest of his immaturity, however, is well documented). He is no different now as a player than he was in college. He's great when he's on, he's terrible when he's not, and he's an interception waiting to happen. But Winston was NOT Licht's pick, he was Lovie's. Aside from all that, though, yes, the draft is a crapshoot. And the Licht needs to stay away from the table - he's bad at dice and has generally terrible luck.
Long story short, because I don’t want to inundate futbol fans with football talk, the Glazer sons have run a terrible NFL organization since they took over. Absolutely terrible. Record says all.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The kicker was a terrible pick, every kickers are terrible picks.:lol:

As for Winston, he is average that's what an average QB does and he is no worse than Mariota who was basically the only alternative in the same draft or even guys like Stafford, Bortles(sorry), Trubisky, EJ Manuel(sorry again) and he isn't Jamarcus Russell. Hopefully you see my point here, if you look at footballoutsiders you will see that Bucs fans are drama queens you have an average QB, Winston isn't that bad and if you look at the list of Qbs drafted recently he is average and there are far worse drafted QBs out there.

The problem for you is that you have no pass rush in a division with excellent QBs, your DB corp has been bad and you have been unlucky with injuries on your linebackers who are pretty good when fit and your O line is deteriorating. You basically have the same problems that most team have but with injury issues and some suspensions(Martin in 2016 for example) in a tough division.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Sorry but some of the opinions here are just ridiculous. So much here is being said in hindsight and some of it is just plain wrong.

Glazers don’t back the team? What about us spending more money than anyone else in the world since Fergie left?

Woodward only cares about money and short term? Which of his decisions did people say at the time was bad? Getting the most successful non retired manager in the world? Yeah what a stupid decision to think a guy who won the league 2 years ago was a bad choice. We were literally second in the league 1 season ago... No one was saying at that time Woodward was destroying the club.

Yes Woody made mistakes but so much of this is in hindsight, a lot of the decisions he made seemed sensible at the time. We were on a very good trajectory up until this season, please don’t exaggerate as if Woodward has been killing this club more and more each year to get us to where we are now. Please tell me who was saying all this stuff when we had 3 years of solid progress - Fa Cup, Europa League and 2nd place - and were signing world class players in the transfer windows like Pogba, Zlatan and Mikhi. Hell even the Sanchez signing got 95% of us crazy excited
Once again, the Glazers have only spent money self generated by the club, not their own. They have in turn taken money out of the club annually, hell they even brought the club by investing minimal amounts of their own cash reserves and allowing the club to pay off the debts!!
They have allowed the club to fall into disrepair by not having a clear and concise future plan, merely allowing new managers to come in with their own plans and when they don't work out they start again with a new manager.
Hence the lack of identity within the club.
Things won't change on the pitch until the club has been overhauled, that starts from the top all the way down to playing staff.
If winning the odd trophy every now and then is good enough for United then we have fallen. We haven't challenged for the league in years, we haven't challenged in the champions League for years, this downfall started before SAF left, it happened when the Glazers arrived. It was just lucky that SAF was a genius when it came to management.

mark_a

I've felt this way since they took over. Woodward is a symptom of Glazer ownership.

What we can do about any of it is the question. In the absence of anything more concrete, I'd say just do what little feels right. Unfollow on Twitter etc..

Anything we've achieved since the Glazers took over is in spite of them, not because of them.

Bojan11

Bringing in a different trust fund billionaire is not going to change anything.
Plus he’s worth 3.2 billion. He’d have to sell all his assets to buy us. He’d be homeless.

It’s either a state or some crazy rich billionaire whose net worth is over 30 billion who could afford us. There’s a chance that some company could buy us but how many companies buy football clubs.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Plus he’s worth 3.2 billion. He’d have to sell all his assets to buy us. He’d be homeless.

It’s either a state or some crazy rich billionaire whose net worth is over 30 billion who could afford us. There’s a chance that some company could buy us but how many companies buy football clubs.
Red Bull Manchester?

VanHaal'sRedArmy

At least this trust fund billionaire has an operation in place to guarantee continued success over many years.

What has the Glazer family won? I mean, 1 measly Superbowl?

Yankees vs Red Sox. Man Utd vs Liverpool. The script writes itself.

Jose Jaime Eskauriatza

Supports
The Ole Train
Could the Norwegian Government (who has oil reserves holdings for the Norwegian population, owns 2% of the US stock exchange) buy us, back Ole and make an example of how a state can buy/mange and run a football team for the future of Manchester United, football, and humanity? Imagine what they could do with us...

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Once again, the Glazers have only spent money self generated by the club, not their own. They have in turn taken money out of the club annually, hell they even brought the club by investing minimal amounts of their own cash reserves and allowing the club to pay off the debts!!
They have allowed the club to fall into disrepair by not having a clear and concise future plan, merely allowing new managers to come in with their own plans and when they don't work out they start again with a new manager.
Hence the lack of identity within the club.
Things won't change on the pitch until the club has been overhauled, that starts from the top all the way down to playing staff.
If winning the odd trophy every now and then is good enough for United then we have fallen. We haven't challenged for the league in years, we haven't challenged in the champions League for years, this downfall started before SAF left, it happened when the Glazers arrived. It was just lucky that SAF was a genius when it came to management.
The Glazers had full control of the club since 2005. Yes, they put the club in massive debt, but since then they restructured the financial side of the club and since then revenues have been growing at an impressive rate. https://www.statista.com/statistics/267735/revenue-of-manchester-united/

Owners are an easy boogeyman to target, and while the Glazers certainly have not been a Oil Prince that have invested massive amounts of money, they've made sure the club has a very healthy economy and it is generating all that on its own, without the need of shady sponsor deals or outright monetary gifts either. For example the owners of Arsenal and Spurs are much, much worse, where they basically have milked the clubs for all the money they can and largely left the managers to operate on a shoestring budget

I have no love for the Glazers, but the mess we are in are not only their fault. The years after they took over, we had one of the best United sides ever, it was when Fergie retired all things went south. Him and David Gill knew how to run the ship, and since then we suffered because Woody is a money man, we have been chopping and changing managers way to much and we are left with lacking structure at a club level and a patchwork squad that is incredibly unbalanced and not worth half the money we bought them for.

Champ

The Glazers had full control of the club since 2005. Yes, they put the club in massive debt, but since then they restructured the financial side of the club and since then revenues have been growing at an impressive rate. https://www.statista.com/statistics/267735/revenue-of-manchester-united/

Owners are an easy boogeyman to target, and while the Glazers certainly have not been a Oil Prince that have invested massive amounts of money, they've made sure the club has a very healthy economy and it is generating all that on its own, without the need of shady sponsor deals or outright monetary gifts either. For example the owners of Arsenal and Spurs are much, much worse, where they basically have milked the clubs for all the money they can and largely left the managers to operate on a shoestring budget

I have no love for the Glazers, but the mess we are in are not only their fault. The years after they took over, we had one of the best United sides ever, it was when Fergie retired all things went south. Him and David Gill knew how to run the ship, and since then we suffered because Woody is a money man, we have been chopping and changing managers way to much and we are left with lacking structure at a club level and a patchwork squad that is incredibly unbalanced and not worth half the money we bought them for.
Whilst I understand your point regarding income growing, this can mainly be attributed to the increase in TV rights. Every premiership club have shown increased income since the new TV deal was signed.
Granted they have found sponsor after sponsor in order to grow this figure more but just because income has been growing does not make them 'good owners'.
They show no direction in anything to do with the football side of the business. They showed no future planning when SAF retired, they have showed no coherent plan with restructuring the club.
But at least they got that tractor sponsorship eh?!! :lol:
I fear for the future of our club, and its mainly due to the Glazers.

crossy1686

career ending
If Liverpool winning their 6th CL and in with a chance of winning the PL on the last day doesn't force someone into doing something drastic then there's no help for our club as long as the current management are in charge.

Grande

As you say, the Glazers have not invested anything into United, they have turned it into a money generating machine with their money man as CEO and Glazers dominating the board. We have seen the club and squad deteriorate under five managers, despite as you say spending huge amounts on managers and players, so whose responsibility is it that we spend so much on failing managers?

Fluctuation0161

Naive post.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
As you say, the Glazers have not invested anything into United, they have turned it into a money generating machine with their money man as CEO and Glazers dominating the board. We have seen the club and squad deteriorate under five managers, despite as you say spending huge amounts on managers and players, so whose responsibility is it that we spend so much on failing managers?
The answer is the Glazer's. The buck stops with them.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Whilst I understand your point regarding income growing, this can mainly be attributed to the increase in TV rights. Every premiership club have shown increased income since the new TV deal was signed.
Granted they have found sponsor after sponsor in order to grow this figure more but just because income has been growing does not make them 'good owners'.
They show no direction in anything to do with the football side of the business. They showed no future planning when SAF retired, they have showed no coherent plan with restructuring the club.
But at least they got that tractor sponsorship eh?!! :lol:
I fear for the future of our club, and its mainly due to the Glazers.
Naive post.
My point is that despite them putting us in massive debt, they are not the worst owners in PL and simply getting rid of them won't fix our issues and they can't be blamed for our former managers making loads of moronic transfers like Fellaini, Di Maria and Sanchez

Don't get me wrong, getting rid of the Glazers/Woody would probably benefit the club, but they are not the only ones who have fecked up the last 6 years

crossy1686

career ending
The cynic in me is starting to think the board are only keeping Fergie on the payroll and looking to hire ex pro's that the fans love to protect themselves from public criticism...

MUFC OK

All focus should be on how the thread title is achieved by us fans. I actually think that Woodward is the biggest issue, he must be removed from the recruitment side.

The glazers have backed us with money however mostly on big name signings to generate revenue. Remains to be seen if they back ole at all, especially with the signings we need.

New contracts for jones and young (saves on agent and transfer fees) complimented by shirt seller signings sums their approach up.

No DoF would well and truly show that this is this case, Woodward knows their blueprint.

Grande

My point is that despite them putting us in massive debt, they are not the worst owners in PL and simply getting rid of them won't fix our issues and they can't be blamed for our former managers making loads of moronic transfers like Fellaini, Di Maria and Sanchez

Don't get me wrong, getting rid of the Glazers/Woody would probably benefit the club, but they are not the only ones who have fecked up the last 6 years
I don’t think anyone has suggested they are the only ones who has fecked up. On tje contrary, it’s the fact that so many players and managers have fecked up that is the damning proof that The Glazers and the leadership structure they operate by (incl. Woodward) are fecked up.

As for being the worst, second worst or third worst, I’m not sure it’s an interesting discussion. If our keeper was not clearly one of the best in the PL at goalkeeping, we would seek to change him out. Likewise with our strikers, CBs, managers, coaches. Heck some of us wants to sack a club legend as manager after three months, only because we are not certain he is one of the best managers available for this club.

The Glazers and Woodward have been responsible for this club steadily deteriorating for ten and seven years respectively, they are clearly not top six level of football ownership/leadership in PL even if Mike Ashley might be worse, and they have no connection with the club at all - why should we not want them out? And who is going to tell them if not us?

Roboc7

The Glazers aren’t going anywhere unless there is a united and committed effort to make sure Old Trafford is empty.
Nothing else will matter to them.

The new technical director will come in and take pressure/attention off Woodward but have little real power. Very little will change.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

I kind of agree. Apart from Moyes woody has tried to make sensible decisions. It just hasnt worked out. Sanchez got me as well as everyone excited. Nobody could have predicted what a flop he'd be.

I think not waiting until the end of the season til making a decision on Ole was a huge mistake though. He was very adamant about getting the manager decision right and now we are going into another season with a manager with no experience at a top club. Club legend alright and his start was amazing, but our recent form has been abysmal. We don't have any reason to be confident that we will make progress next year, which is terrible considering we've been transistion for 6 seasons now.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
You know bill gates and mark zuckerberg only invested around 40k of their own money to startup.

Youre saying it's not their wealth?

Champ

You know bill gates and mark zuckerberg only invested around 40k of their own money to startup.

Youre saying it's not their wealth?
:lol: you're comparing Windows and Facebook starting out to the Glazers buying a club based on debt and then saddling that club with said debt?