Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Water Melon

We really need to start making our voices heard and counted. We are in the 21st century, there is so much technology around to communicate. Just waiting and hoping for a change won't work. Man Utd is not a football club but PLC these days. If we all consider that the club is their property and the leeches can run it in whatever way they wish to, then okay. Let's watch what is going on as spectators. If we do, however, believe that Man Utd are a football club and a proper one at that, then being a fan implies taking an action when needed. Is there any platform that can spark a fire of change? How did Pool fans manage to get rid of their previous owners?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He makes such a relevant point.

When the club wanted to sign players, it was SAF and Gill who went to meet with them face to face. He said the interview was even worse than a CIA interview :lol:

Now? We send matt fecking judge and a bunch of lawyers. So what do the speak about? numbers. figures. Nothing football related.

Ed is a fecking joke. He needs to hire football people to conduct the transfers. Evra said he even trusted people outside the club. Like fecking amateurs.

This summer has made it so incredibly obvious. Put aside your ego you absolute twat.
Didn't VDB say that he talked to Ole before he signed?

BlueHaze

Find it really amusing these clowns keep going on about responsible spending yet they dodge on getting Partey for £40m or maybe Ole doesn't want him? Either way we aren't exactly stocked on quality midfielders so I would personally have signed him years ago. Quite shocking how many players there are out there that would strengthen our side for decent fees yet we don't even show any interest at all. I guess players like Fred Scot and the senior citizen Matic are the type of players that make you title challengers eh?

Speako

Honestly quite amazing rant from Evra on his Twitter acct. Well worth a watch. Calls out Judge and Arnold and gives insightful detail as to some behind the scenes issues. Hits the nail on the head for me and surely speaks for most supporters right now.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Evra said Ole was changing it and approaching players like Sir Alex used to.
Ok it's changing now then. I'd think that every manager would talk to the player (after they got permission from player's club) before they buy him.

red thru&thru

What this says to me is, Joel and Avram want to run the club and the other siblings are not on the same page. They unfortunately have big powers too and therefore will have a say on things.

Darcie, Kevin and Ed I'm pretty sure have never been to OT, so they straight away probably just want the money and run.

DevilRed

Evra said Ole was changing it and approaching players like Sir Alex used to.
You can just look at our transfer track record since he got to the club and see how far we have come. I can't even fathom why people wouldn't be happy with the job OGS has done so far.

Just a real shame the board isn't backing him this summer. Obviously there are still a few weeks to go and anything can happen, but if we aren't able to get our number 1 target then they should rightfully be blamed.

acnumber9

You can just look at our transfer track record since he got to the club and see how far we have come. I can't even fathom why people wouldn't be happy with the job OGS has done so far.

Just a real shame the board isn't backing him this summer. Obviously there are still a few weeks to go and anything can happen, but if we aren't able to get our number 1 target then they should rightfully be blamed.
It’s been an improvement of sorts but I can see why people would be unhappy with some of the signings too. Personally I rate Bruno and Wan Bissaka but the other two? Maguire isn’t good enough and shouldn’t be captain and James, for all his effort, just isn’t good enough either.

clarkydaz

What this says to me is, Joel and Avram want to run the club and the other siblings are not on the same page. They unfortunately have big powers too and therefore will have a say on things.

Darcie, Kevin and Ed I'm pretty sure have never been to OT, so they straight away probably just want the money and run.
i thought this was said when the father died, only 2 will mainly run the club, the others have no interest

red thru&thru

i thought this was said when the father died, only 2 will mainly run the club, the others have no interest
But unfortunately, they have near enough the same power and income from the club.

I sense some will want to sell, some will want to bleed the club dry, other will want the club to be a success.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
:lol:

Hmm.. what's the context that this should be an issue??
Surely having contacts and talking constantly with top clubs sporting directors is the basic part of his job. If he has been called multiple times about the ongoing deal that makes it pure negligence. Even if that sporting director just wanted to be informed, talk about certain player he surely has to answer back.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
:lol:

Surely having contacts and talking constantly with top clubs sporting directors is the basic part of his job. If he has been called multiple times about the ongoing deal that makes it pure negligence. Even if that sporting director just wanted to be informed, talk about certain player he surely has to answer back.
I don't know. Sometimes someone call to offer me something. Although I reject him already, sometimes they keep calling back, and I just ignore their call.

But yeh. Who knows.

RazorOz

Amazes me so many fans still can't see that we have no interest in winning major trophies and are happy to be the new Arsenal. Challenging every season to be in the Champions League, but no interest in winning the Champions League. Top 4 has become our trophy under Woodward and the Glazers, there's no ambition beyond that, everything we used to laugh at as fans is now Utd.

Russky14

Said it before fan base lacks coordination to gain traction. Tweets are only part of the media offensive required. Sadly money required along with figureheads i.e. ex players & celebrity fans. Organised to undermine the regime & start to expose not only mis-management but also anything else via some investigative journalism.

This is what required to hit our share price along with commercials. Result - increase the chance of the regime selling up.

So anyone out there who can reach out via contacts to the rights people?

GiddyUp

in what way? too hard to set up the money or we are just a bunch of moaning cnuts who would want to buy someone every week?
The bunch of moaning cnuts bit. Do we even have a proper local supporters committee that engages with the club regularly about our concerns?

Chief123

Amazes me so many fans still can't see that we have no interest in winning major trophies and are happy to be the new Arsenal. Challenging every season to be in the Champions League, but no interest in winning the Champions League. Top 4 has become our trophy under Woodward and the Glazers, there's no ambition beyond that, everything we used to laugh at as fans is now Utd.
I think fans can see it. That’s why we have threads like this.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
in what way? too hard to set up the money or we are just a bunch of moaning cnuts who would want to buy someone every week?
Set it up like Barcelona :lol:
Would be a constant soap opera. But would also be a lot of fun.

Chief123

Yes Glazers are a problem and we need them out.

But and it’s a big BUT, we will only get rid of them if we have someone who is willing to be the solution.

Utd would cost £1 billion+. On top of that there is the debt that would need to be factored in. You are looking at a ridiculous amount of wealth for someone to buy Utd without it putting a dent in the owners wealth.

There aren’t many people capable of buying Utd. It would need to be someone like a Bezos or dare I say it, the Saudi regime.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This threads needs to be bumped every day.
Bumping does no good alone.

I think some weighty ex-player figures like Robson, Cantona, Neville, Rio, Evra etc to form a real world coalition which leads fans to revolt in the real world and online.

Once they create and lead some unity, a series of actions can be discussed and implemented. These could include using streams instead of paying for satellite subscriptions, boycotting the stadium once fans are allowed back after covid19, mass boycott of sponsorship brands, spamming sponsor brands social media with protest messaging, public demonstrations outside the stadium and in cities and towns all around the world; many many things can be done.

But the key is to have some credible and fan trusted leaders to publicly front the campaign in the real world. Otherwise its just disorganised internet noise that cant be converted into real world pressure.

Once we are rid of them, we'd need to find a new buyer, so that opens up a new can of worms :lol:.

Whomever buys the club, they should consider candidates like Neville, Van Der Saar or even Solkjaer to be CEO or DoF type figures. ie: I think it's crucial that United's DNA and philosophy is only entrusted to people who truly know the clubs values and historic identity, else the football produced will never live up to fan expectations.

Actully a lot of the strategic work has been done: OGS has sold in a new vision and already transformed a lot of things. But that strategy can never work properly unless its led by competent football people.

Last edited:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Yes Glazers are a problem and we need them out.

But and it’s a big BUT, we will only get rid of them if we have someone who is willing to be the solution.

Utd would cost £1 billion+. On top of that there is the debt that would need to be factored in. You are looking at a ridiculous amount of wealth for someone to buy Utd without it putting a dent in the owners wealth.

There aren’t many people capable of buying Utd. It would need to be someone like a Bezos or dare I say it, the Saudi regime.
Forbes valued United at a little under £3bn earlier this year. Factor in the debt and we are as close to unsellable as they come.

If you had that sort of money, why would you buy us when you could get a midtable team for a fraction of the price, invest similar amounts for the same sort of success, then sell the club once its value has risen? It's hard to see how our value goes up in the eyes of any business takeover, and a sugardaddy owner would likely invest in a smaller club.

Chief123

Forbes valued United at a little under £3bn earlier this year. Factor in the debt and we are as close to unsellable as they come.

If you had that sort of money, why would you buy us when you could get a midtable team for a fraction of the price, invest similar amounts for the same sort of success, then sell the club once its value has risen? It's hard to see how our value goes up in the eyes of any business takeover, and a sugardaddy owner would likely invest in a smaller club.
Yeah exactly. Pretty much unsellable. We are not a good return on investment if the cost to buy us is £3 billion. You are looking at over 150 years to make your money back if it’s based on the £90m dividends in last 5 years.

Absolutely no one is buying us from a business point of view. It would have to be a passionate fan or some rich Arab who buys us as a trophy club.

Glazers are here for a long time by the looks of it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

We’d need 10 million fans to pay £300 each to raise £3billion. I reckon that’s possible. (allow people to buy as many shares they want in exchange for votes)

We could then all be shareholders and appoint a board via elections like Barcelona to run the club. Would be amazing fun.

Last edited:

Chief123

We’d need 10 million fans to pay £40 each to raise £4billion. I reckon that’s easily possible.

We could then all be shareholders and appoint a board like Barcelona do to run the club. Would be amazing fun.
Imagine RedCafe being the owners but on a much bigger scale. We’d have some shocking appointments in the elections.

And fans would be making Lingard captain.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Imagine RedCafe being the owners but on a much bigger scale. We’d have some shocking appointments in the elections.

And fans would be making Lingard captain.
But we’d appoint a board who would make decisions, not me and you deciding the transfer strategy like muppets :lol:

As it’s fan owned, people would pursue decisions with passion, so educate themselves on best board etc. I think it would make our fan experience so much better. Fans all around the world own a small piece and so be even more invested.

actually redcafe would become enormous as a place of club political propaganda :lol:

Chief123

But we’d appoint a board who would make decisions, not me and you deciding the transfer strategy like muppets :lol:

As it’s fan owned, people would pursue decisions with passion, so educate themselves on best board etc. I think it would make our fan experience so much better. Fans all around the world own a small piece and so be even more invested.

actually redcafe would become enormous as a place of club political propaganda :lol:
To be fair I can’t see it being any worse than our current board, so definitely worth a shout. Let’s get a gofundme page sorted and start collecting £40 each.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
We’d need 10 million fans to pay £300 each to raise £3billion. I reckon that’s possible. (allow people to buy as many shares they want in exchange for votes)

We could then all be shareholders and appoint a board via elections like Barcelona to run the club. Would be amazing fun.
Not sure it's the best time to propose we run the club like Barcelona is being ran.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
To be fair I can’t see it being any worse than our current board, so definitely worth a shout. Let’s get a gofundme page sorted and start collecting £40 each.
For £3 billion (3,000,000,000)
its 10m fans @ £300
or 100m fans @ £30

could we get to 100m fans - what do you think? Vast majority of that would have to come from SE Asia, China, Japan Korea and Africa. But £30 is a small sum of money even out there, and it’s a one off payment, so it may be possible. In return real fans own a tiny bit of the club and get to vote in the clubs future direction!

or is 10m @ £300 More likely?

In return real fans own a tiny bit of the club and get to vote in the clubs future direction!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Not sure it's the best time to propose we run the club like Barcelona is being ran.
re Barcelona, It’s the fans own fault as they chose that board! Voters get the Government you deserve :lol:

I wouldn’t mind it, even if we chose boards that failed because it would always be my club being run for me and all other fans.

Chief123

For £3 billion (3,000,000,000)
its 10m fans @ £300
or 100m fans @ £30

could we get to 100m fans - what do you think? Vast majority of that would have to come from SE Asia, China, Japan Korea and Africa. But £30 is a small sum of money even out there, it’s a one off payment, so it may be possible.

or is 10m @ £300 More likely?
I’d imagine a big chunk of our fan base is from Africa. £30 would be a shit load of money for a lot of them.

Let me speak to my accountant Ed and see if we can crunch some numbers. He’s got a mate called Matt who knows a thing or two apparently.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I’d imagine a big chunk of our fan base is from Africa. £30 would be a shit load of money for a lot of them.

Let me speak to my accountant Ed and see if we can crunch some numbers. He’s got a mate called Matt who knows a thing or two apparently.
I once visited and watched a game at the Serengeti MUFC supporters club in Tanzania (see photo below). The members were all Masai Mara clansmen including many warriors. I wasn't allowed to photograph them because they believed it would take away their manly fighting abilities. They all had spears so I agreed.

Yeah, £30 was quite a lot for them :angel:

Last edited:

Roboc7

The Glazers aren’t going anywhere for a long time, they get dividends, consultancy fees and can sell of chunks of the club for huge sums whenever they want. They have all been born into wealth and it’s more free money.

There isn’t a viable owner for the club and I’d imagine when they do sell it will be done in chunks or a listing. Top four every other year is all they need and no mater what they still get their dividends and consultancy fees.

Says a lot about them that they haven’t had competence to build a structure or move Woodward aside and keep repeating same mistakes. The club could spend less money and be more successful but they are either too thick or don’t care because they still get their cash.