Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Alabaster Codify7

Yep, as expected. Come Saturday morning, Ashton's week's worth of spin bullshit will start hitting the press.

"Summer warchest"
"DOF"
"Firm plan in place"
"Scouting network"
"Strings to Woodward's bow - one....philanthropist.."

romufc

Yep, as expected. Come Saturday morning, Ashton's week's worth of spin bullshit will start hitting the press.

"Summer warchest"
"DOF"
"Firm plan in place"
"Scouting network"
And like last year they will sell out season tickets and the same season ticket holders will be out in force saying a protest is required.

Until there is a clear drop in season tickets uptake this year, there will be no change.

Eric's Seagull

"Summer warchest"
"DOF"
"Firm plan in place"
"Scouting network"
It's a sad state that we have come to but I think you are right. Then in the summer I think we will have to put up with a similar sh!te show again. Although I hope they learn from how crap they have been and do the necessary planning between now and the end of the season, so that by the summer we have targets lined up and ready to sign early, but I don't think this has much chance of happening with Ed and co.

"Summer warchest"
"DOF"
"Firm plan in place"
"Scouting network"
Yep and Woodwards gone into hiding the coward.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I was listening to Andy Mitten's podcast this morning, and someone said that instead of a mass walkout, the fans should do a mass sit-in instead, after the final whistle.

Can you imagine the images in the news of stewards/police dragging fans out of their seats :lol:

It would certainly keep the fire burning.

Snuffkin

I was listening to Andy Mitten's podcast this morning, and someone said that instead of a mass walkout, the fans should do a mass sit-in instead, after the final whistle.

Can you imagine the images in the news of stewards/police dragging fans out of their seats :lol:

The Glazers would just sell us popcorn.

romufc

This wouldn't get the same media coverage though...

Alabaster Codify7

Don't forget it's Euro 2020 and they will put that into the spin articles!

"Ole and Woodward agree that its always difficult to complete the necessary transfers during the summer window when there's an international tournament. Despite losing experienced players in Nemanja Matic, Marcos Rojo, Phil Jones and superstar Paul Pogba, Solskjaer is upbeat about the new season, citing youngsters such as James Garner and Axel Tuanzebe as being 'more than ready' to fill the void".

Pay me later, Ed, you tosser.

Infra-red

"Ole and Woodward agree that its always difficult to complete the necessary transfers during the summer window when there's an international tournament. Despite losing experienced players in Nemanja Matic, Marcos Rojo, Phil Jones and superstar Paul Pogba, Solskjaer is upbeat about the new season, citing youngsters such as James Garner and Axel Tuanzebe as being 'more than ready' to fill the void".

Pay me later, Ed, you tosser.
This should be revisited in August. I have a feeling that it will be more-or-less word for word Ed's usual post-summer briefing/propaganda.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
We are just 4 days away from stuff like this being written by Simon Stone

"Re: Lack of January signings at United. It was felt within the club that although some suitable short-term players were available, ultimately sticking to the long-term plan to only buy players who will remain part of the squad for several years, was more important and could not be compromised. The club say they are continuing to work on their long-term targets with several signings expected in the summer window, although they also acknowledge that with Euro 2020 taking place this summer, business in the June-August window may be reduced compared to summer 2021"

I made this up of course, but I guarantee you will see something like this within the next 7-10 days

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This should be revisited in August. I have a feeling that it will be more-or-less word for word Ed's usual post-summer briefing/propaganda.
Which is why with preparation, if they know that word, an extra signing last summer and two this window would help. However that is far too much to ask. Silly us to expect a club this size to be run efficiently.

fergiesarmy1

We are just 4 days away from stuff like this being written by Simon Stone

"Re: Lack of January signings at United. It was felt within the club that although some suitable short-term players were available, ultimately sticking to the long-term plan to only buy players who will remain part of the squad for several years, was more important and could not be compromised. The club say they are continuing to work on their long-term targets with several signings expected in the summer window, although they also acknowledge that with Euro 2020 taking place this summer, business in the June-August window may be reduced compared to summer 2021"

I made this up of course, but I guarantee you will see something like this within the next 7-10 days
Haha should email Ed, he might prefer your work to Neil Ashton’s at this rate.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
As I've said before, if the Glazers a) have no plans to get out quickly and b) care about placating fans, the most obvious move on their part would be to "sack" Woodward one way or another.

That is - hire a DOF, implement tangible, obvious changes in the structure, make it clear that Woodward isn't in charge on the football side.

That would have a much bigger impact on fan unrest than the usual noises about "six incoming transfers" (or whatever it might be). The latter line has clearly outlived its effectiveness: we've heard it before (too often) for one thing. And a huge percentage of United fans simply don't trust a Ole/Woody combo to get things right as things stand.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

"Summer warchest"
"DOF"
"Firm plan in place"
"Scouting network"
True. Sad part is many fans will buy it

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Aside from a boycott, the only other truly effective protest would be to get a game abandoned. Mass pitch invasion. Obviously very illegal and would mean people get bans but would be the only thing that would.
A) Make worldwide headlines
B) Force awkward conversations on things like MUTV
C) Hit the club where it hurts

Suedesi

United will lose its position as UK's top-earning soccer club after a string of mismanagement steps and subpar performances

After failing to qualify for the UEFA Champions League for the second time in four seasons, the struggling team has forecast annual revenue will slide as much as 11% from the previous year. That may put it behind Manchester City and Liverpool this year, which would knock the club from the U.K.’s top spot for the first time in the 23 years since Deloitte began its Money League report on soccer revenue.

Well done Ed - add commercial genius on top of your football nous

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
United will lose its position as UK's top-earning soccer club after a string of mismanagement steps and subpar performances

After failing to qualify for the UEFA Champions League for the second time in four seasons, the struggling team has forecast annual revenue will slide as much as 11% from the previous year. That may put it behind Manchester City and Liverpool this year, which would knock the club from the U.K.’s top spot for the first time in the 23 years since Deloitte began its Money League report on soccer revenue.

Well done Ed - add commercial genius on top of your football nous
Who really cares about that stuff, seriously?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
No shot. Woodward is never getting the sack.
I don't know - we keep hearing reports about a rift between Woodward and the Glazers. Last week Woodward's mouthpieces came out with articles blaming Glazers and our former managers while absolving Woodward of any wrongdoing. Whenever the Glazers are seen at events like the delegation with the Saudis, they take Richard Arnold but Woodward is nowhere to be seen.

Overall things just seem a bit fishy. No smoke without fire and all that.

Stepney73

Aside from a boycott, the only other truly effective protest would be to get a game abandoned. Mass pitch invasion. Obviously very illegal and would mean people get bans but would be the only thing that would.

If the walkout happens on a large scale this Saturday and it makes major headlines then MUTV will just cancel the phone ins for a week or so.
I'm sure they did this before when some awkward questions where around the corner(but I can't remember what it was).

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
All Ed did was capitalise and basically whore us during the most financially rewarding period the sport has ever seen. The brand sells itself due to our own past success and dominance. The biggest deals he made were heavily incentivised by succes on the pitch which he’s totally failed to deliver and lost the club a fortune. His horribly slow and predictable approach in the transfer market only hinders us. He’s no genius. Everything he touches at this club falls to pieces in the end. even signing players that ultimately didn’t even want to be here. I imagine this whole mess is just an extension of his megalomania and ultimately his personality. How can someone get something so wrong and still be in a job? It’s crazy. I do think there’s something up with his relationship with the glazers now. I think they are withholding the money from him now not ole and that’s why everything is taking even longer than usual. This month has been a joke. I actually think he’s hired Ashton personally to make him sound much better at his job before he gets the chop. Even if we didn’t sign anything only a DOF and we knew we were going to have a very effective summer that would mean something but It doesn’t feel like that’s going to happen. I feel like it’s going to be a frustrating few years now.

AneRu

No shot. Woodward is never getting the sack.
I wouldn't be so sure of that, whenever the club is struggling the Glazers come under fire but this time fan anger is palpable something has to give. Given that the Glazers have allowed Woodward to spend so much money for zero return and that they are under pressure I think they will offer him up for sacrifice if only to gain some respite.

Arnold can do the Woodward thing just as good and it's not like he was a one man operation on the commercial side either. Looking at how he went into overdrive defending himself I think he is on shaky ground.

dabeast

Decent read.
This underlines the basic point - Manchester United is a club that deserves owners who can give it resources in keeping with its traditions, not these chintzing chancers.

Lentwood

I thought this a while ago. Mass walk outs happen every week at some clubs if they’re losing - can’t see it having any impact

An “occupy OT” on the other hand with a pitch invasion and huge anti-Glazer/Woodward banners - that would be very, very interesting

Marcelinho87

Walk outs will raise all the same questions and grab media headlines just as much.

Keep singing the Ed song, nobody actually wishes him dead but it gathers attention which is the main point.

elánius

Well Glazers are not ideal, they have many mistakes and their takeover was just horrible, but are they that bad if you compare them to other teams from PL? (Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle,..) They take money from the club? Yeah, but they own the club, its their property, everyone would do that and everyone does that in "normal world", it is just a business and their natural right.

But besides that, we are investing like never before (more than 800 mil. pounds net spent last 10 years, only City did spend more than us and Chelsea as a third team spent around half of it). Our wage bill is just huge and no one can say that we are saving at this area. So what is it that makes them so bad? Only manager that didnt get support was Moyes. LvG brought 12 players for more than 250 mil. pounds, Mourinho brought 11 players for more than 370 mil. pounds. Solksjear brought so far 3 players for 150 mil. pounds and our small squad is a result of his incomeptence.

Is is Woodward? Well yeah, I need to agree right here, because he probably does not understand football, but would you blame him for not buying third center back for Mourinho in third trasnfer window after Bailly and Lindelof didnt work? Mourinho in his third season started to rebuild his own squad that he created just 24 months before that. LvG brought so may players and how many of those are actually still there? Martial, Shaw and Rojo. Solksjaer is still talking baout three years plan and some kind of rebuild, but how many rebuilds are going to do? LvG started the first one, Mourinho did second one (and was trying to start the third one). So Olé is there to do a third one in 7 years? Owners should just shut up and pay for it and if it doesnt work they should pay more? And where is the proof that Ole has the skill to do it? Should we spend hundreds of millions to only discover that we are still bad because our manager is bad and we need fourth rebuild because Maguire, James or AWB are not good enough?

I still believe that our biggest problem is manager wise and that is my biggest problem with Ed.
Moyes was horrible, LvG had plan, experience and vision, but he didnt get time he needed to finish his job (and rightly so, because even if you are trying to rebuild the team, you should have at least average results and he didnt achieve that), Mourinho was just a spit on every thing we loved about the club and his CV was just about to buy players, win something, spread negative atmoshpere and leave with huge payout and Olé is just amateour. We just got it wrong every time but it does not mean we should stop trying. This is team is definitely better than 34 points after 24 games.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What you need is a mass pitch invasion disrupting games, preventing the kick off..
A few thousand supporters peacefully sitting on the pitch would take ages to remove them all.

AneRu

I know Woodward is an unprofessional moron and all but the conduct of this window is just too much. I think one of two things will happen in the summer:
- the club is getting sold or
- Woodward is getting the sack.

If the developments on the Fernandes deal are true, more likely they are just posturing to squeeze more money out of United, and we just spent the whole window being briefed about a nonexistent deal then the fans are going to revolt. It's about to get ugly.

Ander herrera the warrior

I think you all should a mass walk out for every game until the season ends and not renew your season pass for next year till the glazers finally sell off the club!

romufc

I think you all should a mass walk out for every game until the season ends and not renew your season pass for next year till the glazers finally sell off the club!
This is exactly what is needed. However; I can almost guarantee you that in April Ed will come out with this fantasy plan saying we are Manutd, we will spend money in the summer to rebuild.

2 days later everyone renews their season tickets and come August we would have signed 2 21 year olds from the Championship.

It is the same thing every year. I just don't understand why fans buy any of his crap. No one should renew their season tickets.