#GlazersOut

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Which ever way you prefer to cut it, the Glazers have drained over £1,000,000,000 from our club, while overseeing a massive decline in the playing squad.

Those who seem happy for us to be shafted like this(other than oppo fans) need to try harder to explain why, because I just can't seem to find any gratitude towards them.
Yeah, that a massive amount of money. It's our underinvestment under SAF that lead to us to playing catch up in a overinflated market and we failed. Now the Glazers don't even seem interested in catching up. Anyone would be laughing their asses off if in 2013 if someone said that in 2019 we would still be struggling to break into the top 4. Now after an underwhelming transfer window last summer, we have yet again a underwhelming transfer window this summer and an unproven manager. It's tragic how low we have fallen.

red thru&thru

It's not just about the signings. It's the lack of investment in OT as well.

Even Everton have unveiled plans for their stadium. Villa are out spending us in terms of transfers. We're just a joke.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I still fail to understand how anyone can defend the Glazers. It's just mental to me. And I also cannot understand why people want to sh*t all over the #glazersout campaign, I still hold you'd have to be an absolute ballbag to do that.

The #glazersout campaign is extremely unlikely to succeed, that is obvious. The Glazers are entrenched and immune to any takeover but it doesn't necessarily matter. UKIP (not that I'm by any means a UKIP voter!) aren't going to get into government but it doesn't stop them exerting massive influence on government. Similarly, Glazers and Woodward need to be reminded that the majority of the fans can't stand them for their leeching, parasitic LBO and ownership and find it intolerable that what was once the richest club in world football now consistently finishes 4th to 6th and a huge chunk of the clubs revenues was used to service the debt of the LBO. The Tampa Bay Buccs are a sh*tshow and we are going the same way.

If you want to argue against that because displaying a small amount of investment acumen makes you feel like you're the CFO of Glaxosmithkline, then imo you should feck off to another thread. The facts might not be entirely accurate from the #glazersout campaign but the sentiment is spot on.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I still fail to understand how anyone can defend the Glazers. It's just mental to me. And I also cannot understand why people want to sh*t all over the #glazersout campaign, I still hold you'd have to be an absolute ballbag to do that.

The #glazersout campaign is extremely unlikely to succeed, that is obvious. The Glazers are entrenched and immune to any takeover but it doesn't necessarily matter. UKIP (not that I'm by any means a UKIP voter!) aren't going to get into government but it doesn't stop them exerting massive influence on government. Similarly, Glazers and Woodward need to be reminded that the majority of the fans can't stand them for their leeching, parasitic LBO and ownership and find it intolerable that what was once the richest club in world football now consistently finishes 4th to 6th and a huge chunk of the clubs revenues was used to service the debt of the LBO. The Tampa Bay Buccs are a sh*tshow and we are going the same way.

If you want to argue against that because displaying a small amount of investment acumen makes you feel like you're the CFO of Glaxosmithkline, then imo you should feck off to another thread. The facts might not be entirely accurate from the #glazersout campaign but the sentiment is spot on.
But isn't it amazing how we are still profitable despite loading us with massive amounts of uncessary debt? I for one am looking forward to our 7th season of battling for 6th place while making progress and seeing our steely veterans like Young and Jones getting new contracts.

M Bison

Supports
York City

So what would you realistically like to happen then? Lots of people moaning and whining in this thread but as yet I haven’t read any credible alternative suggestions.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
But isn't it amazing how we are still profitable despite loading us with massive amounts of uncessary debt? I for one am looking forward to our 7th season of battling for 6th place while making progress and seeing our steely veterans like Young and Jones getting new contracts.
That's a great point. I reckon we can still sell noodles and shirts in China for at least another five years too! Future's bright eh?

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
So what would you realistically like to happen then? Lots of people moaning and whining in this thread but as yet I haven’t read any credible alternative suggestions.
Why shouldn't they moan?

There aren't many realistic alternatives owner wise granted. But an annoying #glazersout campaign that spills out onto sponsors and generally disrupts their business to some degree, would at least exert some pressure on the board to focus their strategies around the running of a successful football club and not just a brand to be commercially maxed out.

Feels strange to explain that fans are probably the most important stakeholders in a club regardless of owners. Even if I didn't agree with the #glazersout campaign, I don't see what there is to be gained from trying to derail it. Just so some people can impress us because they know what a class B share is I reckon.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Which ever way you prefer to cut it, the Glazers have drained over £1,000,000,000 from our club, while overseeing a massive decline in the playing squad.

Those who seem happy for us to be shafted like this(other than oppo fans) need to try harder to explain why, because I just can't seem to find any gratitude towards them.
We must be shitting gold at old trafford if a football club that's bought at 1billion, valued at 4bn, spending 400m in the last 5 years and still managed to be drained 1billion by glazer.

Wow thats 6billion.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
We must be shitting gold at old trafford if a football club that's bought at 1billion, valued at 4bn, spending 400m in the last 5 years and still managed to be drained 1billion by glazer.

Wow thats 6billion.
You do realise this makes no sense whatsoever?

Keefy18

Wow thats 6billion.
There's no point trying to reason with anti glazer sorts. It's all rhetoric and cherry picking figures that suit their agenda.

In one sentiment they'll be red with rage over the club not spending enough, ignoring the £1 billion spent on transfers in approx 6 years and the leagues largest wage bill of £330m which increased 46% under Jose's tenure...but they'll keep repeating BS about him not being backed.

The next sentiment you'll see them piss n moan about how stupid we spend and that youth don't get a chance.

In short they want every demand met even if it means directly not addressing the previous demand.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Surely there’ll be some sort of protest should everyone’s fears/expectations be realised and we don’t sign anyone?
There already was one. 20 people showed up.

It's just a very passive fanbase. We could be in 15th next March and Old Trafford would still be full, silent and full of "Can I have your shirt, Pogba?" cardboard signs that the Dads probably made but are making their sons hold.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

It's just a very passive fanbase. We could be in 15th next March and Old Trafford would still be full, silent and full of "Can I have your shirt, Pogba?" cardboard signs that the Dads probably made but are making their sons hold.
We are not a passive fan base at all. The issue is the current protests are not coming from a logical or coherent place. There are plenty things wrong with the Glazers. But instead of focusing on them sneakily raising match ticket prices or their inability to communicate with the fan base, people complain too much about lack of signings and “even villa have spent more than us”

Keefy18

We are not a passive fan base at all. The issue is the current protests are not coming from a logical or coherent place. There are plenty things wrong with the Glazers. But instead of focusing on them sneakily raising match ticket prices or their inability to communicate with the fan base, people complain too much about lack of signings and “even villa have spent more than us”
Someone needs to create a "Why didn't we sign Tyrone Mings" protest banner!

Josep Dowling

This sort of attitude is why nothing gets done. If fans worked together things can change. Look at Blackpool for example.

The problem with football is too many people are addicted to it and can’t walk away. The fans could make a stand in many forms but no one seems to be arsed to do anything. Even the Glazers out campaign on social media is a very tame effort. It would be a lot better if 70k fans decided to leave games early on mass every week - after all there would be no game without the fans.

Keefy18

Even Everton have unveiled plans for their stadium. Villa are out spending us in terms of transfers. We're just a joke.
Everton have also only spent half of what we have on players.

I don't follow Everton, so I'm not sure if they've upgraded their training facilities like we have? We've done this a few times in recent years for LVG & Jose.

If our managers and players started performing better and we didn't have to continually invest so heavily in the side to improve it then perhaps there would those funds could be diverted towards stadium improvements.

Josep Dowling

Wow thats 6billion.
My only issue with saying the Glazers have drained one billion from the club is the assumption another owner wouldn’t do this. Any club owner is going to take some form of salary or dividends from the club.

I’m not defending the Glazers at all because they are holding this club with their over reliance on Woodward. We have spent money but we spend it very, very badly and that’s the biggest issue for me. We are trying to learn lessons from this but it’s becoming very difficult in the transfer market.

red thru&thru

Everton have also only spent half of what we have on players.

I don't follow Everton, so I'm not sure if they've upgraded their training facilities like we have? We've done this a few times in recent years for LVG & Jose.

If our managers and players started performing better and we didn't have to continually invest so heavily in the side to improve it then perhaps there would those funds could be diverted towards stadium improvements.
So the lack of progress has been solely on the management and players?

Revan

Assumptionman
My only issue with saying the Glazers have drained one billion from the club is the assumption another owner wouldn’t do this. Any club owner is going to take some form of salary or dividends from the club.

I’m not defending the Glazers at all because they are holding this club with their over reliance on Woodward. We have spent money but we spend it very, very badly and that’s the biggest issue for me. We are trying to learn lessons from this but it’s becoming very difficult in the transfer market.
That isn't the only issue though. The main issue is that they actually haven't drained one billion from the club. Only some mental analysis which doesn't count the money they payed to buy the club, and somehow adds to the 'money drained' the money they added to pay the debt by selling their own stocks, goes close to 1 billion. Don't get me wrong, it is still a massive amount of money, but not 1 billion. Of course other things which always don't get taken into account are 'what would some other owners would have spent' and the fact that Glazers massively increased our commercial revenue which had stagnated during the PLC era (Heck, we had 2 people working on marketing department back then).

Anyway, many of things to blame Glazers, stating from them buying the club in a manner which should not have been allowed, to being quite clueless since SAF left. Money spent is not one of those issues though.

Denis79

So the lack of progress has been solely on the management and players?
Of course it has. The Glazers are the best owners ever in the world of football. They can't and have never done anything outside of what is best for the club. They do everything in their power to take us back to where we were before they took over, without any self interest at all. Look either you like them or the Saudis. Simple!

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Lovely grass, two goals and lots of sweet red seats. If we can't at least get another 50 years out of this iteration of Old Trafford we're just entitled IMO.

Denis79

Lovely grass, two goals and lots of sweet red seats. If we can't at least get another 50 years out of this iteration of Old Trafford we're just entitled IMO.
Stadium needs some refreshing and upkeep, I will be so sad if it ever gets replaced.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
There's no point trying to reason with anti glazer sorts. It's all rhetoric and cherry picking figures that suit their agenda.

In one sentiment they'll be red with rage over the club not spending enough, ignoring the £1 billion spent on transfers in approx 6 years and the leagues largest wage bill of £330m which increased 46% under Jose's tenure...but they'll keep repeating BS about him not being backed.

The next sentiment you'll see them piss n moan about how stupid we spend and that youth don't get a chance.

In short they want every demand met even if it means directly not addressing the previous demand.
Hope you got something out of getting riled up by the straw man you seem to have invented for yourself here. If not, your post was entirely valueless.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Seen quite a few of our 'fans' calling out Fergie on twitter. Has this what the #GlazersOut campaign has come to?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

This is absolute bollocks - how many times have you been to Old Trafford?!

The current campaign is all online and based mostly on Twitter moaning about the transfer window , it doesn't represent the matchgoing fan.

Also our matchgoing fan base are not passive at all - there have beenseveral big protests in and around the ground about the Glazers over the years

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
How in the world can a club that worth 1 billion when they bought, drained by 1 billion? That'll mean the club have to be sold, the players have to be sold, the stadium have to be sold for them to get 1billion back.

Denis79

How in the world can a club that worth 1 billion when they bought, drained by 1 billion? That'll mean the club have to be sold, the players have to be sold, the stadium have to be sold for them to get 1billion back.
That is in the 13 years since their take-over. Read the Forbes article, it is well written. Price of football article breaks down the finances step by step, if you like some more in-depth figures.

Stepney73

We were outspent by more than 400M by both City and Chelsea during that period, about the same by Barca and Real, hell even Liverpool spent 100M more in the initial 8 years when the Glazers used most of the club generated funds to service the loan.

Our net spend was 19M / year for 8 years after their take-over. As a direct result of the neglect caused by the Glazers, SAF never had the funds to refresh his squad with younger players of equal quality. "there's no value in the market" was just a more professional way of saying that I don't have the funds to replace players that were ageing or sold with footballers of equal quality. During theese 8 years young world talents went left and right to our rivals but never to us. Because SAF didn't want them? Not buying it. The Glazers fueled a Ferrari with diesel.

By the time Moyes took over the squad average age was over 29 and I'm convinced it wasn't because SAF was sentimental holding on to his players but he wasn't given the backing to bring players of equal quality in, resulting in sticking to what he got. They put us here because of the way they bought the club in my opinion.

100% this

Between ronaldo going and Fergie retiring we had enough quality in the squad to get a few pots in the short term but Instead of adding one or two top players each summer the club started to penny pinch and sign players like Ashley Young plus bringing Scholes out of retirement and having a left winger in his late 30s(playing in midfeild)while all the other top clubs where bagging the best players.
Around 2009 we just needed the midfeild issues sorting but we didn't invest in quality replacements and a few years later when the last of the top players like evra,Rio and vidic went it was all over for us as a top team.
The one quality player we did have(Rooney)was on the decline and should have been booted out of the club in 2013(like any other big club with a plan/vision would have done).

Last edited:

Fluctuation0161

Totally agree. We have been left behind on the pitch and now our stadium is being left behind.

Glazers are slowly but surely ruining the club.