Golf 2019

diarm

Sickened not to be watching this tonight. Would love to see Lowry close it out from here!

Carolina Red

Staff
The weather is supposed to deteriorate overnight and make tomorrow what you’d except out of an Open Championship final round.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
It isn’t the lowest but I’m not sure there’s ever been a better round in a major than Lowry’s there. Was virtually in zero trouble the entire round and could have had even more birdies. Incredible performance.

Kag

Silly golf from Lowry. It’s his to throw away tomorrow.

I’m hoping for some killer wind.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Koepka in his post round interview said he’s actually hoping for bad weather tomorrow.
He needs it. Lowry or Fleetwood will never ever lose it in good weather. The only chance the chasing pack have is bad weather and Lowry shoots +3 or something and one of the chasers has the round of their lives.

Kag

He needs it. Lowry or Fleetwood will never ever lose it in good weather. The only chance the chasing pack have is bad weather and Lowry shoots +3 or something and one of the chasers has the round of their lives.
Pretty much. From a competitive point of view, Lowry sitting on around -13 would have made it a little more interesting for the neutral.

But then we would have missed out on one of the all time great major rounds. Sometimes a player just turns up and plays tremendously; nothing wrong with that.

diarm

The average ranking of every Open winner ever is 33 and the average age is 32.4

Lowry is ranked 33 in the world and is aged 32.4

Can't say this wasn't on the cards!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
The average ranking of every Open winner ever is 33 and the average age is 32.4

Lowry is ranked 33 in the world and is aged 32.4

Can't say this wasn't on the cards!
Seen this earlier. Don't even know how people find this stuff out.

Winds starting to pick up now, hopefully Lowry drops 1/2 early to give others some hope.

diarm

Hard to think of four more popular winners than the current 4 atop the leaderboard. I'm shouting for Lowry obviously but any of Fleetwood, Westwood or Fowler would be a great winner!

Carolina Red

Staff
Hard to think of four more popular winners than the current 4 atop the leaderboard. I'm shouting for Lowry obviously but any of Fleetwood, Westwood or Fowler would be a great winner!
I was just thinking the same thing. I’ve never really had an opinion one way or another on Westwood, but I genuinely like Fowler, Fleetwood, and Lowry.

One thing I really like about Fleetwood is that he plays like a normal golfer, he just does it with extreme consistency. Hits the same shot, every time, and just plays it exactly where he wants it.

diarm

"If it wasn't for bad luck, these two players would have no luck" says the commentator.

That's Brooks "17 majors in 3 years" Koepka he's talking about.

Kag

Can’t help but think there’s something a bit soft about Fleetwood. He’s a wonderful ball striker but his lack of wins and flakiness definitely paint a bit of a picture.

Hope I’m wrong, as he’s a major winner all day long.

diarm

It's like Koepka has saved up every bad golf shot from the last three years to use in todays final round.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I was just thinking the same thing. I’ve never really had an opinion one way or another on Westwood, but I genuinely like Fowler, Fleetwood, and Lowry.

One thing I really like about Fleetwood is that he plays like a normal golfer, he just does it with extreme consistency. Hits the same shot, every time, and just plays it exactly where he wants it.
Plays like a normal golfer? Shanks it into the woods twice off the first tee, continues that kind of form the rest of the way round and running out of balls around the 15th?

I sorta get what you mean though, like no nonsense golfer, pretty basic shots, nothing overly showboaty.

Carolina Red

Staff
Plays like a normal golfer? Shanks it into the woods twice off the first tee, continues that kind of form the rest of the way round and running out of balls around the 15th?
I mean, I don’t play like that :lol:

Maybe I shoulda said “average golfer”.
I sorta get what you mean though, like no nonsense golfer, pretty basic shots, nothing overly showboaty.
Yes, yes, that’s exactly what I was getting at.

Charlie Foley

9 irons and Wedges on a 198 yard par 3 :lol:

I don’t care if there is a 25mph wind, it’s crazy what these guys yardages are.
Can you explain why the club choice there is unusual? I know feck all about golf and am stuck watching with my girlfriend's/your wife's family and I'm not arsed asking them :lol:

diarm

Can you explain why the club choice there is unusual? I know feck all about golf and am stuck watching with my girlfriend's/your wife's family and I'm not arsed asking them :lol:
Your average human being hits a 9 iron about 100 yards.

arnie_ni

What have you all thought of the course?

Interested to here your opinions, its about 2 hours up the road from me.

Would love to be able to play golf.

diarm

What have you all thought of the course?

Interested to here your opinions, its about 2 hours up the road from me.

Would love to be able to play golf.
Impeccable really. Beautiful scenery, immaculate fairways, interesting and challenging run off areas around the greens and wicked rough. What more could you want?

arnie_ni

Impeccable really. Beautiful scenery, immaculate fairways, interesting and challenging run off areas around the greens and wicked rough. What more could you want?
Hopefully provides a real boost to the toruism in the country and we get a few more tournys