#GlazersOut

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I don’t like the Glazers but you could have built a title winning side with half the money we’ve spent over the last few years. It’s that clown Woodward in charge of it who needs to feck off BAE.

Fosu-Mens

Suppose it will depend on if the club stays profitable and not sure how it won't. Fans will still buy the shirts because they can't help themselves. How do you co-ordinate a shirt boycott, when your fans are all over the world? The fans will mostly still come to OT and follow them away from home. The TV money will still come in for now and we will get shown a lot, because we have a lot of fans. The only way is not buy stuff from the store, not buy food etc in the stadium, don't buy hospitality packages, don't go on stadium tours. Then there is their TV channel.
Yeah. New TV deal for EPL. Could become even more valuable. Then again, i think we have somewhat saturated the amount we can churn out from the commercial side, and if they sell the naming rights to OT or increased the ticket prizes, then the spark needed to ignite the fans anger and uniting them will be there, so this will not be an option.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeah. New TV deal for EPL. Could become even more valuable. Then again, i think we have somewhat saturated the amount we can churn out from the commercial side, and if they sell the naming rights to OT or increased the ticket prizes, then the spark needed to ignite the fans anger and uniting them will be there, so this will not be an option.
The one way they might suffer is if we don't win anything for a long time and it affects the value of the sponsorship deals and ultimately the value of the club. Which is an option that isn't very palatable.

Pav1878

Typical responses from some of our fanbase.

Can never pull together, whereas when Liverpool had shite owners in Hicks and Gillette there was a united front to oust them and along came Henry who has been great for them, not just in terms of investment but in terms of the infrastructure and who he has hired to run the club and oversee transfers etc.

Manchester United, in name only it seems.

Things won't change until we get the owners and Ed out.

SaintMuppet

I’d love to see them out....

However, Im really concerned about who would replace them. I’m not at all sold on the Saudi talk.

Perhaps the caf could have a whipround???

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The one way they might suffer is if we don't win anything for a long time and it affects the value of the sponsorship deals and ultimately the value of the club. Which is an option that isn't very palatable.
We havent won anything of note in a long time. 6 years and no sign of sponsors dropping off , in fact its the opposite.

Empty stadium and megastores is the only way

RedDevilRoshi

Just feel like we have been here all before with the Green & Good LUHG and unfollow United campaign.

Take nothing away, I really want those viruses out of our club but what makes this campaign any different to those two previous protests that ended with nothing?

I just think the Glazers are looking at this and laughing their backsides off. Ed the puppet is making them money and that’s all that matters.

Red00012

This will go as well as unfollow Utd , that really showed them.

DomesticTadpole

We havent won anything of note in a long time. 6 years and no sign of sponsors dropping off , in fact its the opposite.

Empty stadium and megastores is the only way
The EL got us back into the CL, the cups is TV coverage round the world, so still keeps us in the media spotlight. Shirt sales might have an effect, I know we have already had the money, but Adidas want their money back. Ed has always said ticket sales don't matter in the big scheme of things. Now if people did not show, it would not look great regarding TV pictures round the world.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
15 years too late but better late than never I suppose. Not that any of those goblins will care about hashtags.

DomesticTadpole

Just feel like we have been here all before with the Green & Good LUHG and unfollow United campaign.

Take nothing away, I really want those viruses out of our club but what makes this campaign any different to those two previous protests that ended with nothing?

I just think the Glazers are looking at this and laughing their backsides off. Ed the puppet is making them money and that’s all that matters.
Relegation it is then. That will show them. Championship TV deal rather than PL. :nervous::nervous::(

FreakyJim

I think if we miss out on CL two years in a row our deal with Adidas suffers, or something, like 25% reduction was it?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Glazers and Woodward need to be slung out.

Going to take more than a silly little twitter thing to make it happen though.

Moriarty

The EL got us back into the CL, the cups is TV coverage round the world, so still keeps us in the media spotlight. Shirt sales might have an effect, I know we have already had the money, but Adidas want their money back. Ed has always said ticket sales don't matter in the big scheme of things. Now if people did not show, it would not look great regarding TV pictures round the world.
If there were huge demos outside the ground on match days, that might do some good. Crowds of anti-Glazer fans baying would no doubt get coverage on the telly.

DomesticTadpole

I think if we miss out on CL two years in a row our deal with Adidas suffers, or something, like 25% reduction was it?
Think they will still just take their dividends out of the club and just make it that there is less and less money to spend. They won't suffer for it.

DomesticTadpole

If there were huge demos outside the ground on match days, that might do some good. Crowds of anti-Glazer fans baying would no doubt get coverage on the telly.
Do you feel like we have been here before, a few times. They are still here, yet the team is getting no better.

FreakyJim

I really doubt the Glazers consider United supporters people and/or care what we think. We're just tiny walking ATMs, part of the "profit", and with the ever increasing TV and commercial deals, not even a significant part of the profit.

Moriarty

Do you feel like we have been here before, a few times. They are still here, yet the team is getting no better.
Yep. Green & Gold was happening when Fergie and Gill were still there and that took the sting out of it. Now they're no longer in charge, a concerted effort by fans might be more effective. We'll never know unless we try.

George The Best

They can’t simply walk away whatever action is taken. We’ve got to find a bloody buyer to stomp up £4 billion. It’s not a game of Monopoly!

Fergie's gum

The only way they will feel any sort of pressure is if the sponsors start complaining. That'll happen if their products are associated with failure, and more importantly if there is a boycott of their products by the fans they are trying to appeal to. If you're going to attend the games that's fine, support the team, but take a stand. Boycott the sponsors, the Megastore, and the canteens in the stadium. Unsubscribe from MUTV, delete the app, and unfollow. Otherwise we're just the Arsenal of the north west, complaining but complying.

U-N-I-T-E-D

I think it needs more than a hashtag - while I applaud the thought behind it, it will literally have zero affect.

There needs to be protests outside the entrances to the executive boxes so the companies paying thousands for them don’t enjoy their experience.

There needs to be protests outside the shop so that people can’t enter or leave. There would need to be an increased police presence at the games which will mean a hike in policing prices.

There needs to be a protest during a televised game, something like a pitch invasion or throwing tennis balls into the pitch like they did at Blackpool.

Maybe MUST or the like need to seek backing from ex players that share the view that the club is going downhill.

C'est Moi Cantona

People are definitely turning on them, only thing that can save them now are some stellar signings, if not then Ole has no chance and the fans know it, so he isn't going to be some sort of scapegoat for them this time around.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can you imagine what Real Madrid fans would have done had they had our last 6 years? They kick off even when they win stuff. There would have been death threats, riots, the lot.

Not advocating for any of that criminal stuff but we've taken our demise with our pants round our ankles. Damage has been done now. Huge debt and interest payments and valued so high we aren't an attractive proposal to buyers.

tjb

Not sure the glazers are the cause of our problemhs, just easy scapegoats. We have clearly foundb it difficult to transition from the structure we had when sir alex was the manager. No other managers have been able to handle the level of power and leeway the club has given them, a feature i think will change in the not so distant future.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Not sure the glazers are the cause of our problemhs, just easy scapegoats. We have clearly foundb it difficult to transition from the structure we had when sir alex was the manager. No other managers have been able to handle the level of power and leeway the club has given them, a feature i think will change in the not so distant future.
You're not sure yet?! :lol:

gaucho_10

You people need a reality check.

Your club is nr. 2 on the list in net spending looking at last 5 seasons combined on transfermarkt.

In: 911 mil €
Out: 276 mil €
Net spend: 635 mil €

The only club that spent more is City and PSG is third on that list.

Your owners might be leaches, but they are not holding out when it comes to transfer money. Every step you have done after SAF left was the wrong one. Wrong managers, wrong players, panic buys, getting in bed with the likes of Mendes and Raiola on their terms, extending contracts to players that just can not compete on the required level any more.

All of that is not the Glazers, it's a system or lack of it at the club's management level.