Goal of the month December 2006 - best month ever?

Yagami

Good post resistant
I remember Taylor doing an interview after and saying that must be the unluckiest goal of the month contender in the world, pretty sure he had a few other bangers like that, always eclipsed by another goal, but he didn't see anyone beating that one until he saw Scholes strike :lol:
He and his co-commentator mention the abundance of quality goals that month after Scholes':

Skills

Snitch
I remember Taylor doing an interview after and saying that must be the unluckiest goal of the month contender in the world, pretty sure he had a few other bangers like that, always eclipsed by another goal, but he didn't see anyone beating that one until he saw Scholes strike :lol:
He's scored another which was almost identical to that. It's weirdly uncanny to find yourself in the situation to take a shot like that, and then also bang it in.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Essien's is great but the camera angle really makes it look so fantastic.

For me, the Scholes one was the best, purely because I've tried it a 100 times over the years, never scored and even missed the ball a few times!
In terms of pure technique, Huddlestone’s is easily hardest for me.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
13.5 years. I remember all those goals like it was yesterday. Took me a while to react to Scholes' goal because I couldn't believe he scored. Ronaldo was also great in that match.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
It's weird to look back at these goals and also remember just how dominant the EPL teams were during that time. All of the top 4 teams were amongst the best in Europe, maybe even they were the top 4 in Europe.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
April 2015 was a decent one if I recall.

I specifically remember in one weekend you had these 5 goals:

Bobby Zamora

Wayne Rooney

Charlie Adam

Jermaine Defoe

Alexis Sanchez

All in one weekend.

Chabon

Scholes won goal of the month and also the season. Incredible goal.
The actual winner of goal of the season that year wasn't even a screamer, maybe because there was so many memorable strikes from distance but nothing else quite like this:

Ronaldo in his own box, imagine that.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Mental collection of goals. Is it just me or are there far less screamer's scored these days?
The balls have changed. They move less in the air and make it easy for keepers to save long range attempts

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
13.5 years. I remember all those goals like it was yesterday. Took me a while to react to Scholes' goal because I couldn't believe he scored. Ronaldo was also great in that match.
Won player of the month November and December. He ripped fullback after fullback in that stretch.

SAFMUTD

Damn it seams like a season long best goal compilation, the best IMO was Scholes unstopable shot.

OldTrevil

Absolute beauties all of them. I would go Essien, Scholes, Drogba in that order with Essien's winning mainly due to being in a much tougher game.

The Scholes one is a classic though, one of my favorites. I can't forget the moment, as soon as the ball bounced in the air towards the 18-yard line, I was thinking 'perfect for a first-time Scholesy finish' , and the goal was better than I imagined hitting the bar and bouncing in.

Overall the football we played around that period was a joy to watch. Unfortunate that Saha could not stay fit as he was key in most of our great attacking moves, but I digress.

Robertd0803

That Essien goal was so stupidly good it was hard to be pissed off Chelsea got a draw that day. Mind the 1-1 draw in the same fixture later in the season made up for it ;)

That Chelsea side were so fecking good it made beating them all the sweeter.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Although drifting slightly off topic who remembers the goal Erik Edman scored at Anfield in 2005? He was basically on the sideline near the half way line and still smashed it in.

Edit: I remembered that wrong he was actually more in the middle but still a sensational strike.

Achilles McCool

The balls have changed. They move less in the air and make it easy for keepers to save long range attempts
Correct. The ball was juiced!!!
Abromovich probably pumped the balls full of Russian helium to help Chelsea! Just look at Lampard’s goal. He wasn’t a very good goalscorer and rarely struck a ball “sweetly” but in that season Frank was getting an assist from Papa Roman (I’ve heard Tom Brady learned his technique from the Chelsea cheats...is this correct @duffer ?)
God, I hope Duffy takes the bait!

thepolice123

Even before watching the video, I knew there would be a Matty Taylor strike in it. Felt like that guy was scoring worldies almost every week.

Mr Smith

Just watched the below. There's a good argument that 06/07 produced the best year for spectacular goals ever.