Goalkeepers rolling around to stop play

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Does my head in. De Gea loves doing it. Loads of them do it. VAR 100% did the right thing there today. Let the play run, look back and see if anything was foul worthy that caused the goalkeeper to start rolling around. Stopping play during a dangerous sequence because of a player faking injury is complete bullshit IMO.

At the risk of sounding all "football is too soft, man up etc etc" but... fecking hell he needs to toughen up and players need to stop rolling around for something that shouldn't even cause them to fall over. There's almost no injury that cause a player to actually roll around. Almost all of the knocks they suffer they should be able to brave through. Which is what De Gea should've done. 100% at fault for me.

Herman Toothrot

Probably thinks he's been fouled by an Arsenal player. Usually keeper goes down and play is stopped... Weird one.

AndySmith1990

Never mind 'keepers doing it, I can't stand any players doing it. It's embarrassing to see fully grown men rolling about pretending to be in agony, only to jump up the second they get a freekick. I've never understood why it's not been clamped down on.

Gazautd18

Thing is. Dave actually turns his back to the play.
Sportsmanship gone wrong.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Never mind 'keepers doing it, I can't stand any players doing it. It's embarrassing to see fully grown men rolling about pretending to be in agony, only to jump up the second they get a freekick. I've never understood why it's not been clamped down on.
This guy is correct.

bosnian_red

Thing is. Dave actually turns his back to the play.
Sportsmanship gone wrong.
Trick goalkeepers use to pretend like they're in so much pain that there's no way they can participate in the game during that sequence. Complete bullshit mo

Oranges038

Yeap, grown men rolling round and play acting is embarrassing.

I'd put a rule in that if you are down for more than 30 seconds and you don't need treatment you get booked.

bosnian_red

Yup. Pain does not equal roll around in agony. Very few things in life actually cause you to roll around in agony. I can't think of anything where you would actually be able to get up and keep playing football after it being worthy of rolling around in agony.