Golf 2021

diarm

I love that Cobra called him out on it. Being told by your sponsor and the guys who run around dealing with all your bollocks to quit acting like an 8 year old must've been pretty chastening.

diarm

I'd say Justin Thomas playing the Open at St George in a hoodie is going down well.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I'd say Justin Thomas playing the Open at St George in a hoodie is going down well.
I can’t wait until it deteriorates to the point where I can wear a vest on course, it’s gonna be boiling this weekend when I play

diarm

I can’t wait until it deteriorates to the point where I can wear a vest on course, it’s gonna be boiling this weekend when I play
I played on Tuesday. Went out really early with one of those jumper/jacket tops on and shot 1 over through the first 5 holes.

By the time I was at the 6th it was fecking roasting but I couldn't take the top off because I was going so well and had convinced myself it would all fall apart if I did!

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I played on Tuesday. Went out really early with one of those jumper/jacket tops on and shot 1 over through the first 5 holes.

By the time I was at the 6th it was fecking roasting but I couldn't take the top off because I was going so well and had convinced myself it would all fall apart if I did!
I know exactly what you mean :lol:

Wilt

Finau lifting ball to check it ….wasn’t aware that was allowed

Deery

Dreary
Morikawa having a great day I could see him do even better the way he’s playing today..

Edit: he drops one :lol:

Carolina Red

Staff
I teed off on #1 today at 10:20am. It was every bit of 90*F / 32*C already. It was that point on a hot morning where the dew is starting to evaporate too, so it was massively humid. Almost too hot to golf.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I teed off on #1 today at 10:20am. It was every bit of 90*F / 32*C already. It was that point on a hot morning where the dew is starting to evaporate too, so it was massively humid. Almost to hot to golf.
This is not a thing if one correctly achieves the proper (cold beer/holes left to play) ratio.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I teed off on #1 today at 10:20am. It was every bit of 90*F / 32*C already. It was that point on a hot morning where the dew is starting to evaporate too, so it was massively humid. Almost too hot to golf.
we have the other problem where I went out and it was boiling then the back 9 was raining sideways and I was frozen

Carolina Red

Staff
we have the other problem where I went out and it was boiling then the back 9 was raining sideways and I was frozen
Those big temperature swings have to absolutely suck.

Do y’all not get a lot of lightning with the rain? If it rains here in the summertime, you’re basically guaranteed to get lightning so we have to clear the course.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Those big temperature swings have to absolutely suck.

Do y’all not get a lot of lightning with the rain? If it rains here in the summertime, you’re basically guaranteed to get lightning so we have to clear the course.
Occasionally but not a huge amount and even we do get storms a lot of the time there’s not lightning

rain on the other hand that’s a different story :lol:

Carolina Red

Staff
Occasionally but not a huge amount and even we do get storms a lot of the time there’s not lightning

rain on the other hand that’s a different story :lol:
Haha, yeah that’s what I love about The Open. I’m kinda disappointed in the sunny weather there this week.

I guess playing in those conditions you’re talking about is just about like playing in the fall over here. I’ve just never really gotten to play a lot in the fall because of coaching football. Gave that up though, so here we come!

I imagine all that rain leads to some nice, soft fairways and greens. Fairways here right now are getting hard. You have to develop a mid-summer irons swing that avoids taking a divot or you’ll have your wrist in a cast.

Wilt

Watching SKY with their remarkably boring commentators.

Peter Alliss, so sadly missed.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Morikawa surging now.

Spieth’s final round woes are showing up again. Ditto that for Oosthuisen
That was a brutal 7 for Oosthuisen. Bogie is actually a get result considering.

Good save from Spieth. I though he might melt down after the camera click.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
really unlucky for Spieth right there.

Agreed on Morikawa. If he had gotten a little more luck he could have been right there at the US Open too. And as type this he casually sticks it on the green on 11 and OH feck OOSTHUISEN ALMOST ACED IT!

Carolina Red

Staff
With what Morikawa is doing, it was gonna take something spectacular from Louis… and that’s just not his game. He is always in the running in majors because he’s a consistent Even to -3 every round. Well, barring a meltdown, that’s just not gonna beat what Morikawa (or Spieth) is doing today.