Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Scholsey2004

Basically nothing to report. We all know United delegation are there but no one actually knows whether a sale will be discussed.

I'm guessing we will hear more over the weekend as this event they have gone to, is over 3 days.
If the Glazers had no interest in selling we wouldn't be sending reps to Saudi, it'd be a polite 'no thanks' over the phone. There's clearly a conversation going on.

Scholsey2004

Trump would love to have you in his anti-impeachment movement. ;)
I don't see the equivalency there at all and I'm more than a little irked at the insinuation that I'm some kind of right winger. I'm not.
I
it was back in the days before the glazers bought the club and this was being floated then obviously I'd be be opposed as well. The current reality though is that we're well past that point now. Whatever you think of the Saudis their intentions towards the club are altruistic, they'll run it as a rich kids hobby. The current owners intentions are as far from altruistic as it's possible to get. They view us as a trust fund nest egg and nothing more.

Am I comfortable with Yemen, the journalist who was murdered or that Bin Salman has half his relatives under guard? No obviously not. But the politics side of things will never come near the club. We won't suddenly become a little part of Saudi Arabia because the owners don't run their own country in a way we would like our own western liberal society to be run. Solskjaer isn't going to vanish from the Saudi embassy if we're on a losing streak. Bin Salman will be a passing footnote in the club's history and won't negatively impact the club's day to day running like the Glazers do.

Fluctuation0161

I don't see the equivalency there at all and I'm more than a little irked at the insinuation that I'm some kind of right winger. I'm not.
I
it was back in the days before the glazers bought the club and this was being floated then obviously I'd be be opposed as well. The current reality though is that we're well past that point now. Whatever you think of the Saudis their intentions towards the club are altruistic, they'll run it as a rich kids hobby. The current owners intentions are as far from altruistic as it's possible to get. They view us as a trust fund nest egg and nothing more.

Am I comfortable with Yemen, the journalist who was murdered or that Bin Salman has half his relatives under guard? No obviously not. But the politics side of things will never come near the club. We won't suddenly become a little part of Saudi Arabia because the owners don't run their own country in a way we would like our own western liberal society to be run. Solskjaer isn't going to vanish from the Saudi embassy if we're on a losing streak. Bin Salman will be a passing footnote in the club's history and won't negatively impact the club's day to day running like the Glazers do.
If you class running the club as a method to sportswash the Saudi public image while continuing a murderous human rights policy. Then yes, they are altruistic. :houllier:

Fluctuation0161

Our first team and squad is so weak and lacking quality. It is ridiculous yet so obvious it is down to lack of investment. Anyone who defends these clowns is blinkered.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Woodward really needs to feck off. Hes overseeing one disaster after another. Let him do the commercial side and leave the football matters to the football men.

dove

Woodward is a genius. To take over the most successful club in England and to lower expectations so much that half of our fanbase still support this inept manager we have right now and would see us finishing in top half of the table as a successful season, Ed deserves a medal. We have no plans of being competitive, we are just trying to milk as much money from our brand as possible. Then Glazers/Ed will feck off and leave us in disastrous situation.

Roboc7

Glazers and Woodward are here to stay for a good while yet, unless they stumble on something that works by luck we’re going to be shot for a good while yet.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Oh? I thought just a few months ago He said everything is fine and We should trust the players? wait a minute, it's the parrot man! of course He changes his tune every time.

Nothing He said that We didn't know about.
Can't watch so what's he saying?

red thru&thru

Can't watch so what's he saying?
He's not saying anything new. Someone has just made a compilation video with old quotes from him. Not significant whatsoever from Neville's part. Seems though the fan has made this video to highlight the Glazer's shortcomings, which by the way I agree with.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He's not saying anything new. Someone has just made a compilation video with old quotes from him. Not significant whatsoever from Neville's part. Seems though the fan has made this video to highlight the Glazer's shortcomings, which by the way I agree with.
Thanks.

AneRu

Glazers and Woodward are here to stay for a good while yet, unless they stumble on something that works by luck we’re going to be shot for a good while yet.
Their father stumbled on something that worked, find a man extremely good at what he does and give him the freedom to do his thing. Malcom Glazer did it with Fergie now his kids need to do it with someone else because we haven't suffered because we lacked investment we have declined because we lack direction. A manager's job is too dependent on results to be entrusted with a long term project so they now need to identify a top DOF and agree on a vision they can afford then give him the room to build a team that can achieve such a vision.

onemanarmy

Watching a Belgian football talk show at the moment. They are talking about what has gone wrong at United last couple of years. Even those guys see the problem. Woodward and recruiting policy. They are asking themselves how one of the richest clubs in the world can field Ashley Young and others on a weekly base. If they get that, why don't the people at United have a clue. Really depressing the way they talk about my club :(

Water Melon

Lack of knowledge and professionalism, incompetence, total absence of any direction is what has led us to today's shambles. The ultimately responsible people are the owners and the CEO. Get rid.

AneRu

Perfect unlike Woodward who wants to be the Alpha and Omega at United. One week he briefs that he doesn't make football decisions and another he briefs that he wanted to sign Varane and Verrati for Jose which Jose declined. Isn't that contradictory? And, by the way, Jose was right to refuse to partake in a fool's errand.

We need him out and get in a new CEO who knows what he is doing and his limitations. Getting rid of Woodward will solve like 50% of our problems.

Water Melon

We need top pros in all job positions, that is it. We should not be hiring people due to being sentimental or romantic. The United way is all about winning and winning in style. If the Glazers were running the club in a successful way, nobody would even think about the possibility of being bought by Saudis. Hire a top manager, coaches, scouts, get a DOF with a proven record, and let the pros do their jobs. However, I have absolutely no doubt that Woody will somehow remain in charge of footballing matters and we will continue to struggle. Feck the Glazers and Woodward. "Playing performance doesn't really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business." He can go and do one.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The biggest problem I have, and I have several issues with the hierarchy at United, is the lack of accountability.

Woodward has released all the damage limitation PR stuff in the last few weeks, and it's contradictory. It's all hand-wringing and shifting the blame where possible. No one at the top of the club is willing to accept any responsibility and actually fix the absolute shambles of a club we have become. There is no leadership, no ideas, no accountability, no direction, no transparency and I fear it is only going to get much worse. People can think whatever they want about the manager, but I am utterly convinced that if we hire any manager in world football, while there may be an initial short term improvement, no manager can possibly be successful under this leadership structure and the absolute muppets in charge.

We can put the reincarnation of Sir Alex in charge and get the best DoF known to man, and they would struggle to do anything remotely successful with how we are currently run. They are THE problem at the club, and until they change nothing will.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
The Saudi journalist that wrote the article in June trying to convince the Saudi Investment Fund to buy Manchester United just tweeted this:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

The #soon tweet is about the Public Investment Fund, could be an announcement is imminent

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Is he someone important with regards to a sale? fecking hell, not the Saudis
He's a journalist and United supporter from Saudi Arabia who has pitched buying us to their Investment Fund. This is a very fecking provocative tweet. There is definitely something rumbling here 100%.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I know the Saudi Arabia threads always turn into a shitshow but...This really does look like it's happening.

AneRu

Uhmmm makes the investor call confirmed by the club to on the 18th rather interesting.

GBBQ

Perfect unlike Woodward who wants to be the Alpha and Omega at United. One week he briefs that he doesn't make football decisions and another he briefs that he wanted to sign Varane and Verrati for Jose which Jose declined. Isn't that contradictory? And, by the way, Jose was right to refuse to partake in a fool's errand.

We need him out and get in a new CEO who knows what he is doing and his limitations. Getting rid of Woodward will solve like 50% of our problems.
No, in fact its the opposite. He wanted to sanction sales but Mourinho declined so he didn't. At least in this scenario it is Woodward leaving the decision to the football people.