Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He's a journalist and United supporter from Saudi Arabia who has pitched buying us to their Investment Fund. This is a very fecking provocative tweet. There is definitely something rumbling here 100%.
Perhaps he's on a massive wind up.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No way Saudis would leak anything.
I think you're right mate, but maybe I'm letting my imagination run away with me but there just seems to be a lot of chatter over the last wee while about something going on. Not necessarily a purchase, but certainly interest at the least.

Hambley

Posts of Saudi's representatives don't look like a joke or a new sponsorship for Glazers. They would hardly post all of that just for nothing. So I make a conclusion that they mean it. They are buying the club (if haven't already) which seems to be inevitable. And it's probably the best moment for Glazers to sell the club before the price falls down eventually and 99% of fans join The Glazers movement.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

The #soon tweet is about the Public Investment Fund, could be an announcement is imminent
The wait for the assent begins.

The thought of major change soon happening at this club is getting me giddy! :drool:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Something that makes me doubt a possible sale being in the cards is the rumours emanating from Germany about our interest in Ragnick and the stories stating that he has had discussions with United, there does seem to be some truth in that. If so, surely the Glazers wouldn't be looking to restructure things right now if the Saudis are looking to buy.

Judas

Open to offers
Something that makes me doubt a possible sale being in the cards is the rumours emanating from Germany about our interest in Ragnick and the stories stating that he has had discussions with United, there does seem to be some truth in that. If so, surely the Glazers wouldn't be looking to restructure things right now if the Saudis are looking to buy.
Unless there's already Saudi people making decisions on the football side of things? But that seems a farfetched possibility to me.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Unless there's already Saudi people making decisions on the football side of things? But that seems a farfetched possibility to me.
Maybe that's what they're waiting for? To seal the deal with Rangnick, agree on the future direction and get everything sorted behind the scenes before announcing the purchase?

That way, they can usher in the new era in style.

Judas

Open to offers
If these people were constantly tweeting lies and hot air to the world about Saudi Arabian business you would think they would be facing consequences
Yep, I feel like there must be someone okaying such tweets from what I believe quite well known sources, especially in a country with the reputation of Saudi Arabia.

red thru&thru

If these people were constantly tweeting lies and hot air to the world about Saudi Arabian business you would think they would be facing consequences
Exactly. They also seem like people very close to the Saudi hierarchy to be making it up.

On a separate note, some are suggesting that the Glazer's are waiting for Saudi Aarmco shares, as the payments to the Glazer's will be made of mixture of cash and shares of the company.

Roboc7

Their not posting anything negative, just rumours so their unlikely to be put through the wood chipper for that.

The way these guys are using social media seems like they are just two people spreading rumours, there’s no credibility to what either of them are saying or how it’s being said.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Exactly. They also seem like people very close to the Saudi hierarchy to be making it up.

On a separate note, some are suggesting that the Glazer's are waiting for Saudi Aarmco shares, as the payments to the Glazer's will be made of mixture of cash and shares of the company.
I think I read something saying they would not be opening up the buying of shares to the international market just yet and that only Saudi businessmen could invest (?) I have no idea how this shit works but that's the impression I'd been under.

red thru&thru

Their not posting anything negative, just rumours so their unlikely to be put through the wood chipper for that.

The way these guys are using social media seems like they are just two people spreading rumours, there’s no credibility to what either of them are saying or how it’s being said.
But they're credible people in SA.

But I also agree they're not saying anything negative, so they won't be 'put through the chipper' as you say. Oh well, it is entertaining none the less. Get more excitement from this than the actual United games (besides the two Chelsea games this year).

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
This is going to happen, there is simply too much smoke at the moment. Let’s list the positive and negatives:

Positives
+ Woodward gone
+ No more penny pinching
+ They are not coming here to finish in second place
+ Renovation of OT / new stadium

Negatives
- The Saudi regime is truly awful
- We would be a propagande machine
- Will they care about our academy?
(- No moral high ground)

Remains to be seen if they can get a propper structure for the football side of the company. Its not certain that they would get everything working straight away.

Personally I would welcome them, but would also welcome almost anyone else. It’s not like there is so many potential buyers out there.

As-salāmu ʿalaykum

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
No sign of any protest? Amazed at the apathy amongst United's match going fans. Has United completely lost its hardcore support?
Around this time 10 years ago Liverpool fans were kicking up murder staging marches and protests making life tough for Hicks and Gillete. We've got too many Top Reds unfortunately, rather pull themselves off proclaiming what good pups they are and selfishly accepting this shitshow labelling it "a cycle."

red thru&thru

I think I read something saying they would not be opening up the buying of shares to the international market just yet and that only Saudi businessmen could invest (?) I have no idea how this shit works but that's the impression I'd been under.
Yea maybe, I'm not too sure myself. Just different things I've read.

Roboc7

But they're credible people in SA.

But I also agree they're not saying anything negative, so they won't be 'put through the chipper' as you say. Oh well, it is entertaining none the less. Get more excitement from this than the actual United games (besides the two Chelsea games this year).
One is a journalist who says he’s a Utd fan who would like the Saudi’s to buy us that’s aboutbit. The other is posting on Twitter like any other ITK, he might be credible he might not. Given Utd shares are traded publicly I would expect anyone with genuine knowledge of any deal would not be leaking anything.

If the Saudi’s want to buy and Glazers want to sell this could happen, as yet there is no evidence either of those things are true. However they are one of few plausible buyers I can see for the club unless the value plummets.

Infra-red

One is a journalist who says he’s a Utd fan who would like the Saudi’s to buy us that’s aboutbit. The other is posting on Twitter like any other ITK, he might be credible he might not. Given Utd shares are traded publicly I would expect anyone with genuine knowledge of any deal would not be leaking anything.

If the Saudi’s want to buy and Glazers want to sell this could happen, as yet there is no evidence either of those things are true. However they are one of few plausible buyers I can see for the club unless the value plummets.
Indeed. The Saudis might buy United one day or they might not. These idiots won't have a clue one way or the other.

RedDevilRoshi

Can’t see it.

It will probably be a new shirt sponsorship deal with a Saudi Arabian company

TRUERED89

No sign of any protest? Amazed at the apathy amongst United's match going fans. Has United completely lost its hardcore support?
Have you ever really seen Glazer out protests during a game at OT? Doubt they’re going to start now because of Saudi. I think we’re ready to sell our souls after Gollum, Philosophy and Special Needs One have mentally scarred us for life :lol:.

Last edited:

TRUERED89

No where. There are lots of rumours of the Saudis taking over us and a lot of noise around Rangnick recently. Just putting 2+2 together and getting 1,000,001.
:lol: Well I feel like you could be onto something here! We’re coming for you City :mad:!

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
This is going to happen, there is simply too much smoke at the moment. Let’s list the positive and negatives:

Positives
+ Woodward gone
+ No more penny pinching
+ They are not coming here to finish in second place
+ Renovation of OT / new stadium

Negatives
- The Saudi regime is truly awful
- We would be a propagande machine
- Will they care about our academy?
(- No moral high ground)

Remains to be seen if they can get a propper structure for the football side of the company. Its not certain that they would get everything working straight away.

Personally I would welcome them, but would also welcome almost anyone else. It’s not like there is so many potential buyers out there.

As-salāmu ʿalaykum
Saudi regime does not have the best record regarding human rights, but they are seemingly moving in the right direction. Regarding the propaganda, hopefully they wont have us doing cringy commercials or any of that sort, but they will rather have us doing friendlies in a place of their choosing during preseason and shite like that

Regarding the moral high ground. City's owner is from the UAE and their human right record isnt exactly stellar either, same with PSG's owner and i am pretty sure Abrhamovich has made a couple of corpses in his time. People were not slagging them off because their owners were horrible people, the reason was that they were sugardaddy clubs who basically bought their way to the top

No eye dear

Personally I'm taking all this gossip with a pinch of salt, there is nothing concrete just twitter bullshit

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
The LinkedIn dickhead that started all these latest rumours has supposedly broken his silence and answered someone's DM asking about a potential takeover

Warning: Image is fecking massive :lol:

Dr. StrangeHate

Scenes if Saudi's take over and still keep Ed Woodward :lol::lol:
They would most likely keep him as he has done well on the commercial side and his PR of Ole has been magnificent. PR is one of the things they will be after. Its the football side (Manager and players) they are going to overhaul if they come (I am hoping they don't come).