Golf 2021

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Says the guy who responded to his own post.

Do yourself a favor and watch that clip of the European fans booing American players at the 2018 Ryder Cup. Or don’t. I really don’t care.
You are not getting it. When the Euro's do it it's cool bantz, but the American's are just being obnoxious.

To be clear, both sides do it and I have zero issues as long as it is not during the backswing.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Says the guy who responded to his own post.

Do yourself a favor and watch that clip of the European fans booing American players at the 2018 Ryder Cup. Or don’t. I really don’t care.
I don’t approve of that. Like I said it’s golf not football. However there is a nasty edge and a particular boorish aspect to some of the American Fan behavior.Its been there as long as I recall, back before Kiawah Island and the so called “war on the shore” in 91. Brookline in 99.
Trumpism before anyone heard of Trump.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Boo on these late start times.

My wife made her awesome pumpkin bread pudding and I sat down with a big bowl of that a giant mug of coffee and.....I have to wait an hour???

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Europe without doubt have an inferior team but I haven’t enjoyed Padraig’s answers all week about most things

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
at first I thought the side by side (golf on one, commercial on the other) was a great innovation that let us not miss play and let the networks show commercials. Unfortunately NBC has decided they can now show commercials 50% of the time. Abomination.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
at first I thought the side by side (golf on one, commercial on the other) was a great innovation that let us not miss play and let the networks show commercials. Unfortunately NBC has decided they can now show commercials 50% of the time. Abomination.
Wait till they start showing different commercials on both of them :lol:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
This has to be the biggest winning margin in a very long time.
Beyond humiliation

Ollie Derbyshire

Euro’s just need to claw it back to 18 for the US, only way to get something from this.

Wow, Rory very emotional good to see. US just to good.

Bertie Wooster

Golf isn't one of the 3 sports I really follow so apologies if this has been discussed here, but, looking at the rankings, there's quite a number of players in the top 70 or so not eligible for the Ryder Cup because they're from South Africa, Australia, Mexico, Canada, Japan, South Korea, etc.

With sport ever widening up nowadays, and giving the less traditional continents more opportunities, has there been talk of further extending the Ryder Cup to include players from Asia, Africa, Oceania, etc? And, if so, how they'd divide the newcomers to try and keep it fairly equal as it's been over the years since becoming Europe v USA?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Golf isn't one of the 3 sports I really follow so apologies if this has been discussed here, but, looking at the rankings, there's quite a number of players in the top 70 or so not eligible for the Ryder Cup because they're from South Africa, Australia, Mexico, Canada, Japan, South Korea, etc.

With sport ever widening up nowadays, and giving the less traditional continents more opportunities, has there been talk of further extending the Ryder Cup to include players from Asia, Africa, Oceania, etc? And, if so, how they'd divide the newcomers to try and keep it fairly equal as it's been over the years since becoming Europe v USA?
That's the Presidents cup which is the US vs the rest of the world (minus Europe) I think.

RORY65

Ah, thanks. So they've included them in a different tournament? That's a decent solution I guess.
If this continues for a while then it may become a point of discussion but Europe have won most of the recent Ryder Cups. The gulf in quality right now is absolutely vast, the Europeans might be able to trick up the home courses but it's difficult to see how they win in the US for a while.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This is getting out of hand. The record, at least in modern times, is 18.5 points if my googling is correct.

Bertie Wooster

If this continues for a while then it may become a point of discussion but Europe have won most of the recent Ryder Cups. The gulf in quality right now is absolutely vast, the Europeans might be able to trick up the home courses but it's difficult to see how they win in the US for a while.
True.

I wasn't really thinking of it in terms of helping either side. I just thought, with the way Sports generally now have to cater for all continents that compete - especially Asia with it's market and wealth - then continuing to exclude the (South) Africans, Asians, Oceania players might be an issue that's debated.

But I didn't know about the Presidents Cup, so I guess that's addressed the issue to an extent.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Morikawa is my favorite golfer out there right now, such a complete player. That iron game :eek:

Edit: Appropriate he seals the win

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What’s even more scarier is the level of people who didn’t even make the team for US like Horschel is higher than half of the European team

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'm a fairweather golf fan, but that was so timid from Europe. Lost every session, never even threatened a sniff of a fightback.

Great US side etc etc but it was a total let down of a spectacle.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I'm a fairweather golf fan, but that was so timid from Europe. Lost every session, never even threatened a sniff of a fightback.

Great US side etc etc but it was a total let down of a spectacle.
Yup . For all the hype about the Ryder cup the tournament needs to be competitive for it to work . With Europe having been on a nice run it’s good that US won but the one sidedness made it really boring

slyadams

Where is the next generation of European players going to come from? This side is ancient and the generation of Westwood, Garcia, Poulter, Casey, Rose is moving on, where are the stalwarts of the side going to come from? Rahm and McIlroy are here to stay, but aside from those 2 you can almost see the next 10 as being almost interchange every 2 years, which indicates a real lack of strength.

Could be a very bad run of RCs coming up.