Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

red thru&thru

Politics is such a dirty game. Our own government sells them arms etc.

For better or worse, I just like to divorce sports and politics.

IrishMcD

I for one welcome a Saudi takeover. We'll all be dead soon anyway, and I just want to see United topple Liverpools European cup record before I become worm food. So I'm praying for our Saudi saviours to come along and buy everyone like it's a FM game. If only the Saudis weren't such naughty boys, then we could all be happy. (Someone is bound to take this seriously and give me a lecture about the Saudi regime)

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Infra-red

Ian McGarry and Duncan Castles talking about Saudi interest for the first 10 minutes of this weeks show.

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=a...BUIHVm3DBwQjrkEegQIABAE&ep=6&at=1571681681112

TLDR; It looks like it might happen, but there's still a chance it might not...So yeah:confused:
McGarry is an idiot and there's no reason Castles would have any particular insight here. Having listened to those 10 minutes, my conclusion is that they have absolutely no idea what's going on re the Saudis.

red thru&thru

Let me guess the rest of the show was them shitting on OGS and Cuckan Castles fellating Jose?
They were actually complimentary of Ole. I do find it cringe how negative they are towards us. They basically survive off from talking about us, , many do. However, they do have connections within the game and do raise good topics

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Let me guess the rest of the show was them shitting on OGS and Cuckan Castles fellating Jose?
Yeah and we're interested in signing Werner

McGarry is an idiot and there's no reason Castles would have any particular insight here. Having listened to those 10 minutes, my conclusion is that they have absolutely no idea what's going on re the Saudis.
That's a fair conclusion

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Feck off Woody. You've had 13 transfer windows and we're no better than where we started off.

R'hllor

Why should he, he shits and OT customers eat, working like a charm.

Infra-red

Feck off Woody. You've had 13 transfer windows and we're no better than where we started off.
"I have been utterly useless for the past six years and everything I've touched has turned to shite... but please don't judge me on any of that."

Michael T

Bring it on, Saudi's love footie and I bet the Prince is a big United fan; he's probably as pissed as us at the current state of the club. If the dude wants to spend billions on the club, then the only reason is to knock every fecker of their perch, including Barca and Real; and a shiny new stadium to boot. I can't bloody wait.

Last edited:

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Bring it on, Saudi's love footie and I bet the Prince is a big United fan; he's probably as pissed as us at the current state of the club. If the dude wants to spend billions on the club, then the only reason is to knock every fecker of their perch, including Barca and Real; and a shiny new stadium to boot. I can't bloody wait.
Yeah, let's just ignore that he tortures and murders people. Let's ignore the oppression against women, gays or other races and ethnicities. As long as United win it's all good?

Bollocks.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

Must be nice to do a shitty job, get paid ridiculous amounts of money for it, and seemingly having some kind of job security to go with it just because you keep speaking of some unfilled potential as if any day now it ll come to fruition.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Get off your horse.

I do not want murderers to be the owners of United.
I want United to be successfull again which requires owners that are ambitious and are not going to take money out of the club - nobody is going to be afford this club except people with questionable ethics.
Hence I am conflicted.
Ffs.
On one hand, human lives and oppression. United literally being owned by murderers

On the other hand we might sign a few shiny new players....

Not much to be conflicted about really.

tenpoless

Don't think They're going to sell anytime soon unless if someone comes in with an irresistible offer (paying more than the actual value of the club). The club still generates massive revenue, one of the highest in the game, it is a giant marketing machine and the value of the club increases every year. Think of it as a long term investment, They would be daft to sell.

Alabaster Codify7

Hopefully. Fecking "hopefully".

Even he doesn't believe what he's saying.

"Please renew your season tickets and you won't hear from me for another 12months"

Russky14

Norwegian National Wealth Fund. It has over US$1 trillion in assets, including 1.5% of global stocks and shares, making it the world's largest sovereign wealth fund.

Is Ole not better served for the long benefit of the club using his Cult status in this area - then I woke up.

TRUERED89

I for one welcome a Saudi takeover. We'll all be dead soon anyway, and I just want to see United topple Liverpools European cup record before I become worm food. So I'm praying for our Saudi saviours to come along and buy everyone like it's a FM game. If only the Saudis weren't such naughty boys, then we could all be happy. (Someone is bound to take this seriously and give me a lecture about the Saudi regime)
We've got to win 4 more to topple their bastard 6 wins.. Will it happen in our lifetimes, if at all ? Doubt it :(

TRUERED89

Woodward just keeps outdoing himself by the day, can you get any more stupider then that comment ?

TRUERED89

Feck the shiny new stadium, Just renovate OT. Too much history and memories at that great stadium. I'd be so p!ssed if they demolished it.

Slysi17

Don't think They're going to sell anytime soon unless if someone comes in with an irresistible offer (paying more than the actual value of the club). The club still generates massive revenue, one of the highest in the game, it is a giant marketing machine and the value of the club increases every year. Think of it as a long term investment, They would be daft to sell.
Thats bollocks. The club has decreased in value and not bloody increased. Plus it will keep decreasing if we continue to be shit. You couldn't expect the success we had under Ferguson to help us much longer.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Exactly.
I prefer to judge him on all the other transfer windows he has already had and messed up the vast majority of them, in pursuit of saving money. Net spending below mid table clubs. I think even Aston Villa (net) spent more than us this Summer.
We needed midfielders, but to save money, Woodward decided that we didn't need midfielders.

Why is this guy not getting fired?

El Zoido

Why is this guy not getting fired?
Nepotism. He’s been friends with (and an employee of) the Glazers for 15+ years. You don’t fire your mates unless things go monumentally south from a financial perspective. It’s been evident for the longest time that the Glazers don’t give a damn about how well the team performs as long as the numbers are still good and they get their dividend.

Judas

Open to offers
There was more of a green & gold presence inside the ground ten years ago than there is these days, and we weren't shite then. I find that a bit strange really.

red thru&thru

There was more of a green & gold presence inside the ground ten years ago than there is these days, and we weren't shite then. I find that a bit strange really.
Same. Don't understand why people aren't up for this now?

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sadly many don't though. They just want to win at all costs. They want a team full of galacticos purchased rather than built. It's all about the glory and prestige and wanting it now, despite the fact United was built by workers and our greatest teams were built by hard working managers (Busby and Ferguson) with teams crafted from local talent and pure determination and hard work.

Manchester United do not have a god given right to be top. What rightful position? United have always been a team that challenged. It had periods of dominance the same as Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa, Leeds, Nottingham Forrest.... Yes United have won more but things need to be put in to perspective here. The league has been around for over 130 years and United have won it 20 times. They have won the Champions league 3 times and the F.A Cup 12 times in a competition that has been around over 140 years. United challenge! They compete, and at times dominate but those times need to be appreciated not taken for granted.

I love United because it's part of me, win, lose whatever. However I need to be proud of my club and even though i dislike the current owners and hate how poorly we are performing, I'm proud that our current manager loves our club as much as I do. He's trying to build a team in a similar way to the ones he played in and I support him fully. It's all part of football. What fecks me off more is how well Liverpool are doing and how well they are playing. United could be in the conference as long as the Scousers were below us that would be fine. BUT! That pride in my club comes from history. History that was earned through hard work and principles and those principles are the ones that stop at the win at all costs mentality. Winning isn't everything and when the price of winning is being owned by someone who tortures and murders people for fun and who presides over one of the most oppressive regimes on Earth, that's when I draw the line.
Well said @langster

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Yeah, let's just ignore that he tortures and murders people. Let's ignore the oppression against women, gays or other races and ethnicities. As long as United win it's all good?

Bollocks.
Nice snapshot in this thread of the caf keyboard warriors- ethically clueless, and clueless in pretty much every other department. I’m sure I won’t be missed.

Fosu-Mens

Nice snapshot in this thread of the caf keyboard warriors- ethically clueless, and clueless in pretty much every other department. I’m sure I won’t be missed.
Among the oil states, Saudi is by far the worst in every measurable indicator for living standard, freedom etc. UAE and Qatar are no angles either, but not half as bad as Saudi, and at least they are somewhat strategic about how they operate and oppress and take advantage of people. The Saudis do not give a f. unless their theological leaders do not like it our it might impact their opportunity to buy weapons.

red thru&thru

I like the idea that you can be a "keyboard warrior" for questioning the ethics of the Saudi regime :houllier:
How many people will actually stop watching the team? I'm guess some would, as a few went over ro FC United

dev1l

Sadly many don't though. They just want to win at all costs. They want a team full of galacticos purchased rather than built. It's all about the glory and prestige and wanting it now, despite the fact United was built by workers and our greatest teams were built by hard working managers (Busby and Ferguson) with teams crafted from local talent and pure determination and hard work.

Manchester United do not have a god given right to be top. What rightful position? United have always been a team that challenged. It had periods of dominance the same as Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa, Leeds, Nottingham Forrest.... Yes United have won more but things need to be put in to perspective here. The league has been around for over 130 years and United have won it 20 times. They have won the Champions league 3 times and the F.A Cup 12 times in a competition that has been around over 140 years. United challenge! They compete, and at times dominate but those times need to be appreciated not taken for granted.

I love United because it's part of me, win, lose whatever. However I need to be proud of my club and even though i dislike the current owners and hate how poorly we are performing, I'm proud that our current manager loves our club as much as I do. He's trying to build a team in a similar way to the ones he played in and I support him fully. It's all part of football. What fecks me off more is how well Liverpool are doing and how well they are playing. United could be in the conference as long as the Scousers were below us that would be fine. BUT! That pride in my club comes from history. History that was earned through hard work and principles and those principles are the ones that stop at the win at all costs mentality. Winning isn't everything and when the price of winning is being owned by someone who tortures and murders people for fun and who presides over one of the most oppressive regimes on Earth, that's when I draw the line.
Brilliant post.

VJ1762

Let's welcome our new saudi overlords.:devil::devil:

It's conflicting really. I am happy that one of the most powerful men in the world is a United fan, but seeing some of the shit in Yemen, I don't know if I want the club to be used as an instrument for 'sportswashing' so as to speak.

At the same time, I disagree with posters who say that they would rather see the club in the championship/conference rather than see the Saudis own the club. I would never ever wish for United to be anywhere other than first in the PL, and I am surprised to hear fans saying that they would rather see the club relegated.

If the Glazers and Woodward don't learn from their mistakes, I am afraid you will find that all morals/ethics would go out the window. We are behind other teams in so many areas, I don't even know when we are going to be that 'United' again.

Suedesi

Hypothetically, if Glazers sell - and that's not clear at all - but if they do, what makes you think that the new ownership will change the fortunes of the team on the field? Whoever it is Saudis or whatever doesn't guarantee the team will be flying.