Golf 2022

DevTheRed

Rory playing amazing and out of nowhere comes out with a quad.. classic Rory :lol:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Great for Xander this morning. Did his best to throw it away but Theegala playing a real bone head move after finding the sand on the 18th.

Sir Nick went just short of saying “are you fecking serious” with the first shot out of the sand that went nowhere. Poor caddying .

FriedClams

There was some exciting play yesterday and the putt Ortiz sank on 18th that won hIs team 3rd place was pretty cool seeing everyone celebrate. Grace chip in on 16 was also pretty cool

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Geeked up for the Open Championship. It’s one of my favorite courses on WGT, looking forward to seeing how close the virtual representation is.

How hot & dry is it up St. Andrews way?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Geeked up for the Open Championship. It’s one of my favorite courses on WGT, looking forward to seeing how close the virtual representation is.

How hot & dry is it up St. Andrews way?
Was there Monday and Tuesday, it is absolutely baked. Fairways are probably running faster than the greens. It looks absolutely insane out there. Been so hot here.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Was there Monday and Tuesday, it is absolutely baked. Fairways are probably running faster than the greens. It looks absolutely insane out there. Been so hot here.
Fun. Love a baked out links course.

I also like when storms roll in over there. On the PGA Tour, any substantial storm is accompanied with lightning, so play is typically stopped. It’s enlightening to watch how professionals deal with consistent rain & heavy winds due to the uniqueness.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The feck happened to Tiger? I took a dump after his tee shot, get back in front of the TV, & he holes out for a 6?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Christ, how long is this round? They started 15 hours ago and still players with several holes left.

mariachi-19

As with the pga, this is the problem with little game time leading into these majors.

All well and good picking up a club privately, but they’re not tournament conditions. There’s not much wrong with his game other than he just can’t piece it together.

Tomorrow we’ll either see something special, or he’ll withdraw. If I was a betting man I’d say the latter but it’s also Tiger.

mariachi-19

Sad day for Tiger today. I know I keep saying it but it’s clear the lack of tournament time is hurting him in a big way especially with his putting. He could have been 3-4 under over the first 9 with a decent feel.

I think there’s a lot that think today was goodbye to St Andrews. I’m not sure about that. I don’t think ending here in that manner will sit well with Tiger. He’s just built differently and we all know it and this is the kind of shit that lights the fire.

It’s just whether he can ever get himself properly fit again which will determine if he plays once more. Only time will tell.

Carolina Red

Staff
Sad day for Tiger today. I know I keep saying it but it’s clear the lack of tournament time is hurting him in a big way especially with his putting. He could have been 3-4 under over the first 9 with a decent feel.

I think there’s a lot that think today was goodbye to St Andrews. I’m not sure about that. I don’t think ending here in that manner will sit well with Tiger. He’s just built differently and we all know it and this is the kind of shit that lights the fire.

It’s just whether he can ever get himself properly fit again which will determine if he plays once more. Only time will tell.
Isn’t it another 8 years before it’s back at the Old Course though?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah dont get this. If you hit the fecking ball into the stands, you should be penalised as if you're into the water or out of bands. Would have absolutely fecked the cnuts round too unfortunately.
Entitled to relief from an unmovable man made obstruction, either in it or line of sight. Stands constitute this. That’s why pros sometimes play into them for the free drop.

An example of a moveable obstruction is a hazard stake, if you aren’t in the hazard, one can remove a stake if it is in their swing path or in their live of sight to the pin.

That said, that fecking cnut doesn’t deserve a drop from anything.