Golf 2019

Ainu

With the way Woodland had been playing in majors in recent years, you could say this was coming. Impressive performance from him. As for Koepka, what can you say? I'll be surprised if he doesn't finish on 10+ majors. Ridiculous consistency in majors, he hasn't finished lower than tied 2nd in his last 4, winning half of them. :houllier: These things can change quickly and I'm sure I thought something similar about Spieth backin 2015, but Koepka just seems to have something extra.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Back in my days as a part time Uber driver while paralegalling at global law firms, I met a gentlemen who's son works as a performance sports scientist and works with some pretty big players in the golfing world. He worked with Rory in assisting him with improving his torque to get larger driving distances and not cripple his back ala Tiger.

When Rory first came to see him, he was pumping out something like 95 (what ever the measurement for it was) and they managed to get him upwards of around 110-115. He said, that was a dramatic improvement and they were extremely happy, but it was nowhere near Tiger in his prime. Apparently peak Tiger was somewhere up around 135-140 which they said just boiled down to freakish genetics.
That sounds like the swing speed which is measured in mph.

Dyslexic Untied

Impressive run from Koepka. Although I find him and his game a bit boring, he is just such an athlete and sportsman. The type that you know would be just as great at another sport if he hadn't chosen golf.

From a personal point of view it was fantastic to see how well Viktor Hovland did in another major. He turns pro today and he looks like he could on to do really great things. He led the field from tee this weekend, can shape the ball both ways and has that Roryish height to even his long irons that comes in handy. He also seems to have the right mindset and improves when things are at stake.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Impressive run from Koepka. Although I find him and his game a bit boring, he is just such an athlete and sportsman. The type that you know would be just as great at another sport if he hadn't chosen golf.

From a personal point of view it was fantastic to see how well Viktor Hovland did in another major. He turns pro today and he looks like he could on to do really great things. He led the field from tee this weekend, can shape the ball both ways and has that Roryish height to even his long irons that comes in handy. He also seems to have the right mindset and improves when things are at stake.
There are some very intriguing amateurs now turning pro. Hovland and Matt Wolff leading the charge. Matt Wolff has the ultimate modern swing, be very intriguing to see how he deals with life on the tour.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs

Hovland was 32nd at the Masters now 12th in the US Open. That’s incredibly impressive from an amateur.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Hovland was 32nd at the Masters now 12th in the US Open. That’s incredibly impressive from an amateur.
These guys are of such a high standard now they’re pretty much pros a year or two before they actually become professional.

Dyslexic Untied

Yeah, it’s special. He’ll play the next four PGA events so will be interesting to see how he continues.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
What is going on with Speith? Missed the cut at the Travellers and seriously looks nothing like the player that set world alight in 2015.
He's a spoilt brat and thinks the world is against him and that's always in his mind so his game has gone to shit

Rooney24

The Open is going to be interesting. Hopefully Rory can finally win a major again on home turf.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Will be going to The Open tomorrow, cant wait :)

Have a few bets on for a bit of interest throughout the field of players.

Schauffele, Rose & Fleetwood. I have back Fleetwood all year and he hasn't done much but I cant NOT back him now in case he wins something :lol:

ChrisNelson

Is there any recovery from +4 after 1 hole? I know in theory he could still have 71 holes to play but he's going to have to play the round/s of his life from here, fault free golf under immense pressure.

Best he can hope for is get back to even par, possibly -1 or -2 and see where that puts him on the leader board, might get some luck if the weather turns iffy for the later starters.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Couldn't have imagined anything worse for Rory, feel sorry for him.. If he wasn't feeling under pressure already he will be bricking it to at least make the cut

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just keeps getting worse for Rory! Lost another ball it looks like, 3rd off the tee on the 5th! Nasty stuff.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Was only 4/1. I was tempted last night as thought he was too short outright, didn’t bet as was hoping for bigger odds.
That's a good price for missing a cut tbh, not as good as I've had expected with all the buzz about him before hand though, thought he'd be closer to 6/1 - 7/1 tbh.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I was in between Rose and Rory. Glad I chose Rose.

Robert Macyntire has been excellent on European tour this year. Delighted he's made a good start. 200/1 EW helps :drool:

Rooney24

Really needs to claw back to atleast par today imo
Im not so sure. There is a lot of fluctuation in the scores. But one things for sure he cant fall any further behind. If he finishes within 5 or 6 shots of the lead at the end of today he would probably be happy enough given how he started.