Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

TheLord

Ralph1386

Good job Ed and the Glazers!

Way to reinforce the team and lift their morale. Thus allowing them to start the season in the best disposition and create a good atmosphere around the club.

lewwoo

Gross spending is the worst metric to assess a club's spending on players. It is very misguiding.

Glazers have been one of the heaviest spending owners in the last decade, just that their spending has been terrible quality-wise.
Compared to profits they are poor investors compared to other teams in the league.

Eli Zee

Anybody on this site wealthy enough to purchase the club from them? Can we pool all our money together and buy them out?

just kidding. In all seriousness, It would be nice to have people in charge that are both willing and able to bring the right players to the club. If we don't bring in 2 more players in the next few days, it would be a big shame

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
October: Chelsea, Arsenal, PSG, Leipzig.. potentially.

This is such a hard CL group, and brutal coming October.

Get Sancho signed.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Sorry Woody, sorry Glazer bros but Brooks, Traore and Sarr won't cut for teams we just draw in CL.

romufc

I dont think the board care about the draw, they got the money to qualify, thats all that matters.

United knocked out the competition is better for the Glazers.

Get knocked out = concentrate on finish 4th

Stay in, Issues over squad depth.

Lentwood

What's all this crying about our Champions League draw? What were people expecting?

This is Champions League, not Europa League lads and ladies! No good crying when we draw good sides!

On the subject of the thread topic, moaning about the Glazers is absolutely pointless. Forget what we 'could' have spent or what we 'should' have spent or even what they have taken out of the club - nobody is going to successfully convince me that the £1BN we have spent NET on transfers this decade isn't enough

The problems we have had have begun and ended with Ed Woodward....but to be fair....if we sign Sancho in the next few days I would argue his last three windows have been big successes

Offsideagain

Loads of money has been spent but mostly on dross. Not having a ‘football’ man in charge, millions have been wasted.The club has managed to turn talented players into average players. In the meantime, the greedy Glazers have taken dividends galore, which they are entitled to do, and the debt has increased. Unless there’s someone daft enough to buy the club, they will have to cope with a board that’s in the Glazers pocket, a stadium in need of replacement as is Woodward and who knows who the manager would be? United are not an attractive option for any sane buyer.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Spurs
Villa
Newcastle
Everton
Liverpool

All clubs that have had more productive and better planned windows. And this isn't including City and Chelsea for the obvious reason.

We're fecking Man Utd. This is totally unacceptable.

The Irish Connection

Loads of money has been spent but mostly on dross. Not having a ‘football’ man in charge, millions have been wasted.The club has managed to turn talented players into average players. In the meantime, the greedy Glazers have taken dividends galore, which they are entitled to do, and the debt has increased. Unless there’s someone daft enough to buy the club, they will have to cope with a board that’s in the Glazers pocket, a stadium in need of replacement as is Woodward and who knows who the manager would be? United are not an attractive option for any sane buyer.
Yes, the Glazers have forced us to go for 3rd, 4th or 5th choices or nothing at all due to their constraints. E.g. Fellaini, Herrera, Rojo, Dalot, James, Schneiderlin etc. On paper, it looks like we’ve spent a lot, but considering the investment that the squad needed after the losses of Keane, Scholes and Ronaldo together with the inflation of transfer fees in the last 10 years, we clearly haven’t spent enough or been able to.
Even in this transfer window, we’re showing how tight we are (even if covid is a fair excuse maybe), and it will once again be shown that you either pay the big money to really improve the first team or just the constrained money which only gets you more average to good or risky additions.
Yes, it can also be argued that with a clever recruitment team in place, we could have used the money better, but on the whole, if you want the best players, you have to pay the money, and we probably should have spent another 500m over the last decade, but of course, the glazers took twice that out of the club instead.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Glazers have been one of the heaviest spending owners in the last decade, just that their spending has been terrible quality-wise.
Owner spending 2014-15 season up to 2018-19

1. Chelsea +£440m
2. Everton +£299m
3. Aston Villa +£193m
4. Fulham +£186m
5. Brighton +£160m
6. Man City +£142m
7. Wolves +£131m
8. Liverpool +£75m
9. Leeds United +£54m
10. Crystal Palace +£45m
11. Sheffield United +£17m
12. Southampton +£1m
13. Arsenal £0
14. Burnley -£4m
15. West Brom -£5m
16. Leicester -£8m
17. West Ham -£11m
18. Newcastle United -£18m
19. Tottenham Hotspur -£40m
20. Manchester United -£89m

croadyman

If these two clowns stay in charge of transfers much longer then Ole should just resign,yes I know it would be very tough on some of the players but he is operating with two hands behind his back

lilcurt

If these two clowns stay in charge of transfers much longer then Ole should just resign,yes I know it would be very tough on some of the players but he is operating with two hands behind his back
Ole is a Glazer puppet, after coming out post match against Brighton saying the board are working hard and that he is very happy with what he has I've lost all trust in what he says.

croadyman

Ole is a Glazer puppet, after coming out post match against Brighton saying the board are working hard and that he is very happy with what he has I've lost all trust in what he says.
I can't argue with you there

glazed

clarkydaz

Say we sack a manager in 6 months time, pay him off then have to get a replacement. How much extra will that cost the board anyway?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

croadyman

Say we sack a manager in 6 months time, pay him off then have to get a replacement. How much extra will that cost the board anyway?
It's the board who need sacking not Ole,I an sick to the back teeth of us being a laughing stock round europe. This ancient approach to transfers is getting us nowhere at all

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
What do you expect him to say? Seriously use your head

glazed

Unfortunately any attempt to organize and actually do something gets roundly mocked around here.
Well if people insist on being stupid then they can't complain when they get taken for fools. The glazers will never see a penny of my money, directly or indirectly.

TrueRed79

So Woodward, Judge and Arnold all went to Uni in Bristol together and basically end up running a club the size of Utd. Incredible. These plonkers probably never even followed football in their lives, yet here they are making us look like amateur hour year after year.

Josep Dowling

1. Chelsea +£440m
2. Everton +£299m
3. Aston Villa +£193m
4. Fulham +£186m
5. Brighton +£160m
6. Man City +£142m
7. Wolves +£131m
8. Liverpool +£75m
9. Leeds United +£54m
10. Crystal Palace +£45m
12. Southampton +£1m
13. Arsenal £0
14. Burnley -£4m
15. West Brom -£5m
16. Leicester -£8m
17. West Ham -£11m
This surely is not correct.

edit: I’m assuming you are talking about how much money they have put into the club rather than spend on transfers?

glazed

This surely is not correct.

edit: I’m assuming you are talking about how much money they have put into the club rather than spend on transfers?
It's from the link the other guy posted. Idk but I take it to be what they put into club minus what they took out, so net contribution. The transfer money was from club revenue?

Kostov

What's all this crying about our Champions League draw? What were people expecting?

This is Champions League, not Europa League lads and ladies! No good crying when we draw good sides!

On the subject of the thread topic, moaning about the Glazers is absolutely pointless. Forget what we 'could' have spent or what we 'should' have spent or even what they have taken out of the club - nobody is going to successfully convince me that the £1BN we have spent NET on transfers this decade isn't enough

The problems we have had have begun and ended with Ed Woodward....but to be fair....if we sign Sancho in the next few days I would argue his last three windows have been big successes
Forget about how much the club earns actually, they are the same ones that decided to manage the club and transfers the way they do, shambolically that is. Every half brained United fan would tell you that we need a DOF, yet we are still operating in what way? The manager decides way? The same managers that we chop and change every 2 years? The scouting team decided player acquisitions? That same team that decided to buy Fred for 50m?

Maybe we could hit a jackpot and get it right eventually, but that would require way more spending than they have demonstrated in recent year imo. If they are serious to let it all on the managers without club DOF planning, they will need more than the annual 150 m in this current market.

Zen86

1. Chelsea +£440m
2. Everton +£299m
3. Aston Villa +£193m
4. Fulham +£186m
5. Brighton +£160m
6. Man City +£142m
7. Wolves +£131m
8. Liverpool +£75m
9. Leeds United +£54m
10. Crystal Palace +£45m
12. Southampton +£1m
13. Arsenal £0
14. Burnley -£4m
15. West Brom -£5m
16. Leicester -£8m
17. West Ham -£11m
City £142m :lol: I guess those “sponsorship deals” cover most of their spending.