Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Ole with disappointing quotes but he obviously has to say them.

R'hllor

Why he is putting players on the line to block off chants. That sounds like " Please dont do that, my players wont understand itand they will think, you having a go at them". What the actual feck, he could just say, yea i noticed and no comment.

Red00012

After the game Ole was asked about the transfer window , he went totally off the point saying Ed was great and the money is there. I was wondering why he went that direction with the answer.

Ludens the Red

Ole with disappointing quotes but he obviously has to say them.
Yuh, id be more disappointed if he spoke out against them. His job is to manage the team not play politics. Leave that to the fans who will hopefully keep this up.

lsd

The Oracle
Utd win well so people have to vent their rage on Woodward again instead of Ole .

Some Utd fans just don't do happy

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I asked this question elsewhere today but got no reply.

How is it that the people backing Ole to the hilt appear to be the ones who hate Woodward and the Glazers the most? Surely if you think Ole is right and the project is right then finally Ed and the owners are doing something right?

If all the players we bought are the right type of United player and the club briefed everyone after the media that a transfer board has been put in place and that the type of signing will be different to the past years, then once again, are the club/Woodward/owners not starting to get it right?

How do you marry the two? That Ole and the project is great for the long term, but that Woodward and the Glazers need to feck off?

You do realise new Arab owners wouldn't have Ole managing for a single second longer or give any shits about a "United way"?
Glazer fan. You need to be put in a glass case.

lsd

The Oracle
Imagine ever being happy with Woodward and the Glazers, you'd have to be mad.

So you were not happy when we won trophies with them around and if we win any in the future ?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
How is it loaded?

I'm asking the question because despite thinking Ole's a terrible appointment, I do believe the club is finally getting it right with having a direction with regards to where they want to head. I think they have listened to Sir Alex and David Gill with regards to having a transfer committee and a manager who has the right ideals.

And I could go through the threads Mack and absolutely prove to you that there are an incredible amount of posters that are backing Ole and every little thing about the project whilst then jumping into Glazer/Woodward threads and absolutely tearing them to pieces.

So I want some explanation as to how those backing Ole and the project don't give any credit to Woodward or the owners for that very appointment and project?
If Ole became a success, there'd be more than a lingering suspicion that Woody had stumbled upon a good choice rather than suddenly developing the ability to spot managers.

And even if he did manage to get that one thing right, it hardly stacks up against the mountain of stupid shit he's done here.

van Hooijdonk

Utd win well so people have to vent their rage on Woodward again instead of Ole .

Some Utd fans just don't do happy
You are happy with constant 5-6th finishes in the PL with the 3rd or 4th biggest wage budget in European football ? Well, you deserve mediocrity, mate.

Last edited:

Strelok

Not an out right defence of the Glazers in that statement though is there?
Spot on.

He didn't defend them at all or say anything against that. He just basically said nothing.

Only the blind ones would say he'd not need reinforcement right now. We won 4-0 and the fans just wholeheartly spoke that out for him. He must be really happy inside imo.

He went on to say they’ve been good to him and he has full backing.
Just read this now. Yes but that's all political imo. If full backing mean no fecking signing this Jan then it's just bs.

ShinjiNinja26

Ha, not a chance - water off a ducks back, guarantee it.
Nah, Woody’s got a massive ego it’s definitely gonna bother him. Can you imagine him sitting in the stands with his pals listening to chants of “Woodwards a Wanker” and calling him a useless cnut, he’ll be fuming. :lol:

The good thing for us is the only way to stop it is for him to get his act together and start doing his job properly and get some deals done.

Lee565

This is not the way forward, fans need to act more dignified in questioning poor management of the club from a football perspective.

Woodward deserves vocal criticism but if someone spoke like crap to you in front of other people because of something they perceived you've done wrong, your not going respond with a positive reaction to please them but a defensive one of screw you which is not what we want as it creates mentality of him vs us fans.

It should be either a vocal constructive criticism directed at the higher ups which throws questions at them that they have to answer to or protesting in a way that has a financial effect to show a lack of trust from the fans in how the club is being run.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think that the most intelligible message would be an actual Old Trafford boycott. I don't know if that's possible though.

Cantona in disguise

This is not the way forward, fans need to act more dignified in questioning poor management of the club from a football perspective.

Woodward deserves vocal criticism but if someone spoke like crap to you in front of other people because of something they perceived you've done wrong, your not going respond with a positive reaction to please them but a defensive one of screw you which is not what we want as it creates mentality of him vs us fans.

It should be either a vocal constructive criticism directed at the higher ups which throws questions at them that they have to answer to or protesting in a way that has a financial effect to show a lack of trust from the fans in how the club is being run.
How would that song go?

Fosu-Mens

How is this "constructive criticism" going to work? Unless you are attaching $$$ to that note, it will never get their notice.
Mass protesting/boycotting are the only legal elements that will impact their view on owning the club. If the fans that they love getting money from, suddenly stop giving them money and impacts other revenue streams like sponsorships, then they might be inclined to sell the club.

Djemba-Djemba

Great to see.

I fecking loathe the Glazers and Woodward, they have leached off this club for 15 years and are the major reason we're so shit now.

It seems like the news of offering a new contract to Ashley Young was the final straw for people.