Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
It's a relative word.
I don't think we are in crisis but people that do have a point. We are on a road to nowhere.
I know - it's a bit like when people say they're starving when they haven't eaten for 5 hours when they know full well(pun, not bun intended)there's people out there who haven't eaten for 5 days!

Sneaking into the top 3/4, or a cup win and we're back on the road again, surely?

AneRu

We have spent lots of money, not really an issue with owners, issue with actual club management

Obviously when we had heavy interest payments there was an issue with owners and has impacted us to this day... but last few seasons the issue has simply been woodwards inability to run football side of the club, with all the money he has been given to do it.

One of the largest wage bills in the world, one of the largest expenditures... honestly if i was the owner i wouldn't give more money to woodward at the same rate... but i would also replace him
After SAF's retirement I think the owners have allowed enough funds to be invested into the team in transfer fees and wages. We can't really blame them on that front.

Where they have failed is in giving Woodward free reign to ru. the club down and have not held him accountable. You can't invest the amounts we have invested and fail to mount even a single serious title challenge in seven years.

If they can bring themselves to fire Woodward, I think they can't because he is the one person who they trust with the club's financial strategy in the long term, then they have to bring in a top class and proven DOF to drive the football strategy.

AneRu

Please do not fall for 'tons of money spent'. Yes we've spent hundreds of millions, but alot of that money has been recycled from player sales (the Lukaku sale pretty much paid for Maguire for example).

United should be spending more given our revenues and at the same time making long term investments in Old Trafford and the training ground. Unfortunately when we're half a billion in debt (thanks to the Glazers) and have had a billion taken from the club (thanks to the Glazers), long term investments are not going to happen. Hence why we are falling behind in terms of infrastructure also.

We've spent more on debt than we have on transfers since the Glazers took over!
All those things are correct but over £500m net spend in six seasons should be enough to build a competitive side. I am not saying things like infrastructure, academy and more money on transfers aren't great but the fact remains that the money that has been wasted by Woodward, Mourinho and Van Gaal should have done more.

Generally the Glazers hold the club back but any club that's run as a business will have budgetary limitations and we are so big that those shouldn't matter to us if we have the right people in place. That has been our Achilles Heel, getting the right people in place - we have Woodward's College mate as our Chief Negotiator ffs.

I think getting rid of the Glazers should be our long term battle objective but in the immediate we can put pressure on Woodward for him to feck off or at least urgently address the underlying issues that are leading to so much waste at the club.

In my opinion the football side is virtually rotten because players like Di Maria, Sanchez, Pogba, Lukaku, Martial, Depay, Mkhitaryan etc shouldn't all flop. Is it the coaching, the culture or the sports science but players are coming in and dropping their levels far too often for it to be just wasting money on flops.

Crashoutcassius

After SAF's retirement I think the owners have allowed enough funds to be invested into the team in transfer fees and wages. We can't really blame them on that front.

Where they have failed is in giving Woodward free reign to ru. the club down and have not held him accountable. You can't invest the amounts we have invested and fail to mount even a single serious title challenge in seven years.

If they can bring themselves to fire Woodward, I think they can't because he is the one person who they trust with the club's financial strategy in the long term, then they have to bring in a top class and proven DOF to drive the football strategy.
Totally agree

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There's something brewing guys. Fan anger manifested itself the other day when we were winning 4-0 ffs. Since then we've cocked up the Bruno deal again it seems, lost Rashford through sheer neglect and overplaying him due to having a shocking a squad and we got beat by the dippers. Tomorrow night could be an uncomfortable one for Ed Woodforahead. Twat!

red thru&thru

There's something brewing guys. Fan anger manifested itself the other day when we were winning 4-0 ffs. Since then we've cocked up the Bruno deal again it seems, lost Rashford through sheer neglect and overplaying him due to having a shocking a squad and we got beat by the dippers. Tomorrow night could be an uncomfortable one for Ed Woodforahead. Twat!
Definitely something brewing. Guess it will all become clearer in summer.

UnitedFan93

I'd say stadium and training renovations have very little impact on pitch performance , the main point remains that the level of investment is enough for us to be successful and we haven't been so Woodward needs swapping out urgently
A valid point and I agree.

However, regarding money spent, I'm talking about overall investment in the football club not just money spent on signings. There is more to investment than just throwing money at the likes of Pogba, Di Maria and Lukaku for example. The reality is that Old Trafford has been neglected as all the money has been 'invested' on worthless debt and panic buy signings.

Ultimately the Glazers are the head of the organisation. They are solely responsible for the mess we find ourselves in. They are responsible for Woodward, for a lack of a football strategy, for failed signings and appointments, and for the vast sum of money already taken out and still to be taken out.

When they took over 15 years ago Manchester United had the best of everything, including a modern stadium. Can we still say that today? They deserve no plaudits whatsoever.

red thru&thru

Imo, stadium improvements have probably hampered by the on field failures. ed has blown away a lot of capital.

Like I've said before, Glazer's main expertise is real estate, I'm sure they would have had some plans for OT...especially with all the land purchase around OT.

Fosu-Mens

Definitely something brewing. Guess it will all become clearer in summer.
Hopefully, but...

They (the board will allow Woodward and the Club) will sign Bruno and or Cavani this window especially if there is a bad result against Burnley and noise from the fans during the match.
When we play like sh*t for the rest of the season and the fans starting to show some impatience again, they will sack OGS and appoint someone famous (Allegri, I hope not, or Pochettino if they manage to trick him to sign).

Sound familiar?

The club (Board --> Woody) will only act when the fans are on the brink of revolt. LVG, Mourinho...

red thru&thru

Hopefully, but...

They (the board will allow Woodward and the Club) will sign Bruno and or Cavani this window especially if there is a bad result against Burnley and noise from the fans during the match.
When we play like sh*t for the rest of the season and the fans starting to show some impatience again, they will sack OGS and appoint someone famous (Allegri, I hope not, or Pochettino if they manage to trick him to sign).

Sound familiar?

The club (Board --> Woody) will only act when the fans are on the brink of revolt. LVG, Mourinho...
I meant more ownership level changes. They need to be sorted out first and foremost and then will be probably see changes that will effect the on the pitch results.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
I meant more ownership level changes. They need to be sorted out first and foremost and then will be probably see changes that will effect the on the pitch results.
Agree, Ole is not the problem, he is not the solution either. The problem is that the owners are only after the cash. The football side of things is not important, We can still sell shirts without winning anything as Woodward himself said. If football mattered then Woodward would be already sacked after the Fellaini fiasco. The future under the Glazers would look something like this in my opinion.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
As toxic as the Arsenal fans have been, it hasn't even registered a blip on the Kroenkes radar in the USA. The one case where it made a difference was when the Kop turned on the American owners in the late 00s.

American ownership has been the biggest blight on European football since it started and unfortunately the leaches won't leave unless the league wide popularity tanks, which isn't anytime soon.

Zlatattack

If fans really want to see the Glazers gone we have to hit them commercially and in the media.

Protests at games, don't renew season tickets, cancel MUTV, boycotting merchandise. Protests inside and outside the stadium on match days.

This needs to be a widespread sustained campaign - even bigger than Newcastle fans and Mike Ashley.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
If fans really want to see the Glazers gone we have to hit them commercially and in the media.

Protests at games, don't renew season tickets, cancel MUTV, boycotting merchandise. Protests inside and outside the stadium on match days.

This needs to be a widespread sustained campaign - even bigger than Newcastle fans and Mike Ashley.
Exactly, and let any sponsor know that you are boycotting their products as long as they sponsor the current United

Zlatattack

Exactly, and let any sponsor know that you are boycotting their products as long as they sponsor the current United
I'd even go as far as to say don't watch United games on TV, unless it's in a pub or a dodgy stream. They have to feel the pinch in thier pocket.

fergiesarmy1

Wouldn’t be surprised if they announce Bruno before the game tomorrow. Been a united tactic of the past when tensions are rising.

Obviously still a shitshow and not enough but will take the edge off the any potential protests for some.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
The fact is that Manchester United has been taken over by a mafia type of group who are taking all the money from the club, so the simple solution is to stop supporting the club until things change. That is very easy to do. If the cash stops coming in they will need to sell and move on. To milk some other business

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
Wouldn’t be surprised if they announce Bruno before the game tomorrow. Been a united tactic of the past when tensions are rising.

Obviously still a shitshow and not enough but will take the edge off the any potential protests for some.
It should not take the edge off of any transfer or protest, we will be back to the same shit in the summer with us being linked with every player available and also some not available and will probably end up with a loan of a midfielder. Bruno Fernandes is becoming more like an alien version of Coronation street with every day that passes. United have added extras to the deal for Fernandes that Sporting do not see as being realistic, like he wins the Ballon Dor or United win the champions league, or Bruno wins the Eurovision song contest or the Grand national. for f..k sake what have we become?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Looking forward to the match tomorrow simply to hear what the fans will be singing. Feck these parasites in charge of our beloved club.

fergiesarmy1

It should not take the edge off of any transfer or protest, we will be back to the same shit in the summer with us being linked with every player available and also some not available and will probably end up with a loan of a midfielder. Bruno Fernandes is becoming more like an alien version of Coronation street with every day that passes. United have added extras to the deal for Fernandes that Sporting do not see as being realistic, like he wins the Ballon Dor or United win the champions league, or Bruno wins the Eurovision song contest or the Grand national. for f..k sake what have we become?
Agreed just saying that it wouldn’t surprise me, I’d call it around 6pm as well just as people start meeting in pubs etc.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
The club have spent a lot on players since Ferguson left.

The club have also recouped a lot but this is because the signings haven’t worked out.

The club have also invested a disproportionate amount in salaries.

This is frustrating but shows that the Glazers
are willing to spend money and the issue has been a shortsighted transfer strategy. The more bad decisions that are made the worse it gets and becomes harder to attract players so we have to throw more money at it.

Ole (with Woodward and co) is currently in the process of resetting this cycle, moving out the players that are overpaid and underperforming (Sanchez, Lukaku, next Pogba) and replacing them with players that want to represent Manchester United.

Fans are getting frustrated that we aren’t buying Fernandes but it is clear that he’s not really a priority for Ole. It is a lot easier to believe that there is a plan than believe that there isn’t and it seems very likely that the plan involves bringing in some specific players that aren’t currently available but that the club feel are likely to be (or know will be) available in summer, I don’t know who these are but Sancho, Grealish and Maddison all seem like strong candidates.

Buy Fernandes now and we’re repeating the same mistakes, paying too much in fee and salary for a player that isn’t ideal and either blocks the transfer Ole wanted to complete or becomes expensive deadwood when the right players are bought. This is why there is talk of loan deals.

Haaland would have been excellent and we were no doubt in for him but the club were right not to entertain a deal that included a low buyout.

Ole loves the club and wouldn’t be party to anything that was harmful. He’s acting in the interests of the club (and Woodward is backing his strategy) and he’s taking a lot of flack for it. He deserves our trust and support into the summer window at least.

Last edited:

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
The club have spent a lot on players since Ferguson left.

The club have also recouped a lot but this is because the signings haven’t worked out.

The club have also invested a disproportionate amount in salaries.

This is frustrating but shows that the Glazers
are willing to spend money and the issue has been a shortsighted transfer strategy. The more bad decisions that are made the worse it gets and becomes harder to attract players so we have to throw more money at it.

Ole (with Woodward and co) is currently in the process of resetting this cycle, moving out the players that are overpaid and underperforming (Sanchez, Lukaku, next Pogba) and replacing them with players that want to represent Manchester United.

Fans are getting frustrated that we aren’t buying Fernandes but it is clear that he’s not really a priority for Ole. It is a lot easier to believe that there is a plan than believe that there isn’t and it seems very likely that the plan involves bringing in some specific players that aren’t currently available but that the club feel are likely to be (or know will be) available in summer, I don’t know who these are but Sancho, Grealish and Maddison all seem like strong candidates.

Buy Fernandes now and we’re repeating the same mistakes, paying too much in fee and salary for a player that isn’t ideal and either blocks the transfer Ole wanted to complete or becomes expensive deadwood when the right players are bought. This is why there is talk of loan deals.

Haaland would have been excellent and we were no punt in for him but the club were right not to entertain a deal that included a low buyout.

Ole loves the club and wouldn’t be party to anything that was harmful. He’s acting in the interests of the club (and Woodward is backing his strategy) and he’s taking a lot of flack for it. He deserves our trust and support into the summer window at least.
Ole is just a quiet guy that will cuddle up to the Glazers, the same assholes that have overseen our demise from one of the best clubs in the World, to a joke. I do not disagree that Ole loves the club, the problem is that the people above him have no interest in success on the pitch. They only care about the cash they make. The club has no ambition under the current owners so they need to be removed.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Ole is just a quiet guy that will cuddle up to the Glazers, the same assholes that have overseen our demise from one of the best clubs in the World, to a joke. I do not disagree that Ole loves the club, the problem is that the people above him have no interest in success on the pitch. They only care about the cash they make. The club has no ambition under the current owners so they need to be removed.
Based on what? On the one hand you say no ambition and then on the other criticise that we have the highest wage bill in the land! The issue has been lack of direction and that is what ole is now bringing to the club.what would you have them do..?

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
Based on what? On the one hand you say no ambition and then on the other criticise that we have the highest wage bill in the land! The issue has been lack of direction and that is what ole is now bringing to the club.what would you have them do..?
The club has been hijacked, this is not Manchester United. this is just a money generating adventure of the Glazers. These Glazer guys seen an oppurtunity and took it

Heinzesight

Said it before. Don’t go to your seat for the first 20 minutes. On 20 minutes everyone into their seats singing Glazers/Woodward out. It would get media attention. Won’t happen tomorrow but needs to happen at a home game soon.

red thru&thru

Well Ed won't sack himself at the moment, he is a shareholder of about £10m shares and on the board, who has decision making power.

But yes, this movement is great. The club needs to know the clubs frustrations. But apparently there's already movement happening. From 6 controlling siblings, it's going down to two, Avram and Joel. Joel being the main person. Let's see hey.