#GlazersOut

GMoore23

25 years a fan and I can say that this is without doubt, the worst united squad I've seen in my time. 10 years ago, our current first team would be our reserve team. There's not a single player in this squad that walks into the starting lineup of our 07 - 09 team. Absolutely shocking. Not even De Gea, he's a fantastic shot stopper but not a patch on Van der Sar when it's comes to being an all round world class goalkeeper.
I remember a few year's back being absolutely furious with Rooney when he called out the hierarchy for a lack of ambition. I, like a lot of United fans wanted him out of then club. Looking back now, Rooney was right to call these F**kers out.
We sold Ronaldo for £80 million. Robben and Sneijder were then available for a combined £35 million, Bargain!
Who did we sign, Tony Valencia from Wigan and a crocked Liverpool legend. If the Glazers had any ambition Valencia would have been signed as backup for Robben.
United never spent over 25 million on a player for 3 years after Ronaldo's departure. We allowed City to sign Toure, Silva, Kompany and Aguero uncontested.
We had Hazard in 2012 only to pull out due to agent fee's. Chelsea step in and sign one of the best players of the decade. United sign Kagawa!
We Haven't had a right winger for 5 years. FIVE YEARS!!!! THIS CLUB IS BEING RUN BY THE F**KING MUPPETS
GLAZERS OUT!!!!

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
25 years a fan and I can say that this is without doubt, the worst united squad I've seen in my time. 10 years ago, our current first team would be our reserve team. There's not a single player in this squad that walks into the starting lineup of our 07 - 09 team. Absolutely shocking. Not even De Gea, he's a fantastic shot stopper but not a patch on Van der Sar when it's comes to being an all round world class goalkeeper.
I remember a few year's back being absolutely furious with Rooney when he called out the hierarchy for a lack of ambition. I, like a lot of United fans wanted him out of then club. Looking back now, Rooney was right to call these F**kers out.
We sold Ronaldo for £80 million. Robben and Sneijder were then available for a combined £35 million, Bargain!
Who did we sign, Tony Valencia from Wigan and a crocked Liverpool legend. If the Glazers had any ambition Valencia would have been signed as backup for Robben.
United never spent over 25 million on a player for 3 years after Ronaldo's departure. We allowed City to sign Toure, Silva, Kompany and Aguero uncontested.
We had Hazard in 2012 only to pull out due to agent fee's. Chelsea step in and sign one of the best players of the decade. United sign Kagawa!
We Haven't had a right winger for 5 years. FIVE YEARS!!!! THIS CLUB IS BEING RUN BY THE F**KING MUPPETS
GLAZERS OUT!!!!
I agree with you mate but under the current owners(milkers) I can see no change. I posted this years ago and nothing has changed, it has just become more obvious. https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ed-woodward-your-views-on-him-now-part-2.394963/page-5#post-16277303

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Ask yourself why the season ticket holders have shown no interest in protesting.
Few reasons for that. First of all the average age of a ST holder is increasing and people probably lack the exuberance and passion of years gone by.

Another might be that the lads and lasses who cared about the soul and direction of the club were out priced and replaced in the mid to late 00’s by people who bought Season Tickets as a status symbol.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
we should be targeting where it hurts the most. stop buying/renewing season tickets, stop buying merch, stop tv subs inc mutv... once the feel it in the pockets thats when they'll listen or at least acknowledge our pain. Otherwise, as long as money keeps coming in, wtf.
Indeed but this was screamed by people in 2005 and nobody could be arsed to listen.

It was screamed again in 2010 but people purchased replica kits with their green and gold scarf.

Now its too late. The soul of the club has gone. There’s an occasional flicker of light with some of the kids and Ole as Manager or even a Euro away like Paris but the rest of it is just grim.

The alternative isn’t any good. Would being owned by the Saudis be any better? Who cares about human rights if we sign Neymar?

Nori-

The problem is United are such a huge global brand, they'll never have a problem filling seats or selling merchandise.

Imagine you're a tourist visiting from abroad and you get a chance to watch a game at Old Trafford, irrelevant of what the politics of the club are, you'll take that opportunity. The owners know this and know small protests from a handful of fans wont change a thing.

Protests need to be more organised, larger and receive more media coverage (The negative attention wont go down well with the sponsors)

My only hope is the Glazers grow tired and decide to sell up which is unlikely considered how much money they're milking out of the club :(

Denis79

No, they are absolutely in it for the mighty dollar; but by raising the asset value of the club, not by bleeding it dry by dividends. Which actually aligns their interest with the fans, not the other way around.
50% of the clubs profits have gone directly or in-directly in their pocket. Aligned interest with the fans, bullshit. There are more ways to milk a club than just dividends.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...he-glazers-the-battle-behind-the-numbers/amp/

Here is a break-down of how and how much they've taken.

http://priceoffootball.com/manchester-united-2018-finances-made-of-stone/

Last edited:

Rampant-red

Indeed but this was screamed by people in 2005 and nobody could be arsed to listen.

It was screamed again in 2010 but people purchased replica kits with their green and gold scarf.

Now its too late. The soul of the club has gone. There’s an occasional flicker of light with some of the kids and Ole as Manager or even a Euro away like Paris but the rest of it is just grim.

The alternative isn’t any good. Would being owned by the Saudis be any better? Who cares about human rights if we sign Neymar?

Better the Saudis than those pricks

edgar allan

No, that was Jose's second stint in charge of Chelsea. We could have had him after his Real days when he was still the top dog. If I recall correctly, he was practically begging for the job in the media.
Well we dogged a bullet there.....although shot ourselves in both feet with Moyes tbf.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
GLAZERS OUT!!!!
Totally agree.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I could be completely off here but I feel like the owners still don't have complete faith in Solskjaer

With the way we feel apart towards then end of last season and his lack of high level managerial experience then don't want to go all in financially. Yes we bought Maguire, but that was a area everyone knew we had to fix, with or without Ole.

I think they'll give him some time, see how he is doing and if they feel confident, more of the big transfers will happen
I think it's more like the players we are after don't have faith in the project and are demanding extortionate wages in order to join, in keeping with the inflated wages we already pay most of the squad.

Ralph1386

Today I was watching player interviews after the 2008 final in Moscow.

And I started wondering: is this the same football club?? Would a single one of our current players make it into that team??

arthurka

GLAZERS OUT!!!!
As a fan for the last 35 years I fully agree with you mate, this is getting beyond pathetic.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
GLAZERS OUT!!!!
Absolutely f**ing 100 percent right. We need to start organising online events. We need to do stuff. who cares how it ends. Lets begin. Rooney WAS right. #GlazersOut

GimmeThatBall_M8_NL

GLAZERS OUT!!!!
And you know what is even worse?
There is no plan at all. 3 Managers that failed to do the job because there was no foundation in the team. The worst of all is that they gonna sack Ole and blame him if we are 8th in the PL in December. That is reality and it is happening right now and right under our faces. Our scouting organization is total shit and we became a laughing stock in the transfer market. Ohh you are from Man United?? Yeah that will be 20+ million extra just because WE HAVE NO PLAN OR EVEN BACKUP. Even players like Dybala or Eriksen won't come because we have lost our status as an Elite Club. This means that players no longer play for the badge because we have lost our identity as a club. Meanwhile what have Liverpool (Our greatest rivals) done? They had a plan, sticked to it with Klopp and brought in young good players. Jesus man Liverpool had Balotelli, Borini and some other fool as their front 3 and look at what they have now. Even a club like Arsenal is now spending money better than us! They brought a very talented RW to upgrade their RW position. Meanwhile we haven't had a good RW in freaking 5 years.

Even Old Trafford is falling apart, the place looks old, it smelled, rain is coming through even the paint is coming off the walls!!! Jesus my local club doesn't even have that!
This club is badly badly run. The Glazers are to blame for this.

edgar allan

Absolutely f**ing 100 percent right. We need to start organising online events. We need to do stuff. who cares how it ends. Lets begin. Rooney WAS right. #GlazersOut
I don't know how we can get these leeches out of our club but I do think this season will be a turning point. Everyone will see how far we have fallen.

fatcat121

I think the problem all comes down to the structure of the club. United are a traditional club but it’s time to start rebuilding in a modern way. The best clubs are run by a mixture of former players who know the club inside out AND people who are great at making money.

Manchester United is split into 2 businesses...

1. Manchester United Football Club
  2. Manchester United Limited (Red Football Shareholder Limited)

At the moment Manchester United Limited are making the footballing decisions I.e. Ed Woodward negotiating transfer matters with clubs. This is where it needs to stop.

I feel we have the right people at the club making money - Ed Woodward, Richard Arnold etc. However, we don’t have the people on board who can make footballing decisions, this shouldn’t be down to Ed Woodward. We need a man preferably a former player to be able to make these football decisions, to work along side Ole and co. I believe that person should be Edwin Van Der Sar. He’s done amazing things with Ajax and he knows the club in and out.

Leave football matters to football people and business matters to business people.

#EdEdandOle

Bird Nerd

The only way to get the Glazers out is to not show up to the matches, not buy jerseys, etc. Hurt the pocketbook and devalue the club with diminished revenue.

The negative is......relegation in 4-5 years. And I am NOT even joking if this type of management (Woodward) of having a totally incompetent boob with no knowledge of football being responsible for our squad continues. It is Glazers + their goons in the front office. Hopefully Woodward is signing our next condom/jock strap/ adult diaper sponsor to keep the cash inflowing.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Are you daft? Here is an example for you:
Zlatan 0m
Sanchez 20m (which we gave to the Arse just to use him for like 3 months)
Lets get Messi and Neymar when their contracts expires as well: 0 m.
A nice little "net spend" of 20m.

Or we could do this:
Sancho 120m
Nathan Ake 75m
Callum Hudson Oboi 100m
Julian Weigl 75m
A nice little "net spend" of around 375m.

Which of those scenarios do you think is more expensive for the club? Newsflash: It sure as feck is not the second one.
Transfer fees does not matter if they are not paid for players over the age of 28. Wages do.
What on earth are to talking about? If we spend 200 million for example on Mbappe (who is under 28) wouldnt we also give him a world class salary on top of his transfer fee? My god I cant even be bothered to get into this with you. Ok whatever you say.

Last edited:

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
The club has tried throwing money at the problem repeatedly over the past five years, buying players who don't really care about where they play so long as they get paid. And where has it gotten them? It's clear that more signings could have been made this summer, but the players involved ultimately didn't seem that interested in coming to Manchester United, and would have done so solely for the money. The absolute last thing the club needs is another millstone like Sanchez hanging around its neck. Instead, the focus has been on players who were desperate to come and will give their all for the shirt. And whilst nobody's saying that just hard work is enough, the thing that the squad has been sorely lacking in the past few years is players willing to put a shift in. Whose heads don't go down at the first sign of adversity. Who don't just give up when things don't go their way, because ultimately they get paid either way.

I feel like I'm the only person who's reasonably happy with the transfer dealings this summer. Sure, another signing or two would have been nice if the right players were available and interested, but I don't see that they were. A lack of Champions League football is massively off-putting to the very best players in the world. The signings made are a great start to rebuilding the squad, and it's never something that was going to be done in one transfer window. It's going to take multiple years to put together a squad that's capable of challenging at the very highest level again. Three hungry young players who want to play for the club is a good start.
Whatever makes you happy.

::sonny::

The game is clear:

- Keep Utd between 4th and 6th
- Get the capital gain from the club

They transformed Manchester United in Everton

There is a similitude with AS Roma, American ownership, who have put inside Lazio fans as management, kicked out of the club Totti and De Rossi, used the club only to make a real estate speculations with the new stadium

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Gary Neville telling GlazerOut fan accounts 'to be quiet and do one' when asked why he's unwilling to speak out against the Glazers. Very classy by him.

I wonder if Hotel Football has anything to do with it?

Carragher called him out months ago and it was radio silence from him.

Not sure how he thinks he has 'no influence whatsoever' when he's on tv every week!

Let's see if he says anything this weekend... I won't be holding my breath.

Last edited:

Castia

It’s always been a hostile relationship between the glazers and the fans but I can feel the tension reaching another level.

If things aren’t going well come October things will start to get ugly, the United fans have had enough of their bullshit.

croadyman

It’s always been a hostile relationship between the glazers and the fans but I can feel the tension reaching another level.

If things aren’t going well come October things will start to get ugly, the United fans have had enough of their bullshit.
Yeah the hatred is really growing by the minute and especially now that someone idolised by the fans has not been properly backed in the transfer market.

Really hope that fans at home games voice their displeasure at Woodward and those leeching owners.

minh_loc_xoay

You are living in dream's land. The fans are pathetic for defending Ed and the Glazers. Even on this forum you can see how many people pull out the amount of money they "spent" (It was the club's money to begin with) to justify the Glazer's actions. I say it many times already: We United fans deserve everything we got today because so many of people are more concerned about how they appear as "Top Red" and shoot down any protests being proposed. Look at how the supposed "protest" in front of Old Trafford at the start of this summer got mocked by posters on here.

You expect some actions from the match-going fans? Don't kid yourselves. They won't do anything.

The Mad Manc

The biggest problem at United at the moment is the Glazer's ownership.

Looking back on the past few transfer windows, you could certainly make an argument that the Glazers aren't afraid to spend big - we broke the British transfer record in 2014 with Di Maria in a massive window, and the world record fee in 2016 for Paul Pogba - but these windows came after the phenomenally miserly windows of Ferguson's final few years, as well as Moyes' 2013 £27m window that oversaw an ageing squad in desperate need of renovation. Valencia replaced Ronaldo in a window with a massive profit, with punts being put in to cheap/youth players like Hernandez, Bebe, Cleverley and Welbeck as opposed to pushing the bids a few million higher to secure the likes of Modric and Robben (no value in the market, eh?). Even RVP, seen as a big investment at the time, was just £15m rising to £24m with add ons - hardly a monster deal.

The signings of Di Maria, Pogba, Bailly, Shaw, Herrera et al. were made in a desperate attempt to get the club back in to an optimum profit range for the Glazers - they continue to leech money out of the club at an extortionate rate, profiting off the immense popularity generated mainly by the phenomenal Sirs Busby and Ferguson. Di Maria and Pogba in particular seemed panic, paper over the cracks buys - Di Maria was desperate for PSG, and Pogba wasn't suited to a stoic Mourinho system. Watching clubs like Liverpool and Spurs, who earn far less money than we do, perform much better than us while playing better football is painful. Even Arsenal seem to be going in the right direction this window, with an intelligent transfer committee (though their ownership is similar to ours).

One of the few positives of the Glazer reign is that the relative paucity of our transfer budget allows players like Rashford, McTominay and Lingard to establish themselves into the team from the academy - having players come through the academy like that means that they're more likely to give 100% for the badge on their chest, and less likely to be attracted to the bright lights of European giants (Pogba is an obvious exception, but was originally signed by us from France at 16). Look at Foden and Sancho at City - phenomenally talented players who would start every game at United, but with you can pay £70m for a better player like *that*, how confident is an academy graduate in securing a first team role? Hopefully under Ole, we'll see the likes of Garner, Gomes, Greenwood, Tuanzebe and Henderson establish themselves as first team regulars over the next few years.

We have other massive problems too - Woodward's mad game as a director of football has been a short-sighted shambles (the Mourinho debacle a particularly painful episode), but the Glazer's leeching of the club, especially given the size of Manchester United, its phenomenal history and the unparalleled dedication from its fans, has been nothing short of criminal.
What he said

ravi2

GLAZERS OUT!!!!
100% right

Judas

Open to offers
The patience of our fans is toxic. The Glazers are to blame, but the way some of our fanbase acts while the club burns down in front of them is so sad and weird to see.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Yeah the hatred is really growing by the minute and especially now that someone idolised by the fans has not been properly backed in the transfer market.

Really hope that fans at home games voice their displeasure at Woodward and those leeching owners.
Not properly backed. Ole spent to this minute 150m.

I'd say that's quite a backing for a rookie manager amassing just 5 pts in his last 15+ games

SaintMuppet

That bunch of wankers have me in a rage milking our club dry and not building our club. They are destroying mufc. I for one will NOT attend or spend a penny on the brand till they are gone and we have new owners who want to build us back. Please excuse the choice language but Feck Glazers and the board out
But the sad truth is it’s not our club.

It’s their club which they can do as they please with. Even Ed who everybody seems to blame is doing nothing more than he is told.

I agree with the not spending. I have not spent a single penny on the club for years now as I foresaw this. No matches, no shirts, no pictures or stickers, no mutv nothing.

Until OT is empty on matchday and they start losing money they are going nowhere. The scary thing is the only people likely to buy us are some Saudi family who I would like even less.

I fear for the club, I fear my lifetimes support will end up dying because I have morals that I value more.

I Am Zlatan

As frustrated and disappointed I am with everything currently, I think this bad transfer window is a blessing in disguise, I feel like the backlash would be crazy and will put some pressure on the glazers and Ed

lysglimt

Scout
Ferguson did that from a position of power. He also had a settled team of winners to introduce them slowly into the team. People thought it was an odd thing to do do but i don't recollect a clamour to get him sacked in any way at all.
No maybe you don't but Ferguson himself did.

It's in his biography - as I recall there was some sort of radioprogram where disgruntled United-fans could call in and say if they wanted Ferguson sacked - and quite a few apparently did.

iKeano

My first purchase this season will be another green & gold scarf.

Not much one fan can do:
Empty seat having paid for the season ticket only hurts me in the pocket.
Not renewing next season - someone else will buy it.
Not buying club merchandise - everyone else will.
Trying to start anti-Glazer/Woodward chants at OT will be met with the same "top reds" who fiddle while Rome burns, like they did under Moyes, stood by LVG were loyal to bus-chucking Jose.
Being seen to stand against the mediocrity and complete shambolic upper structures of our club is seen as turning your back on Utd. It's not. Anything but. It's my love the club making me want to say "no more, enough is enough". I can live with being 6th if we go down fighting, make astute signings, have a squad that's leaving it all out on the pitch and a board you could believe in.
As it stands we have a seemingly endless squad of players that no one else wants. We've slipped so far it's no longer viewed as a slip - it's just where we're at. Erikson not wanting to "drop down" to Man Utd is a far cry from Fergie's "it's Spurs" team talk. I know we need to let Fergie go, but 7 years on we shouldn't be so far adrift. Reading articles that Maguire moving to OT was a "sideways move". Leicester (more recent PL winners than Utd) to Utd is now, rightfully viewed, as a sideways move.

Utd were 7/1 to win the PL last seasons - their lowest price since the PL began. Finishing 32 points off the "noisy neighbours", we've had a net spend of approximately £60m, lost a midfielder and an (all-be-it miss and miss) striker. Meanwhile City - scrutinised by FFP have spent approximately £60 to strengthen their squad.
Even the Maguire contract - £70m over 6 years with an option to add on. That's a business contract to make the books balance better. Not a single footballing consideration was put into that contract.

Meanwhile the club put out scraps of lies to keep the Top Red masses at bay. "Utd in for XXXXX" - "Utd lose interest in XXXXX". That's like me being "in" for Blake Lively, but then announcing that I'm no longer going to pursue it - absolutely delusional.
Utd are a business. Top and bottom. The only remnants of Manchester United Football Club are the hard working fans on the terraces and paying extortionate TV subscriptions the world over in a vain attempt to feel closer to a 'football club' that is constantly pulling further and further away. Multi-millionaire players so far out of touch with the average fan they act like they're different species. It's like the battered wife scrapping for the corner of the duvet while her significant other half is warm in the knowledge that wifey will get a corner and be happy with it.
In some ways I want the Glazers to rinse the club entirely and as quickly as possible because when the sponsorships drop away due to continued poor results, the revenue falls, the profits slide, they WILL pull out of Utd and leave the picked over carcass to re-build again and it's only then we'll get the club back.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. When is the entire fan base going to wake up to this and come together and get rid of these parasites!?

For one fan to overturn this is a stretch too far BUT, if all I can do is be a small beacon of Green & Yellow light in the Stretford End at every home game, then that's what I'll do. Until we get the Glazers and Woodward out, as long as we keep living off the corner of the duvet, the lies they feed us, we'll keep slipping, treading water, slipping, treading water, slipping. We will not climb to the top again with these financial leeches eating our club from the inside out like a the cancers they are.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I don't blame anyone for not boycotting the matches.

I won't however spend a single penny on merch.

Imran Mamdani

Not much one fan can do:
Trying to start anti-Glazer/Woodward chants at OT will be met with the same "top reds" who fiddle while Rome burns, like they did under Moyes, stood by LVG were loyal to bus-chucking Jose.
Being seen to stand against the mediocrity and complete shambolic upper structures of our club is seen as turning your back on Utd. It's not. Anything but. It's my love the club making me want to say "no more, enough is enough". I can live with being 6th if we go down fighting, make astute signings, have a squad that's leaving it all out on the pitch and a board you could believe in.
As it stands we have a seemingly endless squad of players that no one else wants. We've slipped so far it's no longer viewed as a slip - it's just where we're at. Erikson not wanting to "drop down" to Man Utd is a far cry from Fergie's "it's Spurs" team talk. I know we need to let Fergie go, but 7 years on we shouldn't be so far adrift. Reading articles that Maguire moving to OT was a "sideways move". Leicester (more recent PL winners than Utd) to Utd is now, rightfully viewed, as a sideways move.

Utd were 7/1 to win the PL last seasons - their lowest price since the PL began. Finishing 32 points off the "noisy neighbours", we've had a net spend of approximately £60m, lost a midfielder and an (all-be-it miss and miss) striker. Meanwhile City - scrutinised by FFP have spent approximately £60 to strengthen their squad.
Even the Maguire contract - £70m over 6 years with an option to add on. That's a business contract to make the books balance better. Not a single footballing consideration was put into that contract.

Meanwhile the club put out scraps of lies to keep the Top Red masses at bay. "Utd in for XXXXX" - "Utd lose interest in XXXXX". That's like me being "in" for Blake Lively, but then announcing that I'm no longer going to pursue it - absolutely delusional.
Utd are a business. Top and bottom. The only remnants of Manchester United Football Club are the hard working fans on the terraces and paying extortionate TV subscriptions the world over in a vain attempt to feel closer to a 'football club' that is constantly pulling further and further away. Multi-millionaire players so far out of touch with the average fan they act like they're different species. It's like the battered wife scrapping for the corner of the duvet while her significant other half is warm in the knowledge that wifey will get a corner and be happy with it.
In some ways I want the Glazers to rinse the club entirely and as quickly as possible because when the sponsorships drop away due to continued poor results, the revenue falls, the profits slide, they WILL pull out of Utd and leave the picked over carcass to re-build again and it's only then we'll get the club back.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. When is the entire fan base going to wake up to this and come together and get rid of these parasites!?

For one fan to overturn this is a stretch too far BUT, if all I can do is be a small beacon of Green & Yellow light in the Stretford End at every home game, then that's what I'll do. Until we get the Glazers and Woodward out, as long as we keep living off the corner of the duvet, the lies they feed us, we'll keep slipping, treading water, slipping, treading water, slipping. We will not climb to the top again with these financial leeches eating our club from the inside out like a the cancers they are.

So much this. Like you say, collectively we can save the club or else risk the club being completely rinsed and we have an even harder job to rebuild. But there is still time to act and get these feckers out.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
We can blame the Glazers as much as we like, but the fact is, they are business men, not fans. If we are going to lay the blame at anyone’s door, lay it at the door of the 1991 Board, Chaired by Martin Edward who launched the IPO to take the club Public. We invested heavily in the following year or two, buying players, expanding the ground etc with the money raised and we were congratulating ourselves on how clever we had been. However, by going Public, we lay ourselves at the mercy of people like the Glazers. As a mate of mine who supports the other lot from Beswick said to me at the time, ‘you’ve suckled on the Devils cock and now the time has arrived to swallow.’

Lentwood

You're not accounting for the fact that at the time of the Glazer's takeover, United were in possession of one of the best teams in Europe. There was no need for huge transfer market investment, just the occasional signing here and there to keep the current squad on its toes and competitive.

However, after Fergie retired and the fecking awful decision to replace him with David Moyes inevitablly blew up in their faces, they have invested heavily and consistently. That our managers wasted that investment is not on the shoulders of the Glazers.
I don't disagree with the sentiments of some of your post...i.e. the waste post-SAF, however, whichever way you look at it, the Glazers appointed Ed and Ed appointed Moyes....so they can't totally absolve themselves of any responsibility for how the money has been spent

The first point about not needing to spend, I really struggle to get behind. By that logic, City shouldn't have spent this summer or last summer, but of course they do keep spending - probably because they have learned from our mistakes

Similarly, Real have won three of the last four CLs and Barcelona have won La Liga regularly over the last few seasons....they don't just suddenly stop spending

Fact is, and I said this regularly at the time, even though we were very successful in the 00s, we know that players can't go on forever. Why did we allow ourselves to be in a position that by the time SAF retired, we were still relying on the likes of Giggs and Scholes? Bear in mind, by the time LvG came in, we had lost Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Scoles and Giggs from the team that won SAFs final league title. Carrick was 30+, as was RvP and Rooney might has well have been in terms of his physical capabilities.

I just don't understand how this was allowed to happen. Blame SAF, blame Gill, blame the Glazers....fundamentally it's carelessness beyond belief

The Mad Manc

Not much one fan can do:

Amen brother

Denis79

Not much one fan can do:

I had my gold yellow scarf on me vs Chelsea and I'll continue to wear it to every game I attend this year.