Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Crustanoid

Does anyone actually still defend him? Or believe him? How the Glazers can prioritise sanctioning money to pay Ashton to brief Ed on such complex statements is baffling.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Does anyone actually still defend him? Or believe him? How the Glazers can prioritise sanctioning money to pay Ashton to brief Ed on such complex statements is baffling.
No they don't. Did you not notice how little the fan base engaged with the recent press release on ensuring this coming summer transfer window is a good one. It has all been heard before at this stage.

Only way Woodward turns this around is if somehow he proves a lot of people wrong with sticking with Ole as manager and the club does return to success. How likely do you think that is?

red thru&thru

No they don't. Did you not notice how little the fan base engaged with the recent press release on ensuring this coming summer transfer window is a good one. It has all been heard before at this stage.

Only way Woodward turns this around is if somehow he proves a lot of people wrong with sticking with Ole as manager and the club does return to success. How likely do you think that is?
Good point. Not many fans reacted to his piece in ESPN.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I know. I thought him hiring a Spin Doctor was admittance that every time he opens his mouth he's inviting mockery, but clearly not.
He wasn't brought in as a Spin Doctor for Ed though as much as you want to believe it, his job over time is to make sure enough of the positive press gets out there where currently it's well hidden or not reported at all, and only the negative often made-up stuff stuff gets out, as you may well have noticed!

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
What is putting off investors/buyers is we need 200 million Pounds to repair Old Trafford and we would need to find alternative ground until the repair is done.
The damage has been truly done.
When these parasites are gone there will be nothing left.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/potential-man-utd-buyers-put-21494133
Why would United need an alternative stadium?

The SAF stand was built without having to move out, and when the quadrants were done, or when the Stretford End was flattened there wasn't any need.

Last edited:

red thru&thru

Ed is a goon. One of my mates is talking to a ex United player, at Chelsea game today, and said Ed messed up interview with Paul Mitchell. Mitchell did a really good presentation etc but all Ed could talk about was shirt sales.

Aaaarghhhh

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ed is a goon. One of my mates is talking to a ex United player, at Chelsea game today, and said Ed messed up interview with Paul Mitchell. Mitchell did a really good presentation etc but all Ed could talk about was shirt sales.

Aaaarghhhh
How would the player know that?

red thru&thru

How would the player know that?
I'm sure people know things, especially people have close connections to the club. But we.were linked very heavily with Mitchell before he took up his new role with RB. Annoying. Imo, if he and Rangnick were to be secured, we could get back to glory days.

Cassidy

I'm sure people know things, especially people have close connections to the club. But we.were linked very heavily with Mitchell before he took up his new role with RB. Annoying. Imo, if he and Rangnick were to be secured, we could get back to glory days.
I seriously doubt we wanted to hire a DOF

red thru&thru

I seriously doubt we wanted to hire a DOF
I just refuse to believe someone like Ed, who obviously is a clever guy, could have wanted things to go as they are and would have interviewed people. But yea, you never know with Ed.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Aaaarghhhh
I doubt Ed was talking about shirt sales with a potential DoF.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

What is this twat's obsession with the amount of players we're linked to?

Seven Seas Sardines

In other words we can look forward to one or maximum two big signings, with maybe a 16-year-old 6th choice goalkeeper as a bonus.

I have a feeling we might end up with Sancho and Dembele, and that the positions of Upamecano, Telles, Partey and Grealish will be ignored.

Last edited:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Particularly baffling because it's so easy to have people from the club "leak" transfer related info at the drop of a hat, completely irrelevant, however is clearly being used as a metric to display how much engagement occurs online due to that shit.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
'Disciplined'. Relatively transparent corporate speak for 1 or 2 players, which should be enough to kill the '6 incomings, who will they be?' thread. We all know it won't though.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

It's a nod to "most talked about club" and winning social media. I think.

He now seems convinced we're going in the right direction, without really taking ownership of having squandered hundreds of millions of pounds on acquisitions and - even more worrying - wages. The "mess" Ole is meant to fix with the "cultural reboot" is not Jose's or Louis' or Moyes', it's Woodward's and his "transfer team's". And Woodward is guiding it.

Alabaster Codify7

It's a shameless 'look at us' comment towards the shareholders and sponsors - "it doesnt matter how shite we are look at how much attention we get from the media - its definitely worth working with us." It's all he, and the board, care about.

In other words we can look forward to one or maximum two big signings, with maybe a 16-year-old 6th choice goalkeeper as a bonus.

I have a feeling we might end up with Sancho and Dembele, and that the positions of Upamecano, Telles, Partey and Grealish will be ignored.
This guy gets it. There are no 6 incomings, it's going to be another copy of the previous two summer windows - 3 x signings, one of whom will be a kid/squad player. Only certain types of managers will be happy to accept such limited reinforcements during a supposed major rebuild, and Ole is one of them. The exact reason he was hired. A lot of fans will still go into the summer expecting big things though, zero critical thinking.

crossy1686

career ending
'Disciplined'. Relatively transparent corporate speak for 1 or 2 players, which should be enough to kill the '6 incomings, who will they be?' thread. We all know it won't though.
I mean, if the two are Sancho and Grealish does it really matter?

Don't know why people are getting upset about things that haven't happened yet...

Eckers99

I mean, if the two are Sancho and Grealish does it really matter?

Don't know why people are getting upset about things that haven't happened yet...
I was making a point about the stupidity of that particular thread, not the principle. I'm totally on-board with 2 quality signings and think that the right players would be enough for us to challenge again.

crossy1686

career ending
I was making a point about the stupidity of that particular thread, not the principle. I'm totally on-board with 2 quality signings and think that the right players would be enough for us to challenge again.
Agreed. Rome wasn’t built in a day and as long as we’re making progress and there’s a long term plan, I’m happy with two solid signings.

No club has made 6 solid signings in one window. Unrealistic to think that it’s achievable in a recruitment and a business sense.

red thru&thru

Media interactions generates money for the club. So when people say media unrest amongst fans doesn't work, they're incorrect.

Cassidy

Hopefully it is just the perception being put out the to the market, rather than the "we can buy anyone for any price" rubbish he was spouting before which had clubs ready to rip us off.

Eckers99

Hopefully it is just the perception being put out the to the market, rather than the "we can buy anyone for any price" rubbish he was spouting before which had clubs ready to rip us off.
That might be a byproduct of the statement but I think it's largely genuine and, as I've said above, if it's the right 2 players (ie Sancho and Grealish) I'd be more than satisfied. We're genuinely not that far off and need quality over quantity.

Cassidy

That might be a byproduct of the statement but I think it's largely genuine and, as I've said above, if it's the right 2 players (ie Sancho and Grealish) I'd be more than satisfied. We're genuinely not that far off and need quality over quantity.
Go another summer and not bringing in another striker, I doubt that.