Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Eddy_JukeZ

I long for the day the Glazers/Woodward are no longer a part of this club.

I worry it won't come for a very long time.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Shambles. This crucial window will bypass us with nothing done, the summer window will come and we will get maybe 2 or 3 in while still clearing out more deadwood. Ole sacked next winter due to poor results and a new manager will come in and start another rebuild again.

Rinse repeat
We'll be lucky to do that with the Euros on.

We've stagnated so badly in terms of how we're managed that I'm worried we're going to miss out on what's probably the most exciting batch of youth prospects in decades to come through. We're such a depressing club.

JoaquinJoaquin

This gives me hope...

https://www.buccaneers.com/video/joel-glazer-s-press-conference-6735161

Also, I eluded previously in here that Ed "might" not be as involved in the football side of things as previous. The above press conference reinforces MY opinion on this. Like I say, there's no hard facts on this, just my opinion.
Funny thing is, The Buccaneers are about to reward mediocrity much like United when they over pay their very bad quarterback in Jameis Winston. Very similar paths the two clubs are on. Bucs been awful for years, and United heading that way.

red thru&thru

Funny thing is, The Buccaneers are about to reward mediocrity much like United when they over pay their very bad quarterback in Jameis Winston. Very similar paths the two clubs are on. Bucs been awful for years, and United heading that way.
I was hoping some announcements would be made such as a dof etc but nothing so far. I did loosely read that Ed has come off the duty of recruiting players? I think I read the source as being M.E.N

jamesjimmybyrondean

What do you guys think? We started turning to shit in 2013 which was the year Woodward took over and for 6 years we've been in this mess and while different managers and players have come and gone, Woodward has been the constant and the common factor in those six years. Is this a coincidence. Or is our current predicament just a case of hiring the wrong managers and signing the wrong players giving that Woodward actually signs players the managers want

Russky14

I am in the midst of knocking something up but it requires a new thread which I can't do. We need traction and at the moment it all feels hopeless per Crosby1686 post.

Who's willing to help?

Cheers

Russky

El Zoido

Ole isn’t good but we need serious investment in to this whole club. Both players and staff. I can not possibly see a turnaround under the current regime, regardless of manager.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
What do you guys think? We started turning to shit in 2013 which was the year Woodward took over and for 6 years we've been in this mess and while different managers and players have come and gone, Woodward has been the constant and the common factor in those six years. Is this a coincidence. Or is our current predicament just a case of hiring the wrong managers and signing the wrong players giving that Woodward actually signs players the managers want
For sure Woodward has been a constant in our failure, but it was losing Fergie and replacing him with Moyes which set off our downward spiral.

Russky14

Per my earlier post who is willing to start a thread entitled

REGIME CHANGE

Well where do I start

I have supported Utd since 1976, so know what it is like to go through years of a few cups with Scouserpool winning all before them, and it’s probably that reversal in fortunes (back to the future) that is becoming a nightmare on elm street. Well it should be - if you have any feeling about the club with the team down East Lancs Road looking to dominate for a few years.

Don't get me wrong domination as we had for 25 years & the Scousers before that will not occur again to that extent. The prats that are Ex pro pundits were calling Man City creating a dynasty for the next 10 years (M Keown words last April) are complete drivel. Domination now is probably 3 years, success of one club will be interjected by other clubs throwing money at it too, so no domination.

However, seeing our closest rivals (forget City) looking like equaling our title haul over the next 3 years makes me really angry in the context of the complete mis-management of our club in the years proceeding and after Klopp's arrival. Its beggar’s belief. The whole club is rotten and we can see the gradual impact of the Glazers ownership under the Stewardship of Woodward = downward.
We now have a manager who is being given so much rope that it deifies logic. The reason he can get away with it is because he is a leg-end. Look at other clubs changing quickfire.

However, the real reason is that the incompetence of the current Regime led by Colonel Gaddafi and his Lieutenant Matt Judge has led us to a situation where we have declined when more money has come into the game and bad decisions since 2009 in both structure, purchases and management have ultimately led to where we are now OGS (24/12 "we are behind on development") FFS. Yes since 2009 look at the buys mostly pap apart from Van Persie & that was a 12-month Fergie Elastoplast.

As for the fans we are in a prescription med haze. A big chunk are on diazepam from the supportive nonsense I can see on threads within this site. Sorry its needs to be said. OGS is no Fergie. The latter rocked up after breaking the Old Firm monoploy plus the CWC to boot. Klopp rocked up with success too. On the other hand we went for has beens in Jose & LVG.

1) in support of OGS under this re-build plan.

Re-build plan

The only reason it’s a re=build plan over 3 years is because of Gaddafi incompetent decisions in wasting money, quite simply a power crazed tax accountant who thinks he is a business man & a DOF. Very few accountants are real business men - why because I am an accountant too and I am not a businessman. Remember he took over the Utd commercial juggernaut. All he has done is create official partners syndrome "official partner to anaerobic digester industry" FFS.

2) babbling on about things like "Mid-season assessment and your expectations"

FFS it was over before we kicked a ball. Next season is over before we have kicked a ball. Forget any cups this season too. That shambolic & clueless team selection by OGS v Arsenal followed by not even a real shot in anger shows where we are. We only beat Burnley & Newcastle because of defensive blunders!!!!!! Wolves next = defeat the way they are generally playing they will counter attack us end of. City up next in the Caraboa = defeat. Do not delude yourselves if you have any sense and care. You should be very concerned - very.
The L/T "re-build plan" is down to finances. We are going to have c 70m less in revenue this year than last & Woody needs to balance the books for the Adams family dividends, so that means less convertible free cashflow due to reduced margins = less capital investment, whether facilities or players.
Get real the tax accountant is re-aligning budgetary expectations of dept managers in the business (incl OGS then again, he was hired on some basis that aligns with this). It’s the kind of shite that I do. Its good business management, but hey we are the famous "Manchester United the biggest club on the planet". Urm the way we are heading with a dysfunctional Regime the latter phrase is just like the legendary Phoenix - in the ashes.

3) "how do we break down sides"

This youth thing is just buying the owners and Woody time with our amateur hypnotist at the helm OGS. "This is what we do at Utd" after PSG. Do what - we got lucky!
Look at Klopp - just gone and bought a Jap player from Salzburg. Their youth system is worse than ours. Yes "Terence Trent Alexander Arnold Darby" has come through, but is there anything else going to come their "wishing well" (sorry could not reset it) err no. He's just adding to the squad and at some point, they will need to spend big, when their revenue/margin stream is increasing as ours falls. Basically, it producing very little. It’s the same at City. The only club with real breakthrough talent is Chelski but they have been buying parents our for over 10 years (like we did). Out of our youngster s I can only see Greenwood, maybe Williams and ANO making it at our club & even then they are no class of 92. Football has changed.

So,

REGIME CHANGE

This needs to be done visibly & vocally at home and away matches (not stunts like banners on the end of a plane). Very large visible banners and a big chunk of the fans in the ground consistently making their voices heard. not just a couple of k we need around 15 to 20k. They need to be made uncomfortable by the vocal intent. So how do you do this?

Look, my own issue is that I am based in Newcastle and have little opportunity to make home games but I am as red and passionate about Utd as any 30yr season ticket holder believe me. So, who on here go to games and are willing to start a something that will put pressure on the Adams family & Colonel Gadhafi = with the net result of out for both / a dilution in their control with Ed out of football matters?

This requires both Social media and old school leafleting etc. etc. Getting leaflets printed dropping these in at pubs pre-match, stirring up a rhetoric similar to the Farage & UKIP movement resulting in Brexit. It can be done, but somewhere here there are many people who want the same but it’s about coordinating this and getting sorry "the sheep to follow" nowt will happen. You need to create traction.

This is more about supporting the team. Teams come and go. This is about the famous "Manchester United the biggest club on the planet". Do we want to be the next Milan? No

Are we happy to see the lucky Scousers "yes there were dead & buried 7 years back" but with some executive insight via FSG and a huge slice of luck re-timing (Klopp & some other aspects), they may dominate? No.

All the other threads on here are absolutely nonsensical sorry, just rant wagons and worry about the now. Get a grip fellow supporter and let’s start something. Look at what Greta Thunberg has managed to do - a 12-year-old with Asperger’s FFS.

So, my first request and sorry Mr. Admin man on here. Rules are rules but as an accountant you need to sometimes bend these, I need someone on here to start a thread entitled "REGIME CHANGE" and then allow me with my paltry 60+ posts to get this on it. Who is willing to do this? Who is also willing to constructively create a movement both physical and on-line to get this seriously moving within a relatively short timeframe? This needs planning but that re plenty out there with both intelligence and passion who can make this work.

Up to you because we are all being led down a path of delusion orchestrated by the Executive at the top and with Ole doing, he his "look into my eyes my eyes not round eyes. 1 2 3 you are now back in the room".

We need a movement to get these greedy cretins out of our club. They either start spending their own cash = no, or the parasites feck off. Let’s get some consensus down as to mode of delivery and the messages that are needed to get across. Let’s deal in objectivity and rationale feeling not hysterical bull carp or crack pot ideas.

So, who is Spartacus or Greta to get this rolling?

Water Melon

REGIME CHANGE

Well where do I start

I have supported Utd since 1976, so know what it is like to go through years of a few cups with Scouserpool winning all before them, and it’s probably that reversal in fortunes (back to the future) that is becoming a nightmare on elm street. Well it should be - if you have any feeling about the club with the team down East Lancs Road looking to dominate for a few years.

Don't get me wrong domination as we had for 25 years & the Scousers before that will not occur again to that extent. The prats that are Ex pro pundits were calling Man City creating a dynasty for the next 10 years (M Keown words last April) are complete drivel. Domination now is probably 3 years, success of one club will be interjected by other clubs throwing money at it too, so no domination.

However, seeing our closest rivals (forget City) looking like equaling our title haul over the next 3 years makes me really angry in the context of the complete mis-management of our club in the years proceeding and after Klopp's arrival. Its beggar’s belief. The whole club is rotten and we can see the gradual impact of the Glazers ownership under the Stewardship of Woodward = downward.
We now have a manager who is being given so much rope that it deifies logic. The reason he can get away with it is because he is a leg-end. Look at other clubs changing quickfire.

However, the real reason is that the incompetence of the current Regime led by Colonel Gaddafi and his Lieutenant Matt Judge has led us to a situation where we have declined when more money has come into the game and bad decisions since 2009 in both structure, purchases and management have ultimately led to where we are now OGS (24/12 "we are behind on development") FFS. Yes since 2009 look at the buys mostly pap apart from Van Persie & that was a 12-month Fergie Elastoplast.

As for the fans we are in a prescription med haze. A big chunk are on diazepam from the supportive nonsense I can see on threads within this site. Sorry its needs to be said. OGS is no Fergie. The latter rocked up after breaking the Old Firm monoploy plus the CWC to boot. Klopp rocked up with success too. On the other hand we went for has beens in Jose & LVG.

Re-build plan

The only reason it’s a re=build plan over 3 years is because of Gaddafi incompetent decisions in wasting money, quite simply a power crazed tax accountant who thinks he is a business man & a DOF. Very few accountants are real business men - why because I am an accountant too and I am not a businessman. Remember he took over the Utd commercial juggernaut. All he has done is create official partners syndrome "official partner to anaerobic digester industry" FFS.

FFS it was over before we kicked a ball. Next season is over before we have kicked a ball. Forget any cups this season too. That shambolic & clueless team selection by OGS v Arsenal followed by not even a real shot in anger shows where we are. We only beat Burnley & Newcastle because of defensive blunders!!!!!! Wolves next = defeat the way they are generally playing they will counter attack us end of. City up next in the Caraboa = defeat. Do not delude yourselves if you have any sense and care. You should be very concerned - very.
The L/T "re-build plan" is down to finances. We are going to have c 70m less in revenue this year than last & Woody needs to balance the books for the Adams family dividends, so that means less convertible free cashflow due to reduced margins = less capital investment, whether facilities or players.
Get real the tax accountant is re-aligning budgetary expectations of dept managers in the business (incl OGS then again, he was hired on some basis that aligns with this). It’s the kind of shite that I do. Its good business management, but hey we are the famous "Manchester United the biggest club on the planet". Urm the way we are heading with a dysfunctional Regime the latter phrase is just like the legendary Phoenix - in the ashes.

This youth thing is just buying the owners and Woody time with our amateur hypnotist at the helm OGS. "This is what we do at Utd" after PSG. Do what - we got lucky!
Look at Klopp - just gone and bought a Jap player from Salzburg. Their youth system is worse than ours. Yes "Terence Trent Alexander Arnold Darby" has come through, but is there anything else going to come their "wishing well" (sorry could not reset it) err no. He's just adding to the squad and at some point, they will need to spend big, when their revenue/margin stream is increasing as ours falls. Basically, it producing very little. It’s the same at City. The only club with real breakthrough talent is Chelski but they have been buying parents our for over 10 years (like we did). Out of our youngster s I can only see Greenwood, maybe Williams and ANO making it at our club & even then they are no class of 92. Football has changed.

So,

REGIME CHANGE

This needs to be done visibly & vocally at home and away matches (not stunts like banners on the end of a plane). Very large visible banners and a big chunk of the fans in the ground consistently making their voices heard. not just a couple of k we need around 15 to 20k. They need to be made uncomfortable by the vocal intent. So how do you do this?

Look, my own issue is that I am based in Newcastle and have little opportunity to make home games but I am as red and passionate about Utd as any 30yr season ticket holder believe me. So, who on here go to games and are willing to start a something that will put pressure on the Adams family & Colonel Gadhafi = with the net result of out for both / a dilution in their control with Ed out of football matters?

This requires both Social media and old school leafleting etc. etc. Getting leaflets printed dropping these in at pubs pre-match, stirring up a rhetoric similar to the Farage & UKIP movement resulting in Brexit. It can be done, but somewhere here there are many people who want the same but it’s about coordinating this and getting sorry "the sheep to follow" nowt will happen. You need to create traction.

This is more about supporting the team. Teams come and go. This is about the famous "Manchester United the biggest club on the planet". Do we want to be the next Milan? No

Are we happy to see the lucky Scousers "yes there were dead & buried 7 years back" but with some executive insight via FSG and a huge slice of luck re-timing (Klopp & some other aspects), they may dominate? No.

All the other threads on here are absolutely nonsensical sorry, just rant wagons and worry about the now. Get a grip fellow supporter and let’s start something. Look at what Greta Thunberg has managed to do - a 12-year-old with Asperger’s FFS.

So, my first request and sorry Mr. Admin man on here. Rules are rules but as an accountant you need to sometimes bend these, I need someone on here to start a thread entitled "REGIME CHANGE" and then allow me with my paltry 60+ posts to get this on it. Who is willing to do this? Who is also willing to constructively create a movement both physical and on-line to get this seriously moving within a relatively short timeframe? This needs planning but that re plenty out there with both intelligence and passion who can make this work.

Up to you because we are all being led down a path of delusion orchestrated by the Executive at the top and with Ole doing, he his "look into my eyes my eyes not round eyes. 1 2 3 you are now back in the room".

We need a movement to get these greedy cretins out of our club. They either start spending their own cash = no, or the parasites feck off. Let’s get some consensus down as to mode of delivery and the messages that are needed to get across. Let’s deal in objectivity and rationale feeling not hysterical bull carp or crack pot ideas.

Hats off.

Utd for ever

REGIME CHANGE

Well where do I start

Re-build plan

So,

REGIME CHANGE

That was brilliantly put, I've got to say though as much as fergie and Gill did for the club I think they let us all down when glazers took over. Remember at first they both came out guns blazing saying that the borrowing to buy the club was to aggressive, but then they went quiet and went along with it, I'm sure the fans knowing what fergie had done for us would have backed them up if they had made a stand, they was 100% right in the beginning, these yanks are just businessmen, not football men, our only hope is a multibillionaire comes along who wants our club back at the top, fingers crossed.

dev1l

Not sure why they think having such an inexperienced manager does them any favours, just exposes them even more as clueless.
If they gave a high profile manager like Jose or LVG the job, he would demand more investments in the squad -something they don't want.
Owners are only concerned about profits , they re not football fans. Even when we won nothing we still made record profits.
Now profits will be going down a bit , but still it s less expensive to continue having a net spend of 70-80 million per year than to spend 300 million and get 50 million champions league money

JG3001

Until fans stop attending matches, doing mass HT walkouts, forced engagement between the supporters trust and the board (with full transparency of the clubs direction), nowt will happen.

From the boards point of view, the decline has been managed incredibly well. Still full on match day, still pulling in sponsors from everywhere, and half the fan base accepting of mediocrity for a club which should realisitcally challenge most seasons.

Lots of fans, opposition or otherwise, harp on about the fall of empires and what have you, but for the most part I think it’s nonsense. Generally the money a club has does correlates to success, it shouldn’t do, but it does in the modern game.

We’re just run by accountants and asset strippers.

The Irish Connection

Dithering again over transfers I see. We need at least 2 in this window. We’ll see what happens but have my doubts as usual with the board and Woodward’s team.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Until fans stop attending matches, doing mass HT walkouts, forced engagement between the supporters trust and the board (with full transparency of the clubs direction), nowt will happen.

From the boards point of view, the decline has been managed incredibly well. Still full on match day, still pulling in sponsors from everywhere, and half the fan base accepting of mediocrity for a club which should realisitcally challenge most seasons.

Lots of fans, opposition or otherwise, harp on about the fall of empires and what have you, but for the most part I think it’s nonsense. Generally the money a club has does correlates to success, it shouldn’t do, but it does in the modern game.

We’re just run by accountants and asset strippers.
Bang on. A club's wage bill is the best predictor of its finishing league position. We have the highest wage bill and can't even come close to mustering a title challenge.

croadyman

What the hell is it going to take for the clowns upstairs to see we need 2 midfielders in this window.

Son

The club should be laying the groundwork for HUGE investment in the region of £300 million starting this month and through the summer. Focusing on midfield, a top right winger and a new left back. We should be doing what Real Madrid did last summer.

Fans laugh at Hazard and Jovic being flops but it doesn’t even matter. They just get thrown out and new ones brought in if they fail. Something we don’t do nearly enough.

Veron and Forlan in the 00’s didn’t get to stick around long and I guarantee both those could play Lingard and Periera off the park.

Our Youth is great but it shouldn’t impact on investment either way. Not if we want to actually win trophies again.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
What the hell is it going to take for the clowns upstairs to see we need 2 midfielders in this window.
TBF, just because our scouting database turned-up 800 options (or whatever Woodward said it was) before recommending AWB as our right-back signing, doesn’t mean that that database can find a single central-midfielder who could improve what we have there already :lol:

:rolleyes:

dev1l

This is why Ed remains untouchable for the Glazers..

arthurka

This is why Ed remains untouchable for the Glazers..

It´s also the reason why the Glazers are in no hurry to sell, the valuation of sporting entities keeps going up and until that trend stops they won´t need to sell. Us fans will have to make it unbearable for Ed and the owners, nothing will change in the same climate.

red thru&thru

The crazy thing is, the share price went up real quick, after City 10% sale. Market reacted I guess. But it's been going up quite aggressively ever since, not too sure why?!

DartMaverick

Supports
ManUtd
It is going up even against the common trend on the market! Maybe Saudis are really involved somehow?

Btw could we know how many shares are on the market or in other hands and how many are owned by Glazers? Without difference between A and B types, just the ratio in terms of equity, 70% to 30% or 80% to 20%?

Last edited:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Fans laugh at Hazard and Jovic being flops but it doesn’t even matter. They just get thrown out and new ones brought in if they fail. Something we don’t do nearly enough.

Veron and Forlan in the 00’s didn’t get to stick around long and I guarantee both those could play Lingard and Periera off the park.
Sorry this is off topic, and feck the Glazers, but the things I'd do to have these two in our team right now :drool:

LuckyScout78

About Woodward. I hope his reflection ability win over his ego and loosing face. But not taking the blame. Reflect that i am on the football side of the club is not good enough. Step down to let some really good football knowledge and experience, with good ability to negotiate. And still look like a businessman, but with a football head. Maybe like Edwin D Saar working for Ajax as football D.o.f.

I think it’s time to hire EVSaar as United D.O.F. And we are ask Woodward to leave the club. Just his current post. And he can focus 100% on marketing. C.E.O of marketing and business side of the club.

About his two last decisions. It is ok to appoint Ole as caretaker. But it was a bit sentimental in it. And happen really quick. Just few days after Mourinho got sacked. After Liverpool game.

And here come the bad decision. A decision a bit too early. He thought Ole and United beat PSG, because Ole was really good. Beat one of the best team out there. Then W thought Ole was the right to take care. Hand him a permanent contract after PSG. But taking of the united glass and see it with objective view. United were lucky to go trough to next stage. After that. Herrera got injured. Then United, Ole and Woodward hit the reality. It wasn’t a genius by Ole. After that United struggled to beat. Only loose and draw against bottom team. And it keep going to this first half season.
Woodward to quick. If he is a football man. He would knew PSG last match United were lucky. Wait to the end of the season. To make the decision. Woodward too high and in heaven after PSG game. Then called Ole in to the office and give him the permanent job.

So in the end. I think only himself can make him step a side/down. Or someone above him, the boss over him. If, I don’t really know he can leave the Ceo of football post. Self reflection and analyzing. If his don’t want to take his part of the blame. Then only the big boss of the club can do it.
like Wood and Ole. From a human perspective point of view. It hard to take the blame and step down, until they got sacked. And it takes a big MAN to do it. So i am waiting how long it will go. Before Woodward is not CEo of club anymore, special football side.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
In a semi against City, we would normally but it seems people are just bored of the tripe on show.
When we played them in the 2010 semi we got about 74,000. Think that was during the green and gold campaign. Article says there are "hundreds" of unsold tickets so probably right in line with that.

You'd think people would eventually stop going to games because they're bored or to put pressure on the owners, but that doesn't seem to be happening here.

GiddyUp

Good. I stopped spending money on the club five years ago after hearing Woodward's priorities. Wet willies won't work on this guy and our match going fans have been too docile. It's time to direct our frustration Woodward's way. The guy thinks he's the silverback. It's time to take him down a peg or two. Make it known to the Glazers that we want someone else running the club and they can hire another family accountant.