#GlazersOut

Fluctuation0161

My first purchase this season will be another green & gold scarf.

Not much one fan can do:
Empty seat having paid for the season ticket only hurts me in the pocket.
Not renewing next season - someone else will buy it.
Not buying club merchandise - everyone else will.
Trying to start anti-Glazer/Woodward chants at OT will be met with the same "top reds" who fiddle while Rome burns, like they did under Moyes, stood by LVG were loyal to bus-chucking Jose.
Being seen to stand against the mediocrity and complete shambolic upper structures of our club is seen as turning your back on Utd. It's not. Anything but. It's my love the club making me want to say "no more, enough is enough". I can live with being 6th if we go down fighting, make astute signings, have a squad that's leaving it all out on the pitch and a board you could believe in.
As it stands we have a seemingly endless squad of players that no one else wants. We've slipped so far it's no longer viewed as a slip - it's just where we're at. Erikson not wanting to "drop down" to Man Utd is a far cry from Fergie's "it's Spurs" team talk. I know we need to let Fergie go, but 7 years on we shouldn't be so far adrift. Reading articles that Maguire moving to OT was a "sideways move". Leicester (more recent PL winners than Utd) to Utd is now, rightfully viewed, as a sideways move.

Utd were 7/1 to win the PL last seasons - their lowest price since the PL began. Finishing 32 points off the "noisy neighbours", we've had a net spend of approximately £60m, lost a midfielder and an (all-be-it miss and miss) striker. Meanwhile City - scrutinised by FFP have spent approximately £60 to strengthen their squad.
Even the Maguire contract - £70m over 6 years with an option to add on. That's a business contract to make the books balance better. Not a single footballing consideration was put into that contract.

Meanwhile the club put out scraps of lies to keep the Top Red masses at bay. "Utd in for XXXXX" - "Utd lose interest in XXXXX". That's like me being "in" for Blake Lively, but then announcing that I'm no longer going to pursue it - absolutely delusional.
Utd are a business. Top and bottom. The only remnants of Manchester United Football Club are the hard working fans on the terraces and paying extortionate TV subscriptions the world over in a vain attempt to feel closer to a 'football club' that is constantly pulling further and further away. Multi-millionaire players so far out of touch with the average fan they act like they're different species. It's like the battered wife scrapping for the corner of the duvet while her significant other half is warm in the knowledge that wifey will get a corner and be happy with it.
In some ways I want the Glazers to rinse the club entirely and as quickly as possible because when the sponsorships drop away due to continued poor results, the revenue falls, the profits slide, they WILL pull out of Utd and leave the picked over carcass to re-build again and it's only then we'll get the club back.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. When is the entire fan base going to wake up to this and come together and get rid of these parasites!?

For one fan to overturn this is a stretch too far BUT, if all I can do is be a small beacon of Green & Yellow light in the Stretford End at every home game, then that's what I'll do. Until we get the Glazers and Woodward out, as long as we keep living off the corner of the duvet, the lies they feed us, we'll keep slipping, treading water, slipping, treading water, slipping. We will not climb to the top again with these financial leeches eating our club from the inside out like a the cancers they are.
Well said mate.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
We can blame the Glazers as much as we like, but the fact is, they are business men, not fans. If we are going to lay the blame at anyone’s door, lay it at the door of the 1991 Board, Chaired by Martin Edward who launched the IPO to take the club Public. We invested heavily in the following year or two, buying players, expanding the ground etc with the money raised and we were congratulating ourselves on how clever we had been. However, by going Public, we lay ourselves at the mercy of people like the Glazers. As a mate of mine who supports the other lot from Beswick said to me at the time, ‘you’ve suckled on the Devils cock and now the time has arrived to swallow.
:lol:

Irwin99

My first purchase this season will be another green & gold scarf.

Not much one fan can do:
Empty seat having paid for the season ticket only hurts me in the pocket.
Not renewing next season - someone else will buy it.
Not buying club merchandise - everyone else will.
Trying to start anti-Glazer/Woodward chants at OT will be met with the same "top reds" who fiddle while Rome burns, like they did under Moyes, stood by LVG were loyal to bus-chucking Jose.
Being seen to stand against the mediocrity and complete shambolic upper structures of our club is seen as turning your back on Utd. It's not. Anything but. It's my love the club making me want to say "no more, enough is enough". I can live with being 6th if we go down fighting, make astute signings, have a squad that's leaving it all out on the pitch and a board you could believe in.
As it stands we have a seemingly endless squad of players that no one else wants. We've slipped so far it's no longer viewed as a slip - it's just where we're at. Erikson not wanting to "drop down" to Man Utd is a far cry from Fergie's "it's Spurs" team talk. I know we need to let Fergie go, but 7 years on we shouldn't be so far adrift. Reading articles that Maguire moving to OT was a "sideways move". Leicester (more recent PL winners than Utd) to Utd is now, rightfully viewed, as a sideways move.

Utd were 7/1 to win the PL last seasons - their lowest price since the PL began. Finishing 32 points off the "noisy neighbours", we've had a net spend of approximately £60m, lost a midfielder and an (all-be-it miss and miss) striker. Meanwhile City - scrutinised by FFP have spent approximately £60 to strengthen their squad.
Even the Maguire contract - £70m over 6 years with an option to add on. That's a business contract to make the books balance better. Not a single footballing consideration was put into that contract.

Meanwhile the club put out scraps of lies to keep the Top Red masses at bay. "Utd in for XXXXX" - "Utd lose interest in XXXXX". That's like me being "in" for Blake Lively, but then announcing that I'm no longer going to pursue it - absolutely delusional.
Utd are a business. Top and bottom. The only remnants of Manchester United Football Club are the hard working fans on the terraces and paying extortionate TV subscriptions the world over in a vain attempt to feel closer to a 'football club' that is constantly pulling further and further away. Multi-millionaire players so far out of touch with the average fan they act like they're different species. It's like the battered wife scrapping for the corner of the duvet while her significant other half is warm in the knowledge that wifey will get a corner and be happy with it.
In some ways I want the Glazers to rinse the club entirely and as quickly as possible because when the sponsorships drop away due to continued poor results, the revenue falls, the profits slide, they WILL pull out of Utd and leave the picked over carcass to re-build again and it's only then we'll get the club back.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. When is the entire fan base going to wake up to this and come together and get rid of these parasites!?

For one fan to overturn this is a stretch too far BUT, if all I can do is be a small beacon of Green & Yellow light in the Stretford End at every home game, then that's what I'll do. Until we get the Glazers and Woodward out, as long as we keep living off the corner of the duvet, the lies they feed us, we'll keep slipping, treading water, slipping, treading water, slipping. We will not climb to the top again with these financial leeches eating our club from the inside out like a the cancers they are.
Great read. I hope the Green and Gold campaign resurfaces as at least a visible symbol that United fans aren't happy.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
The cause is getting bigger. I teach a large number of students that are very interested in English life. I was explaining about the football season starting and they asked if I was looking forward to it. I then told them how United have fallen and the reasons why. I have converted quite a few to United fans and I will record games and play them to groups of 20 or more people. After telling them about the Glazers, a lot are going to boycott Nissin noodles and anything made by Yanmar. I also had these stickers made to show support.

It's a small thing, I know, but lets hope it grows.

The Mad Manc

The cause is getting bigger. I teach a large number of students that are very interested in English life. I was explaining about the football season starting and they asked if I was looking forward to it. I then told them how United have fallen and the reasons why. I have converted quite a few to United fans and I will record games and play them to groups of 20 or more people. After telling them about the Glazers, a lot are going to boycott Nissin noodles and anything made by Yanmar. I also had these stickers made to show support.

Nice one mate. Spread the word

Sweet Square

I've avoided this thread like its the plague, so sorry for such a basic question but for the green and gold people who do you want replace the Glazers ?

AshRK

Why is it unacceptable?
For a club that is supposedly making so much money it is unacceptable. This also confirms Glazers are saving money and not allowing the club to spend more. DO you think it is acceptable?

Johan07

For a club that is supposedly making so much money it is unacceptable. This also confirms Glazers are saving money and not allowing the club to spend more. DO you think it is acceptable?
I am sorry, but are you a complete idiot?
All transfers fees are amortised. ALL. For all clubs. Its fecking IFRS and its mandatory.
What that screenshot means is that the club has spent more money the last four-five years on transfers than anyone else. Gross. Thats why we have such high amortisation. If we had not spent anything the last couple of years we would be at 0.
It means the exact opposite to what you are trying to say.
Jeez, this place sometimes.....

Johan07

Er... it meants they're spending albeit in installment.
It doesnt mean that either actually. Some transfer fees are paid upfront, some the club manages to be negotiate to be paid in instalments. Thats not amortisation though. And amortisation is not affected by it.
What that number constitutes is the financial cost we have for amortisation of players transfer fees over the time of their contracts. It has very little to do with cash-flow, has absolutely nothing to do with debt; but it affects profit. Its something all clubs have to do in their books.
What that number does mean is that the club has spent an enormous amount on transfers gross since Sir Alex left.

Last edited:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Why is it unacceptable?
Because it's debt. But most importantly it's debt because the club already carries a significant debt from the takeover, with owners who have not injected money into the club. The purchase is entirely funded by the clubs own finances. Manchester United is a money making machine, but this trend is concerning. And I'm saying that as a Ed Woodward money management fan.

From a fans point of view it also "sucks" a bit, because its another indicator that the owners will not help the club, the club will have to help itself.

Johan07

Because it's debt. But most importantly it's debt because the club already carries a significant debt from the takeover, with owners who have not injected money into the club. The purchase is entirely funded by the clubs own finances. Manchester United is a money making machine, but this trend is concerning. And I'm saying that as a Ed Woodward money management fan.

From a fans point of view it also "sucks" a bit, because its another indicator that the owners will not help the club, the club will have to help itself.
Its not debt. Wtf is it with you people?
If your company buys a car and it costs 100k; you pay 100k to the dealer. You owe him nothing. Zip. Nada. No debt.
In the company´s books though you AMORTISE the value of the car over say 5 years, so it affects the company´s profit evenly over the five years you have appreciated the car will work.
Its really not debt.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Its not debt. Wtf is it with you people?
If your company buys a car and it costs 100k; you pay 100k to the dealer. You owe him nothing. Zip. Nada. No debt.
In the company´s books though you AMORTISE the value of the car over say 5 years, so it affects the company´s profit evenly over the five years you have appreciated the car will work.
Its really not debt.
Laypeople do not see it this way, which is why I phrased it the way I did. Most people won't even know what amortise means.

We are also only one big recession away from this becoming a real issue.

AshRK

I am sorry, but are you a complete idiot?
All transfers fees are amortised. ALL. For all clubs. Its fecking IFRS and its mandatory.
What that screenshot means is that the club has spent more money the last four-five years on transfers than anyone else. Gross. Thats why we have such high amortisation. If we had not spent anything the last couple of years we would be at 0.
It means the exact opposite to what you are trying to say.
Jeez, this place sometimes.....
Irony of you calling others idiot when all you have done here is defend Glazers. Whether you admit it or not it hardly changes the true fact that they are pocketing loads of money at the expense of the club.

Johan07

Irony of you calling others idiot when all you have done here is defend Glazers. Whether you admit it or not it hardly changes the true fact that they are pocketing loads of money at the expense of the club.
I should not have called you an idiot, but your claim was definitely just that: Idiotic.
You just used the best evidence there is for the Glazers investing in the club to prove your argument that "This also confirms Glazers are saving money and not allowing the club to spend more".
That number is from the Q3-report 2019 btw and constitutes "the unamortized balance of registrations as of 31 March 2019". It has nothing to do with debt and shows exactly the opposite of what you were trying to argue.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Lets be honest here, the Glazers have discovered the pot at the end of the rainbow. I can't see them walking away from the easy money that the club provides. They don't give a sh1t about the club, its just about money.

Revan

Assumptionman
They are not. They are pocketing around 16m for year.

Red00012

Unfortunately, while I admire what you’re doing , it’s going to mean diddly squat. I agree with Neville. The Glaziers are going nowhere unless it’s commerically viable for them to go.

Revan

Assumptionman
Where is this figure from? What does it include?

Does it include all the repayments and associated costs from their debt?
The money that goes in their pockets is the money they get from dividends, which is 20m for year (but they get only 80% of it). Btw, that money is before taxes, so they actually get less than that.

Flying high

The money that goes in their pockets is the money they get from dividends, which is 20m for year (but they get only 80% of it). Btw, that money is before taxes, so they actually get less than that.
But they are actually costing us so much more than that.

Redjazz

Er... it meants they're spending albeit in installment.
Indeed. It's exactly what it means.

It doesnt mean that either actually. Some transfer fees are paid upfront, some the club manages to be negotiate to be paid in instalments. Thats not amortisation though. And amortisation is not affected by it.
What that number constitutes is the financial cost we have for amortisation of players transfer fees over the time of their contracts. It has very little to do with cash-flow, has absolutely nothing to do with debt; but it affects profit. Its something all clubs have to do in their books.
What that number does mean is that the club has spent an enormous amount on transfers gross since Sir Alex left.
The figure of 258m is the amount of money we owed other clubs (as at YE 2018) in "transfer fees and other associated costs in relation to the acquisition of registrations".
It is transfer debt as SwissRamble puts it; and it will flow through the cash flow statements of 2019 and beyond.

I should not have called you an idiot, but your claim was definitely just that: Idiotic.
You just used the best evidence there is for the Glazers investing in the club to prove your argument that "This also confirms Glazers are saving money and not allowing the club to spend more".
That number is from the Q3-report 2019 btw and constitutes "the unamortized balance of registrations as of 31 March 2019". It has nothing to do with debt and shows exactly the opposite of what you were trying to argue.
Its from note 23 in the 2018 YE accounts. The unamortized balance of registrations as of 31 March 2019 WAS 288M. You seem to have conflated both and confused yourself.

Tarrou

Lets be honest here, the Glazers have discovered the pot at the end of the rainbow. I can't see them walking away from the easy money that the club provides. They don't give a sh1t about the club, its just about money.
but they don't actually make that much money from the club on a year-by-year basis, do they?

the vast majority of their profit has come from the increased value of the club, so if that looks like it could be at risk - I reckon they'd sell

Johan07

Indeed. It's exactly what it means.

The figure of 258m is the amount of money we owed other clubs (as at YE 2018) in "transfer fees and other associated costs in relation to the acquisition of registrations".
It is transfer debt as SwissRamble puts it; and it will flow through the cash flow statements of 2019 and beyond.

Its from note 23 in the 2018 YE accounts. The unamortized balance of registrations as of 31 March 2019 WAS 288M. You seem to have conflated both and confused yourself.
Nah, you are confusing things. 258m was indeed the major part of Trade and other payables by 30 June 2018. Thats an old number though, the latest Q3 report shows Trade payables down to 185m something, and the amount payable for transfer instalments at 122m.
That was actually why I was sure that the 258m referred to in that tweet referred to non-amortized transfer fees, because that is most likely exactly where we will be now since we amortize around 25-30m on transfer fees quarterly; and down from 288m.
I underestimated the MUST-propaganda that is spread around the net though, where you find the highest old number possible and then use that to misrepresent the clubs financial status. I will be more careful in the future.
In addition total payables is not considered debt as such; our debt is stated under Borrowings in both AR and Q-reports.

Redjazz

Nah, you are confusing things. 258m was indeed the major part of Trade and other payables by 30 June 2018. Thats an old number though, the latest Q3 report shows Trade payables down to 185m something, and the amount payable for transfer instalments at 122m.
That was actually why I was sure that the 258m referred to in that tweet referred to non-amortized transfer fees, because that is most likely exactly where we will be now since we amortize around 25-30m on transfer fees quarterly; and down from 288m.
I underestimated the MUST-propaganda that is spread around the net though, where you find the highest old number possible and then use that to misrepresent the clubs financial status. I will be more careful in the future.
In addition total payables is not considered debt as such; our debt is stated under Borrowings in both AR and Q-reports.
Explaining an elementary error on your part in a succinct manner is hardly confusing though your reluctance to acknowledge it is. It's not as if I called you an idiot for making it, which, by all accounts isn't a reservation shared by you.
The amount owed to other clubs in transfer fees is an obligation\debt; I wouldn't classify it as "Borrowings" as, typically, that amount doesn't accrue interest or principal.
Nor do I regard it has a negative: It's a reflection of heavy expenditure on players and the club's need to manage cash flows responsibly.