Golf 2019

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

:lol:
This is quintessential scenario for the unwritten rule of always standing behind your playing partners on every shot. It gets a bit crowded on the 13th. tee box & potentially nine people will be back there with three tour-size golf bags, plus Johnson is a fecking major tourney winner, no one expects anything like this to happen.

Thankfully Johnson was able to replay his first shot due to no intent on his practice swing.

The Purley King

Pretty happy with my picks on Thursday of molinari at 20/1 and schauffele at 40/1 (got a price boost from paddy’s).
Also had another cheeky tenner each way on schauffele yesterday at 100/1 after he’d only played a couple of holes.
Main bet was on mcilroy so think that is dead but would be nice if schauffele won!
Fascinating leaderboard at the moment easily the tightest I can remember for the last few years. Going to be a great couple of days......

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Absolutely bonkers leaderboard 8 players on - 7 at the moment

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I fecking hate sky sports coverage of Masters.

Everyone is out playing, a lot of golf shots to watch.

But no, let’s watch Rich Beem commentate on a piss take round of Rich Beem.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Tiger at 6 under. Hoping he makes another push today and no silly mistakes. Was unlucky yesterday a few times but his play on that back nine was scrumptious at times.

Jazz

This. Annoying as hell.

Gee Male

BBC and Sky show the same coverage, just different commentary. Coverage is dictated by Augusta

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

This. Annoying as hell.
Just realises BBC have it.

I’ve jumped to terrestrial TV.
BBC lads. feck sky
It's not Sky it's the pretentious fecknuggets at Augusta who heavily restrict what can be broadcast and don't allow them to show play from certain holes or certain times.

The same pompous assholes who dictate that the commentators can't say "rough" and have to call it the "second cut" and fans/crowds/spectators must be called "patrons".

I love the tournament and the course is the stuff of dreams but the people who run it can go feck themselves with a broom wrapped in coarse sandpaper.

Jazz

Tiger has a chance at an eagle.

Jazz

Didn't make the eagle but another birdie for Tiger. 1 behind now

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Interesting, I didn't know any of that. Wankers
Yep, also mobile phones and cameras are banned, fans are not allowed to wear their caps backwards and if they bring their own collapsible chairs they're not allowed to have arm rests. Because reasons.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Yet the players are allowed to wear fecking Air Max by the looks of it. Where’s the decorum.

Dan

Early start tomorrow.

Players will be grouped in threesomes with tee times scheduled to begin at 7:30 a.m. off the Nos. 1 and 10 tees. The leaders will tee off at 9:20 a.m. (14:20 GMT)

Jazz

I thought that was going in from Tiger! Anyway well done to him but I think Molinari will take some beating.

Nice way for Poulter to finish as well.

sallycinnamin

Fascinating watch. How much conditions will come into the equation tomorrow though remains to be seen. The quality of that leaderboard a relevant case could be made for so many players to win it. Looking forward to tomorrow.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Fascinating watch. How much conditions will come into the equation tomorrow though remains to be seen. The quality of that leaderboard a relevant case could be made for so many players to win it. Looking forward to tomorrow.
I think you’ve also got to take into account the Tiger factor. This isn’t 15 years ago, but we haven’t seen Tiger walk around with this ayre or confidence for a long, long time. That birdie at 14 yesterday was one of those real deal moments and you can see there’s a swagger to him.

As the commentators rightly point out, these boys have played with Tiger, but they haven’t been around him at the Masters when he’s in form and the pressure that comes with that.

I think it was Duval who said “ on our day we could beat Tiger... but there was no pressure like when he was in the final round of a major and breathing down your neck”

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's not Sky it's the pretentious fecknuggets at Augusta who heavily restrict what can be broadcast and don't allow them to show play from certain holes or certain times.

The same pompous assholes who dictate that the commentators can't say "rough" and have to call it the "second cut" and fans/crowds/spectators must be called "patrons".

I love the tournament and the course is the stuff of dreams but the people who run it can go feck themselves with a broom wrapped in coarse sandpaper.
Gary McCord has not been able to commentate with the rest of his CBS colleagues since 1994, he has been excommunicated by the Masters for having the gall to describe the17th. green that year as having been ‘bikini-waxed’ as it was very fast that year. He also made light of the 17th. green that year as having ‘body bags’ behind it, signifying that the golfers who missed the green on their approach found it impossible to recover from.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ers-gary-mccord-cbs-augusta-national/2074379/

Two on-air lines from McCord, plus a cnutish Tom Watson, spelled doom for McCord, he hasn’t been back to The Masters since.

Patrons also cannot run on the course at any time. It always was a daily early morning highlight watching out of shape patrons speed walking as fast as they could once on the grounds & through the gates, carrying multiple folding spectator chairs in order to get them set up wherever they could. There is a gentleman’s agreement that started decades ago which allows for the patrons to plant their empty spectator chairs anywhere behind the ropes & none of them get fecked with or moved by another spectator; most are used by other spectators early in the round. When the chairs’ owners returned, its occupants would get up & move. And, through the years, certain patrons with chairs would get specific front row chair locations by specific greens / tees. It was actually possible to see the same patrons in the same chairs on specific days by the 16th. tee, the 17th. green, the 5th. green, the 12th. tee, etc. Some spectator locations have become bleachers in recent years, the saving of bleacher seats for specific patrons still exists.

AGNC also imports hundreds upon hundreds of bloomed, mostly mature azalea bushes & plant them the week prior to the tournament to ensure that there will be color on the television screens during the tournament. They also utilize a freezing method for the azaleas to try to timed bloom. It has dyed its bodies of water on the course blue in the past, not sure if it is still done nowadays.

The Masters / Augusta National Golf Club is its own breed, for better or for worse.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Rich fecking Beem as a Sky Sports commentator, I haven’t heard that name in years. He’s about as obscure a major winner could possibly be.

Is he just in the booth for majors?

Jazz

It's going to be an awesome last day. I cannot wait.

I think it will be windy today? If so, that will surely play a part as well. Great Masters so far.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's going to be an awesome last day. I cannot wait.

I think it will be windy today? If so, that will surely play a part as well. Great Masters so far.
Feels like I am up early for the Open Championship. It’s good to see the threesomes & double tee to try to get the tourney completed today.

I would have liked to have seen the entire course with less moisture in the ground to have given all the shots more of a roll out. Hopefully it will be windy enough to make the course play a little tougher, especially from the mental standpoint. The more windy it becomes, the smaller the proper landing areas, most importantly on the greens. The less throwing darts on the greens, the more enjoyable the final round will be.

Jazz

Feels like I am up early for the Open Championship. It’s good to see the threesomes & double tee to try to get the tourney completed today.

I would have liked to have seen the entire course with less moisture in the ground to have given all the shots more of a roll out. Hopefully it will be windy enough to make the course play a little tougher, especially from the mental standpoint. The more windy it becomes, the smaller the proper landing areas, most importantly on the greens. The less throwing darts on the greens, the more enjoyable the final round will be.
Agree with all this.

Can't wait. Very excited to see how it all goes.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Early start tomorrow.

Players will be grouped in threesomes with tee times scheduled to begin at 7:30 a.m. off the Nos. 1 and 10 tees. The leaders will tee off at 9:20 a.m. (14:20 GMT)
Worth quoting in case anyone didn't realise early starts today, don't want to miss the fun.

Jazz

Am tuned in to BBC2. Only minutes to go. Can't wait for this!

Jazz

looks like they're birdies to be had out there. Conditions pretty ok for the moment.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That's a pretty mad statistic on Tiger they just mentioned on Sky, in all his 14 major victories, he's never come from behind to win, he's always led the way.

Jazz

That's a pretty mad statistic on Tiger they just mentioned on Sky, in all his 14 major victories, he's never come from behind to win, he's always led the way.
Yep. Hoping he changes it this time. Very excited for this.

Jazz

People having birdies left and right. Molinari will have a feast I bet.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Some great golf already today dechambeau hole in one, Phil close to an eagle I think from a mile out, stopped about 2cm short.

Woods is going into the trees. Possibly the stream!