Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Piece from Neil Custis who says Woodward's wife has stopped attending games due to the abuse among other things.

So this is Neil Ashton's brilliant PR strategy? To paint Ed Woodward as the victim?

The guy gets paid the highest salary of any CEO in the league and has overseen the worst decline of an elite club of United's stature that I have ever seen. If he is that hamstrung by his employers and genuinely cared about doing a good job, he would step down and explain the circumstances that prevented him from doing a good job. Besides, it's not in any way a good strategy for a rich and well established businessman of a failing organisation to paint themselves as a victim.

Water Melon

Done. Get this signed by millions, hopefully, and let the sponsors see. They will take notice, for sure.

Revaulx

You made out the game changed when fan started chanting about the Glazers. It was pretty obvious we’re weren’t going to score after missing 3 early chances. From what could hear the chanting started after we were losing anyway.
You are right.

I was in the SAF close to the Stretford and only heard the anti-Glazer stuff starting after the second goal. The atmosphere in the first half was pretty flat but by no means hostile.

spiriticon

Woodward should step down now. He's just made too many mistakes over the last 6 years and, crucially, these mistakes have not been fixed.

He needs to stop reacting to external opinions and actually have a proactive plan for the rebuild.

Last edited:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Done. Get this signed by millions, hopefully, and let the sponsors see. They will take notice, for sure.
yeah thats right... they will start offering less for sponsorship and the glazers will respond by spending less on the club and telling woody to go get more deals
best we can hope for is the saudis fancy pissing on the chips of abu dabi and qatar but till then i think we are stuck with the glazers and woody - id guess they sack solskjear once we have lost to city and chelsea in the next few weeks

Water Melon

yeah thats right... they will start offering less for sponsorship and the glazers will respond by spending less on the club and telling woody to go get more deals
best we can hope for is the saudis fancy pissing on the chips of abu dabi and qatar but till then i think we are stuck with the glazers and woody - id guess they sack solskjear once we have lost to city and chelsea in the next few weeks
Nah, if the former is the case, United will lose its value and start to be considered as a "once a great club". If they are not going to invest more money-wise we are likely to start languishing somewhere between 8-14 in the table. It is better to sell now rather than when things start getting truly ugly.

Rolaholic

Ed really is a shameless feck getting Custis and Ashton on his payroll to defend him while blaming any and everyone else for the clubs troubles

Fluctuation0161

I'd have been happy with a 1-0 win, deserved or not, and i'm sure most fans considering our position in the League would feel the same, simple question for you, was there more chance or less chance of that happening if the fans were constantly backing the team or not?
There will be less chance of success if fans don't speak out about Woodward. He is a barrier to our clubs success. Blindly supporting him is not good for our club in the long term.

Performances have been terrible before the chanting and we lost to lower quality sides. So I really don't think you have any point.

Biffo666

Supports
Oldham Athletic
EW is successful at his job, making profits. Money has been available, just look at signings over last 5 years, problem is too many on hugly inflated wages relative to their abilities (eg JL), who are not motivated enough. Blame lies with poor managerial appointments- the funds have been in place but the players don’t give a toss as they are not hungry enough. Any team with Shaw, JLingz and Jones in are set up to fail. Panic buys like Mcguire at ridiculous prices only show that the problem isn’t the war chest but how it is spent and then motivating these so called superstars

Ford_M19

There will be less chance of success if fans don't speak out about Woodward. He is a barrier to our clubs success. Blindly supporting him is not good for our club in the long term.

Performances have been terrible before the chanting and we lost to lower quality sides. So I really don't think you have any point.
[/QUOTE/]
Agreed, Woodward is part of the problem but is only a symptom of the true issue. That being the Glazer ownership.

Seb burrow

Best way to go about protesting is to throw soft toys (maybe snakes), tennis balls or something of that nature on the pitch during a televised game. It stops the game. It’s not going to hurt anyone and they’ll get fined.

pretty sure Charlton did something like this not so long ago.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
You made out the game changed when fan started chanting about the Glazers. It was pretty obvious we’re weren’t going to score after missing 3 early chances. From what could hear the chanting started after we were losing anyway.
Because it did, there had been rumblings earlier, but it started in earnest around the 33rd minute, and a few of the lads visibly wilted, 5 minutes later they scored from possibly their first 'real' chance in the game, then never looked back.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Because it did, there had been rumblings earlier, but it started in earnest around the 33rd minute, and a few of the lads visibly wilted, 5 minutes later they scored from possibly their first 'real' chance in the game, then never looked back.
Then surely that shows they haven't the mentality to play for Manchester, there will be worse chanting from away grounds than this.

Class of 63

Sourness

For 90+ minutes support the team, there's ample opportunity pre-match, half-time and post-match to vent.

Class of 63

Sourness
Then surely that shows they haven't the mentality to play for Manchester, there will be worse chanting from away grounds than this.
Yeah but that's slightly different though, from a young age the players will be trained in how to deal with that, and use it to their advantage, and probably more so at United than anywhere else, certainly in England.

Fluctuation0161

For 90+ minutes support the team, there's ample opportunity pre-match, half-time and post-match to vent.
The only time to guarantee media coverage is during the game.

Throughout history protests that have worked have not been politely scheduled for convenience. By definition they need to be disruptive for the longer term good.

Heinzesight

Woodward, even if he resigned, would be snapped up by some huge company/Noodle firm and be paid similar as he is obviously fantastic at his job commercially...he’s just wank at this football thing. So just do the honourable thing and step down you chinless feck.

the chameleon

Ashton isn't exactly subtle, is he. God knows how he persuaded Custis to pen that drivel.
Also, by title implies the glazers are letting Woodward down. Surely, that means that there appears to be cracks because he is even using glazers to defend himself, no?

Class of 63

Sourness
The only time to guarantee media coverage is during the game.

Throughout history protests that have worked have not been politely scheduled for convenience. By definition they need to be disruptive for the longer term good.
It's Manchester United, it'll get all the media coverage it needs whenever it's done. Plus if it's done at the right time it will put the United fans in a good light, or isn't that important?

clarkydaz

Woodward, even if he resigned, would be snapped up by some huge company/Noodle firm and be paid similar as he is obviously fantastic at his job commercially...he’s just wank at this football thing. So just do the honourable thing and step down you chinless feck.
He is selling Manchester United, not West Ham United

saivet

As far as the Glazers are concerned, I doubt the they give a shit about any protests or fan unrest. Woodward on the otherhand, I think fans calling for his name could well have some sort of impact.

Even from his briefs to some of the interviews he's done, I'm not sure he has such thick skin to be taking abuse week in week out. Maybe I'm just optimistic but if fan resentment for him is consistent in the stadium and across the wider fan base (it's been largely sporadic before) I think he may cower to the pressure and something may happen.

VWW

Seems not to be getting much of response still. I wish someone would run with it. I think it'll be a very effective protest in our current situation. We're already on tbe brink of financial ruin after successive years of poor performance on the pitch. Fan protest is the last thing the club want on their hands.
thanks for taking the time to respond.

I just think people just want to pursue the whole petition and chanting route which though has some affect, will be limited. As much as i despise the scousers, they acted quick and decisively when the situation arose and gave other supporters a working template to follow . We on the other hand have been going round in circles for the last 7 years or so.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If anyone is wondering - I know this is all the Glazers are looking at - but United's stock market cap had $200m USD wiped out in the past 5 days. The market is starting to take notice of footballing events and that means Ole is now running a thin line.

clarkydaz

If anyone is wondering - I know this is all the Glazers are looking at - but United's stock market cap had $200m USD wiped out in the past 5 days. The market is starting to take notice of footballing events and that means Ole is now running a thin line.
I thought the price went up recently?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Can someone please explain to me why the glazers seem to be tightening the leash on Ed Woodward? Why are they concerned with what happens on the pitch all of a sudden?