Film Godzilla vs. Kong

Andy_Cole

Just watched Godzilla king of the monsters. I’m ready for this now.

My son loves the series too. We’ve been play fighting, he’s Godzilla and I’m King Kong.

20solskjaer

Just watched Godzilla king of the monsters. I’m ready for this now.

My son loves the series too. We’ve been play fighting, he’s Godzilla and I’m King Kong.
he obviously kicks your wimpy ass then?

#TeamGodzilla

lsd

The Oracle
The trailer looks horrible. I really cannot understand how anyone could be entertained by garbage like this.

It's just more big budget paint by numbers movie making throw in a handful of soevial effect moments you think fan boys will froth over with the usual bland cast and a dumb plotline that is not even remotely involving

Cloud7

The trailer looks horrible. I really cannot understand how anyone could be entertained by garbage like this.

It's just more big budget paint by numbers movie making throw in a handful of soevial effect moments you think fan boys will froth over with the usual bland cast and a dumb plotline that is not even remotely involving
You sound like a fun person to be around

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
If you can't get openly sexually aroused by big feckin monsters beating each other up then I don't know what to say

evil_geko

Why are people bothered if someone likes to watch this? It's a dumb fun monster romp where plot doesn't matter much.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think everyone here is well aware that this will be absolute schlock.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Team Godzilla an I don’t care if he( or she?) is the most evil lizard and wants to destroy cities. That King Kong Godzilla movie from the 60s was replayed in the 70s and was a big deal. Godzilla lost and I’ve never gotten over it.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
The final 3rd will play out like a team-up movie.
I figured that. Maybe Godzilla gets the upper hand before the team up
And please please let’s hope there is no baby Godzilla that made the original movies jump the shark.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If there isn’t a scantily clad woman being jostled around for half the movie, then I don’t see how this could have any artistic merit.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Looks stupid, ridiculously over the top and utterly awful. I'm totally going to watch and enjoy it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The last one was a headache. Godzilla 2014 was alot more watchable.
Neither beat the recent Shin Godzilla though.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Come on, haven't the film makers heard of the square cube law ? :lol:

lsd

The Oracle
Why are people bothered if someone likes to watch this? It's a dumb fun monster romp where plot doesn't matter much.

Why are people bothered by stupidity?

They see what stupidity like this leads too for one thing. If people keep supporting garbage like this you end up getting more and more garbage until there is nothing but garbage

Superunknown

Can't wait for my man ZillaG to tear Kong a new one.

#TeamGodzilla
#YouhavenoauthorityhereKongnoneatall

Cloud7

There are few people in the world further up their own backside than movie 'connoisseurs'

Cloud7

Bite your tongue he's very human. He's more human than some humans. Do you not believe in evolution? Last time a checked we didn't evolve from a lizard.
You make some fair points, but in this context I'm still team Godzilla. See my posted image above.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
You make some fair points, but in this context I'm still team Godzilla. See my posted image above.
SHOWA SERIES
Godzilla 1954
Lost to the Humans in the 1954 film after he was liquified
Second Generation Showa Godzilla
Buried under Ice by the Humans in the 1955 film
The first Time Godzilla lost to another Kaiju was in 1962, when he Lost to King Kong (Wow so many angry comments are coming).
Lost to Mothra in 1964
Lost to Mothra again in 1966
Lost to Mechagodzilla in 1974
HEISEI SERIES
Dumped into a Volcano in 1984
Dumped into the Ocean in 1991
Dumped into the Ocean AGAIN in 1992
Electrocuted to near death in 1993
Owned by SpaceGodzilla in 1994
Frozen in 1995
MILLENNIUM SERIES
Megaguirus Godzilla
Pulled into a Black Hole
GMK Godzilla
Knocked into the Ocean
Exploded
Kiryu Saga Godzilla
Driven off by the Abseloute Zero Cannon in 2004
Dumped in to the Ocean in 2003
Final Wars Godzilla
Locked up in Antarctica
REJWA SERIES
Shin Godzilla
Frozen
Godzilla Earth
Locked up under the Himalayas by the Humans in the Prequel Novels
MONSTER-VERSE SERIES
Owned by The Oxygen Destroyer

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Looks like they had to beef up Kong considerably for this match-up. What more radiation?? Can't help thinking this has a Batman v Superman kinda vibe to it, where Batman really has no right to be sharing any screen time with Superman. But I'll play along. And of course, only a cinema screen would be the only place to watch the carnage.

Amarsdd

Looks like they had to beef up Kong considerably for this match-up. What more radiation?? Can't help thinking this has a Batman v Superman kinda vibe to it, where Batman really has no right to be sharing any screen time with Superman. But I'll play along. And of course, only a cinema screen would be the only place to watch the carnage.
The Skull Island movie was set in the 70s where they mentioned a couple of time Kong was still in his adolescent years. So might have grown up a bit in the following 50 years. Well, thats what their logic is.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The Skull Island movie was set in the 70s where they mentioned a couple of time Kong was still in his adolescent years. So might have grown up a bit in the following 50 years. Well, thats what their logic is.
Makes sense.

starman

The last one spent too long on pointless human storylines, hopefully this one doesn't fall into the same trap.

Not sure if i am ready to go back and sit in a Cinema by its release, but you do really need to see a film like this in the cinema, shame its not shot in imax though.

Robertd0803

Team Godzilla an I don’t care if he( or she?) is the most evil lizard and wants to destroy cities. That King Kong Godzilla movie from the 60s was replayed in the 70s and was a big deal. Godzilla lost and I’ve never gotten over it.
I read somewhere the Japanese version of the film has it portrayed as Godzilla winning while the US version has the ending making it appear Kong won.

evil_geko

The last one spent too long on pointless human storylines, hopefully this one doesn't fall into the same trap.

Not sure if i am ready to go back and sit in a Cinema by its release, but you do really need to see a film like this in the cinema, shame its not shot in imax though.
Every one of these movies have pointless human storylines, even old Japanese classic ones. They just have to keep it to a minimum. :)