Golf 2022

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He’s got the game for it. Just long enough & a sniper with long irons.

This course doesn’t play into a long hitter’s hands. Only two par 5s, a couple of par fours that absolutely take driver out of hands, & a couple of short par fours. It’s a bit like Merion in that regard. It’s refreshing to see tour players having to hit middle to long irons in on par fours.

FriedClams

Just a genuinely likeable dude. Passes the pub test. He did a great YouTube video where he went back to his first golf club. Played some golf with the oldies and was just genuine.

when he does the Taylor Made videos with Tiger it’s hilarious. He’s just such a fan boy.
he’s a bit of a fan boy with Rory too when they do the long drive videos. I think with every young athlete who achieves success and riches really early, you’re always scared what it’ll do to their likeability and if their head will stay in the game. Every tournament that passes, it’s pretty clear that will never happen to him. As calodo mentioned, this course rewards the guys who can stick it with long irons and this kid is on his way to being the best ever at it.

he has a great chance next month too at St. Andrews, may even put him on 59 watch weather dependent.

FriedClams

Tee shot on 373 yard par 4, managed to catch the hill and roled to here. Missed eagle putt :(

FriedClams

I appreciate that I might not have given enough credit to you for this

Fair play mate. Well done

@FriedClams
Haha thank you. It’s a par 5 they were doing some work on so they’ve turned it into a 4 and tee decks are way up. I don’t normally hit it that far but with the wind and where the ball landed it just kept going!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I have never seen a flop shot from one yard off a green end up 40 yards back down the fairway.

Keep it up, Brookline.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Scheffler just dunked his third shot for eagle from a hundred out. Leads by two.

Those fairways are probably running 7 on the stimpmeter.

diarm

McIlroy hasn't had his A, B or C game today but my god he has battled.

diarm

I would honestly be proud to keep it under 150 on this course I reckon.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Sky just said that Zalatoris looks like he is signing his name with his putter on short putts. Easily the worst short putting stroke I’ve seen in some time.

But, he proves this old golf adage true: it ain’t how, but how many.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Be interesting between Scheffler and Fitzpatrick. You’d think the experience of the former will help him significantly. But hard to look past these two, and Fitzpatrick has been brilliant so far this year without winning. Gotta win the first one at some point …

Deery

Dreary
Scheffler just so damn consistent can only see him winning, turning into a great golfer..

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Matsuyama should stick around the clubhouse. In the house at three under night just do it.

Carolina Red

Staff
What a finish. Unreal shot out of the bunker by Fitzpatrick.

I believe that makes him only the 2nd man to ever win the US Amateur and US Open at the same course (other being Jack Nicklaus)