Film Godzilla vs. Kong

Sylar

So where did the light come from in the center of the earth? Is there no night?
Wouldn't it be so hot when it was formed? So that's where the light comes from? :lol: ..

Or let's not think about it

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Wouldn't it be so hot when it was formed? So that's where the light comes from? :lol: ..

Or let's not think about it
But not so hot that it vaporizes Kong, the humans, or the plant life?

Easy there.
Look, I'm not asking about how they recreated the blue matter energy source without a sample or something. Just how there is light inside of the hollow earth. :nervous:

RORY65

I'm not sure what some people were expecting from Godzilla vs Kong but I thought it was enjoyable enough. It's obviously spectacularly silly but it's fun to see proper actors like Rebecca Hall saying the most ridiculous shit, the human characters in this one were less annoying than in the previous 2 Godzilla movies and the CGI is decent even though both Godzilla and Kong seem to change in size every time they're on screen.

predator

Youth NITK
The special effects were incredible, especially those underwater fight scenes.

The storyline was pretty bad though. It became so precitable towards the last 30 mins.

Still worth a watch purely for the fight scenes.

Dante

Average bang
I thought Godzilla was too overpowered for it to feel like a fair fight with Kong. The result always felt like a foregone conclusion. It was also a bit anti-climactic when Godzilla had a chance to kill Kong but then just walked away.

Maybe I'm being naive about major Hollywood franchises, but I wanted to see the two of them in actual peril from each other. Instead, all we got was one stronger monster fighting a weaker monster, with both of them pulling their punches at the final moment.

But it was decent for what it was. Had all the energy of a 2 hour long trailer, which I think is what they were going for.

Last edited:

Sylar

I thought Godzilla was too overpowered for it to feel like a fair fight with Kong. The result always felt like a foregone conclusion. It was also a bit anti-climactic when Godzilla had a chance to kill Kong but then just walked away.

Maybe I'm being naive about major Hollywood franchises, but I wanted to see the two of them in actual peril from each other. Instead, all we got was one stronger monster fighting a weaker monster, with both of them pulling their punches at the final moment.

But it was decent for what it was. Had all the energy of a 2 hour long trailer, which I think is what they were going for.
Godzilla should be more powerful IMO. I think they did a good job with that whilst still showing Kong is smart to be able to take advantage in what should be a demolition

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Just got around to watching this yesterday.

You know when occasionally a ridiculous movie script surfaces online? Like that Jurassic Park sequel where they wanted the raptors to go around shooting everyone with machine guns and fighting giant spiders (or something)? This was like one of those, except some madman decided to actually make it.

It got so caught up in its own ridiculousness that literally evey ohter aspect of the film got left behind. I mean, was there a single character in this film that there was any point in them actually being in the film?

The fight scene on the boats was actually pretty cool. In fact if they'd just cut every single part of the film out apart from the fight scenes, including the scenes that set up why the fight scenes happened, I think I'd have been just as happy...but you know, its the sort of thing where if it was a cartoon or comic, or random acid trip, by the end you're thinking "well that was a bit much really"

I just tried to explain the plot to this film to my mum over the phone

"Yeah so then Kong travelled to a secret planet inside the middle of the earth, and collected a giant magic axe to fight Godzilla with, except Godzilla somehow knew Kong was there so then used his fire breath to breathe a hole down to the middle of the planet, and then Kong climbed out of the hole and back to the surface to fight Godzilla, and then they had a fight to the death but Godzilla didn't kill Kong in the end because it turned out both their mum's had the same name, but then another robot Godzilla turned up and they both had to fight that instead.

And I mean, if anything I'm toning the ridiculousness down a notch.

Cal?

CR7 fan

Godzilla is way more powerful, at least they took away the atomic pulse that he used in the last film on Ghidorah.