Film Godzilla vs. Kong

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I've bashed superhero movies a lot but this I won't bash. This is the kind of "dumb entertainment" I do enjoy. Looking forward to some good action.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
As if anybody cares about the human sub plots in this. Godzilla is fighting King Kong, what more do you need.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Godzilla's mate may very well be a Ape after this film.
I'm expecting a tired trope team-up scenario in the last 3rd of the film.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
As if anybody cares about the human sub plots in this. Godzilla is fighting King Kong, what more do you need.
It will just end up with some scientist saying; "Perhaps...we are the real monsters."

Yeah yeah, now let Donkey Kong and the Dragon batter the shit out of each other.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It will just end up with some scientist saying; "Perhaps...we are the real monsters."

Yeah yeah, now let Donkey Kong and the Dragon batter the shit out of each other.
"perhaps the real monsters were the friends we made along the way"

RedDevilRoshi

Is this some sort of remake of the 1960s Japanese Godzilla vs Kong movie?

Also team Kong all the way, feck shitty Godzilla

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I can barely remember the last Zilla film.

edit:
Is that the one where the Scientists dive into Atlantis and blow him ,and it, up to revive him ? :lol:

Bojan11

I muted it at the start of the fighting between King Kong and Godzilla and played the Mortal Komabt theme.

It improved it markedly
What is that?

That reminds me there is a Mortal Kombat film coming out this year.

Cloud7

Ahh man, the latest Godzilla movies have been brilliant. Really excited for this. Team Godzilla.

Eddy_JukeZ

The music choice was atrocious.

Love seeing Kong wield his own stormbreaker :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I just hope they focus more on Kong and Godzilla and not on the rubbish human stuff that NOBODY wants to see.

Team Godzilla baby!

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I can barely remember the last Zilla film.

edit:
Is that the one where the Scientists dive into Atlantis and blow him ,and it, up to revive him ? :lol:
I don't think I watched the last film but that's a weird creative direction to take

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
From what I understand Godzilla for some reason is the bad guy in this one. And the events of the second Godzilla film are what brought Kong off his island.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
From what I understand Godzilla for some reason is the bad guy in this one. And the events of the second Godzilla film are what brought Kong off his island.
Isnt Godzilla, in this series, one that is depicted as restoring order to the world. Your typical Anti-Hero to a degree.

I know he is depicted as a villain and a hero over history. Just would find it weird, or too much of a flip, for him to be a villain all of a sudden.

prob pesky humans done something to make him flip or something - but that is weak enough. Be interesting how they play this out.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Isnt Godzilla, in this series, one that is depicted as restoring order to the world. Your typical Anti-Hero to a degree.

I know he is depicted as a villain and a hero over history. Just would find it weird, or too much of a flip, for him to be a villain all of a sudden.

prob pesky humans done something to make him flip or something - but that is weak enough. Be interesting how they play this out.
Yeah I agree in the last one he came across as a decent bloke if I remember rightly. So maybe somethings made him change? I dunno.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Yeah I agree in the last one he came across as a decent bloke if I remember rightly. So maybe somethings made him change? I dunno.
Ya. Definitely something interjects to make him defend the world/his territory again. I’m looking forward to it anyway!

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Kong vs Mind Controlled Godzilla, neither will win, then Godzilla will be freed and the pair will team up against whatever Monsters (Mecha Godzilla probably) the mind controller unleash on the world in their nefarious plans. What I reckon will be the plot. One so hokey that it needs not be worried or talked about. Now lets watch some monsters battle and smash shit.

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
No one cares about the human narrative, so just have a 30 minute movie of Godzilla and Monkey-man punch eachother.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Looks like absolute toss.
I have respect for Garth Edwards first Godzilla film. I think his execution for the most part was effective in building up tension , while giving the monsters a great sense of grandness and prestige. Garth clearly had alot of admiration for the kaiju world and it's history within popular culture. Sure the human characters were bland for the most part but I think the direction was successful in seeing these other-worldly creatures go at it from their perspective was well-done.

Plus, it had some interesting and original use of imagery and sound design. The film , in that department, wasn't totally familiar/generic.

The new Kong and the 2nd Godzilla film were pretty bland though, with the later giving me a headache. So I expect this to follow suit.