Film Godzilla vs. Kong

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Every one of these movies have pointless human storylines, even old Japanese classic ones. They just have to keep it to a minimum. :)
The original american version with Raymond Burr had a great storyline though.

evil_geko

Here is a snippet of new footage where Godzilla bitchslaps Kong for people that complained about pro-Kong trailer. :D

Sylar

Looks like they had to beef up Kong considerably for this match-up. What more radiation?? Can't help thinking this has a Batman v Superman kinda vibe to it, where Batman really has no right to be sharing any screen time with Superman. But I'll play along. And of course, only a cinema screen would be the only place to watch the carnage.
They will bond after learning they both have girlfriends names mothra

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It really shouldn't be hard to not make this really shit, but after the other installments I have full confidence that they will have found a way.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Saw this today, not bad at all, plenty of action and very little pointless human story.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It is out in some countries. But it’s out in most countries on the 31st. So anyone discussing it before then please use the spoiler box. So can you spoil that Berba.
You team dong or are you supporting the losing team?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Really nervous about this one. I really want Godzilla to win or at least draw to get rid of the demons of losing the first one. It’s like a pre- match thread

Sylar

Really nervous about this one. I really want Godzilla to win or at least draw to get rid of the demons of losing the first one. It’s like a pre- match thread
Whos ground is it on?

Bojan11

When did we establish Godzilla likes x box? You’d think he would be a big Sony fan wouldn’t you?
Disappointed. I expect it from Ashley, but not you to fall for stereotypes. Not everyone in Japan likes Sony. There are a lot of Xbox fans and they are rising in numbers due to Jim ignoring Japan. Godzilla is green in the comics, and what gaming brand goes with green? You are welcome.

Sylar

Starting to appear at places for the purposes of reporting to authorities.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
It is a very stupid film. I feel like I imagine I'd feel after watching Ecks VS Sever. It ain't no Tucker & Dale VS Evil, that's for sure.

evil_geko

This was much better than I expected to be honest. Good stuff, even humans weren't as annoying as usual, also the length was perfect, haven't felt overly long, maybe even kinda short.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It was practically a fighting sim in the last 3rd. Half expecting the words Round 2 ! FIGHT!! to flash up on the screen.
Still, the fights were effective and enjoyable, and fundamentally the sole reason for the film. There was a good sense of weight to the titans and their surroundings, so I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a visual effects nom in the award season.

evil_geko

It was practically a fighting sim in the last 3rd. Half expecting the words Round 2 ! FIGHT!! to flash up on the screen.
Still, the fights were effective and enjoyable, and fundamentally the sole reason for the film. There was a good sense of weight to the titans and their surroundings, so I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a visual effects nom in the award season.
That is pretty much the point of these movies, people just want to see the fights, no one cares about awfully written human stories in it.

Sylar

That. Was. Awesome.

Seeing titans bash each other is so much fun. The human stories were meh as expected, but it served a purpose for the two stories going on (and they at least had meaning at the end)
But seeing them kick and punch the shit out of each other and destroy stuff (esp HK) was awesome.

My favourite part of the movie was when

Godzilla had his foot on Kongs chest, and they both roared at each other that they both have a mother named Martha, which lead godzilla to leaving him.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
That. Was. Awesome.

Seeing titans bash each other is so much fun. The human stories were meh as expected, but it served a purpose for the two stories going on (and they at least had meaning at the end)
But seeing them kick and punch the shit out of each other and destroy stuff (esp HK) was awesome.

My favourite part of the movie was when

Godzilla had his foot on Kongs chest, and they both roared at each other that they both have a mother named Martha, which lead godzilla to leaving him.
I'm going to a real Imax for this one. They just started opening up movie theaters in my neighborhood. :drool:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Godzilla "Why did you say that name? Mothra? Why did you say that name? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?"