Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

WelshManc

What's the point of this trending on Twitter? It's not going make any kind of difference whatsoever. Pointless.

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
I have two clubs that I support since I was a child. Eintracht Frankfurt and United. If the situation would be the same in Frankfurt I could guarantee you that it would not be possible to do that. Why? Because the organisation is way better.

There have been more actions against Andreas Möller (now officially responsible for the youth) than against the Glazers this season.

Möller left Frankfurt very clumsy as a player. A few years back - When Frankfurt played Dortmund in the DFB Cup final - he said as a pundit that he hopes Dortmund will win it because he has nothing to do with Frankfurt.
Much less bad what he did of course.

But chants and banners during matches, posters around the stadium each home game. They organized many things and it was in the media instantly.

The missing piece is organisation.

I was happy about that chant to be honest and I hope there is more to come. Fans are the most important thing in this game. Even for the Glazers - although for the wrong reasons.

It is easy to say but I hope some group of people start to act - they would get very much support if the actions are not violent.

And if there are several actions going on already - please let the people know how to support you.

UnitedFan93

I agree, but because they wont replace woodword in my view.... tons of money spent, record breaking
Please do not fall for 'tons of money spent'. Yes we've spent hundreds of millions, but alot of that money has been recycled from player sales (the Lukaku sale pretty much paid for Maguire for example).

United should be spending more given our revenues and at the same time making long term investments in Old Trafford and the training ground. Unfortunately when we're half a billion in debt (thanks to the Glazers) and have had a billion taken from the club (thanks to the Glazers), long term investments are not going to happen. Hence why we are falling behind in terms of infrastructure also.

We've spent more on debt than we have on transfers since the Glazers took over!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I can't for the life of me understand why the Glazers have let the situation to fester in such a disgraceful way. The second highest wage bill in world football and we don't even have a competent midfield with Pogba out.

The owners don't give a feck as long as they get their cut every year. The owners are also the biggest issue at this club.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What's the point of this trending on Twitter? It's not going make any kind of difference whatsoever. Pointless.
Yeah not with that attitude it won't.

Any kind of awareness is better than nothing. It all starts with a spark.

Denis79

Please do not fall for 'tons of money spent'. Yes we've spent hundreds of millions, but alot of that money has been recycled from player sales (the Lukaku sale pretty much paid for Maguire for example).

United should be spending more given our revenues and at the same time making long term investments in Old Trafford and the training ground. Unfortunately when we're half a billion in debt (thanks to the Glazers) and have had a billion taken from the club (thanks to the Glazers), long term investments are not going to happen. Hence why we are falling behind in terms of infrastructure also.

49% of our revenue since their takeover to 2017 was used in manage the debt compared to 29% used on buying players according to an article I read. City during the same period used something like 65% of their revenue on transfers.

OverratedOpinion

I love the intent behind this but sadly I do agree with the other chap in regards to effectiveness. The Glazers will be gone when they receive an offer that is financially beneficial to them beyond any expected future earnings or potential further growth on their investment. Good news is that our name alone means that is always a strong possibility.

Tarrou

Feels like a bit of momentum is building with this. Ed is under enormous pressure to reinforce the squad now, at least.

I get why people think protesting won't make a difference but ultimately it can. A disgruntled fanbase are going to start losing the club revenue at some point or other, whether it be reduced ticket sales, merchandise or viewership numbers which eventually trickles down to reduced leverage in sponsorship deals - compounded massively by an underperforming team.

The Glazers goal is to make money, and the money all comes from the fans. There is obviously a connection there.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just build a rhythm and song for Woodward out every time we lose.

Seb burrow

Part of me hopes we don’t sign anyone in this window to really kick off the toxic vibes that were heard at the Norwich game.

I get people say you should support the team but a month of protest is better than this continuous mess which is spiralling out of control.

teams are serious investing in their infrastructure (squad, stadium and training grounds) we haven’t.That once attractive proposition we had. Is going.

mattsville

The glazers just sit in the background and provide money to managers picked by woodward and the board, and we cannot deny the managers have been provided money, the choices of manager have been problematic, that happens, you can only sign the best that is available at a certain time, however..... if you realise the manager is not working out great with no long term progress and planning or if you see a new more appropriate manager is available we are to some too nice in that regard, there is a tradition at the club, we are loyal to the guys we hire, others are not ruthlessly in the pursuit of continued relevance and success, real madrid hired 3 managers in a single season, they basically destroyed their national team at a major tournament by hiring their coach, sacked him, hired solari, sacked him and signed zidane again, people do not matter to them, even the dippers, with their new owners sacked a club legend in dalglish for coming out and supporting a convicted rasist in suarez, not good for their agenda, then after rodgers nearly won the league he was sacked mid season as klopp was available, ruthless, it is a double edged sword and if you want that approach to change get the saudis in, but you have seen the reaction to that on here also.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I love the intent behind this but sadly I do agree with the other chap in regards to effectiveness. The Glazers will be gone when they receive an offer that is financially beneficial to them beyond any expected future earnings or potential further growth on their investment. Good news is that our name alone means that is always a strong possibility.
It may seem like nothing but twitter trends along with the recent PR shitstorm and the songs vs Norwich can easily snowball into something much bigger. And when it gains traction it will be easier to organise proper protests. When the fans start showing animosity it won't take long before all the sponsors and stakeholders spitting endless money into the club start asking serious questions.

Glazers survived the green and gold protests because Fergie bailed them out with league titles and CL finals. They don't have that luxury this time.

OverratedOpinion

It may seem like nothing but twitter trends along with the recent PR shitstorm and the songs vs Norwich can easily snowball into something much bigger. And when it gains traction it will be easier to organise proper protests. When the fans start showing animosity it won't take long before all the sponsors and stakeholders spitting endless money into the club start asking serious questions.

Glazers survived the green and gold protests because Fergie bailed them out with league titles and CL finals. They don't have that luxury this time.
I would argue that they survived through it because they don't give a shit. They got away with daylight robbery and then watched the asset they got for essentially nothing multiply in value due to natural inflation of the business side of football. For reference Liverpool and Arsenal's worth and revenue also multiplied at a similar rate during that time despite winning feck all of note. Not to sound dismissive but whilst that is happening I doubt they really paid much mind to a few green scarves or twitter posts.

I do think that the rapid upward trend of inflation will begin to stagnate at which point they might be more open to offers. I am not trying to sound all doom and gloom because whilst I sadly don't think we can effect it that much I do have the optimism that the same thing that makes them terrible owners (having no attachment to Utd) means they will inevitably be gone.

AndyMUFC

It's like, fair enough in not wanting to constantly waste money on the wrong players but you can't leave yourself with a squad this thin on the ground ffs. It's ridiculous for a club this size.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
all we need is 300 people. every home game 100 of us jump onto the pitch and just lie down. We have to get our games stopped and then Woodward will not be able to turn a blind eye.

Yakuza_devils

Reminder to match going fans. This coming home game sing louder "Woodward out song" with him in attendance!

This clown haven't even sign a reinforcement for the team even though we are short of quality player since beginning of the season.

Is this no value in the market again?

Rolaholic

#SackWoodward has been trending worldwide all day, currently the#4 most trending topic at the moment

I wonder if he'll brag about that during next quarter investors conference call given how much he loves highlighting the clubs social media impressions/stats... :lol:

Crashoutcassius

Yeah but in the last few years we have spent net as much as anyone bar oil clubs and have the largest wage bill. As I said we are still feeling some sting from paying interest years ago but that factor is largely gone, and yes we can spend more but we already have the world's second largest wage bill and all of the leagues best paid players why is the spending seen as the blocker in the last 5 years instead of it being how the money was spent

Suedesi

#SackWoodward has been trending worldwide all day, currently the#4 most trending topic at the moment

I wonder if he'll brag about that during next quarter investors conference call given how much he loves highlighting the clubs social media impressions/stats... :lol:
What's the ownership threshold for participating on the investor calls? I mean, as long as you register and own a few shares, could you ask a question during the quarterly meeting presentations? Or do you have to be associated with the big Wall Street brokerages?

Godfather

All good and well but not enough. We need some boycotts of games. Enter late or at least banners and chants. Get that clown out. As for the Glazers: unless the Saudis buy us we won't get rid of them

UnitedFan93

Yeah but in the last few years we have spent net as much as anyone bar oil clubs and have the largest wage bill. As I said we are still feeling some sting from paying interest years ago but that factor is largely gone, and yes we can spend more but we already have the world's second largest wage bill and all of the leagues best paid players why is the spending seen as the blocker in the last 5 years instead of it being how the money was spent
The overall investment hasn't been enough in both players and infrastructure. Yes we've had a higher net spend than most clubs, but other clubs are investing in other areas of the club as well. Look at what Liverpool have done, they've spent a lot, signed the right players and have also invested tons of money in Anfield and a brand new training ground. What plans do the Glazers have? I'm pretty sure they don't have any!

Crashoutcassius

The overall investment hasn't been enough in both players and infrastructure. Yes we've had a higher net spend than most clubs, but other clubs are investing in other areas of the club as well. Look at what Liverpool have done, they've spent a lot, signed the right players and have also invested tons of money in Anfield and a brand new training ground. What plans do the Glazers have? I'm pretty sure they don't have any!
I'd say stadium and training renovations have very little impact on pitch performance , the main point remains that the level of investment is enough for us to be successful and we haven't been so Woodward needs swapping out urgently

romufc

if its one of those nights we cant break down a stubborn team ( now minus Rashford) yeah it will be grim
Add to that they are a very physical team, some of our players don't really enjoy that battle.

Although Fred has done well recently, him, Perreira, Matic and Mata will definitely not enjoy this.

Slysi17

What the heck has happened to this rumour of the Saudis buying Manchester United. There was a big rumour a wee while ago but it seems to have gone quiet. I am so fed up and heartbroken that I would even accept the Saudis taking over.

Alabaster Codify7

I think part of the apathy from a large section of our fanbase comes from a strange place, it's something I've been thinking about lately. My non-United mates cannot understand how the United fanbase are so apathetic and accepting of such a steady yet visible decline/regression.

I'm 37. If you remove the first few years at the beginning of my 'fandom' and the years from 2013, I have mainly witnessed glory days at United, I have no problem admitting that.

I think for a lot of fans within my general age-group, there's this sub-conscious, almost masochistic thought process that says they need to witness bad times at United, to prove to other fans that they are 'a real fan'. They need to suffer to prove to rival fans that they are not glory hunters, so they're accepting of this regression as a sort of 'rite of passage'.

WelshManc

The Glazers don't give a shit about us or the club, we've banged on about wanting them out since they took over and in 15 years nothing has changed apart from even more money going into their pockets.

Infra-red

What the heck has happened to this rumour of the Saudis buying Manchester United. There was a big rumour a wee while ago but it seems to have gone quiet. I am so fed up and heartbroken that I would even accept the Saudis taking over.
The Glazers presumably said "no", or suggested an asking price so steep, that the Saudis walked away. There were reports in the immediate aftermath suggesting that they (the Saudis) had given up and were turning their attentions elsewhere.

Don't think it will happen, thankfully.

Dr. StrangeHate

Lovely stuff

Well our financial statements show that we might be left behind by Liverpool and City in the future if we continue along this path.

With our current manager and current squad we are unlikely to reach top 4 this season. So the choice for Woodward is simple:
  • Hire a new manager who can get this squad to top 4. or
  • Get a few transfers in that can get us top 4.

My bet is he does neither and we lose out on more CL money, further sliding to mediocrity.

Fosu-Mens

Well our financial statements show that we might be left behind by Liverpool and City in the future if we continue along this path.

With our current manager and current squad we are unlikely to reach top 4 this season. So the choice for Woodward is simple:
  • Hire a new manager who can get this squad to top 4. or
  • Get a few transfers in that can get us top 4.

My bet is he does neither and we lose out on more CL money, further sliding to mediocrity.
Reduce the wage bill.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Those with the capacity for contextual thinking all knew the Glazers would be horrendous for the club. It's bothersome that some defend them (and Ed) but that's a waste of energy to engage with. The most tragic thing about all of this is that no one with a major platform connected to the club has done anything about it, not organised anything, not even voiced serious criticism, until now that it's turned out so bad we're on route to having our worst points tally in the league for 30 years, with a wage bill befitting a world class side. And a manager who praises the structure and the board. And then finally we see United people talking a little about Woodward. He is the tip of the fecking iceberg. An inept incompetent idiot, but an extension of those inbred cnuts nonetheless.

Imagine one ex player coming out and saying the Glazers are a fecking virus and have done nothing but ruin the club. The authorities need to change the laws with regards to club ownership, ensuring competence. In the meantime, the supporters have to unite against them at whatever cost.

Why don't they? Is it all about making sure you ensure your income?
Regarding the post point, I’d agree. However, the focus on them quickly disappeared. They spent a bit of money and people were relatively happy with them. It was only post Ronaldo when questions were being asked again. Even then, the focus was too blurred

Regarding the 2nd point, I’d argue that given my point above, why should they? If fans, the true gatekeepers of the clubs soul, were seemingly content with them for so long why should players (who in many cases their relationship lasts as long as they play for us) believe in anything different.

Also if Lukaku/Sanchez/Di Maria (or any of those other expensive “flops”) came out and criticised them, people would accuse them of being bitter etc

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Lovely stuff

There are so few shares in circulation that this is bull. Low volume equals high volatility. There are so many reasons why the price could have moved in that direction and Woodward might not be one.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Regarding the post point, I’d agree. However, the focus on them quickly disappeared. They spent a bit of money and people were relatively happy with them. It was only post Ronaldo when questions were being asked again. Even then, the focus was too blurred

Regarding the 2nd point, I’d argue that given my point above, why should they? If fans, the true gatekeepers of the clubs soul, were seemingly content with them for so long why should players (who in many cases their relationship lasts as long as they play for us) believe in anything different.

Also if Lukaku/Sanchez/Di Maria (or any of those other expensive “flops”) came out and criticised them, people would accuse them of being bitter etc
Yeah, I was definitely not thinking about recent ex-players bought during the post-SAF era, but some of the actual club legends. Big ask I suppose, but if just one of them did, he'd be instantly adored and the others would look sheepish.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
We are Manchester United not feckin Hearts
Observation ✔

It's a crisis in the grand scheme of things. From where we were to how far we have sunk in 7 years is frankly staggering.
We've won three trophies(albeit lesser ones)in those 7 years which is more than some of the biggest clubs in Europe have won in the last 20 years, now if we went 7 without winning a trophy ....