Golf 2022

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just watched a bit of LIV golf :lol: it's hilariously dog shit.

Music blaring in the background, then the caddies shouting at crowds to be quiet :lol: even moving the crowd out of shots way the caddies sound absolutely raging, like they're shouting at their own kids. All very unprofessional tbh

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just watched a bit of LIV golf :lol: it's hilariously dog shit.

Music blaring in the background, then the caddies shouting at crowds to be quiet :lol: even moving the crowd out of shots way the caddies sound absolutely raging, like they're shouting at their own kids. All very unprofessional tbh
On what platform did you watch it?

diarm

Oh Danny!

Fair play to Homa - he acted like a gent there and didn't celebrate in front of a clearly shellshocked Willet.

diarm

Homa seems to be a solid dude.
I haven't watched that much of him before, but very impressed with him there. His adrenaline levels had to be sky high after that chip in but he handled it with pure class.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
The Foreplay guys (and Barstool as a whole) can be distasteful at times, but if you are at all interested in a ~2 hour video of Homa being extremely likeable then here you go:

Carolina Red

Staff
I’d bet on Justin Thomas + Jordan Spieth against the world if they’re playing for Team USA. Those two dudes play together like they were born to do it.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

This is an amazing story.

- Took pressure from Lachlan Murdoch to get Fox Sports to even consider.
- Still making LIV pay them to broadcast.
- LIV has to produce it themselves.
- LIV has to find sponsors themselves.

No one is really going to watch this, especially as 2 of the next 3 events are half a world away and the third is at a Trump golf course!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
My buddy, and longtime golf partner, who I have not seen since pre-COVID (he has a pediatric specialty and has been in the Children's Hosp. COVID ward for almost the entire time) is flying in this weekend so we can finally have our "We're 40 now!" Golf weekend. Well, we WERE going to do that. fecking Hurricane.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

This is an amazing story.

- Took pressure from Lachlan Murdoch to get Fox Sports to even consider.
- Still making LIV pay them to broadcast.
- LIV has to produce it themselves.
- LIV has to find sponsors themselves.

No one is really going to watch this, especially as 2 of the next 3 events are half a world away and the third is at a Trump golf course!
It’s just not an interesting concept. The Ryder and Presidents cups are a 1 a year thing and on top of being rare, the players play for nothing…

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
My buddy, and longtime golf partner, who I have not seen since pre-COVID (he has a pediatric specialty and has been in the Children's Hosp. COVID ward for almost the entire time) is flying in this weekend so we can finally have our "We're 40 now!" Golf weekend. Well, we WERE going to do that. fecking Hurricane.
Ah that sucks man. My dad and brother are due to fly out here from New York to Portugal at the end of the month for a trip - I'd be fecking gutted if that doesn't happen at this point.

Hope you and yours can batten down the hatches and stay safe!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Ah that sucks man. My dad and brother are due to fly out here from New York to Portugal at the end of the month for a trip - I'd be fecking gutted if that doesn't happen at this point.

Hope you and yours can batten down the hatches and stay safe!
We are going to try and get 18 in on Friday before the predicted continuous drizzle turns into a downpour, but Sat and Sunday are gonzo.

mariachi-19

Have any of you played at pine valley or Cyprus point? Friends dad has connections at pine and I might be able to get a round but want to know how ridiculously difficult it is.

im thinking of a trip to big cedar lodge to play the courses there in a couple of years so might try and load up

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Have any of you played at pine valley or Cyprus point? Friends dad has connections at pine and I might be able to get a round but want to know how ridiculously difficult it is.

im thinking of a trip to big cedar lodge to play the courses there in a couple of years so might try and load up
Played Cypress Point once. Never played Pine Valley. That course puts tour pros on their knees as there is no real rough, it is basically unkept, native sand ‘bunkers.’

But don’t let that stop you. Getting on PV is the pinnacle of golf.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
You get any golf in at all? How’s the weather faring up there?

Carolina Red

Staff

mariachi-19

Hope this irrevocably fecks his swing up in perpetuity…

He ended up coming second with a drive of 407 yards. The winner hit 426 yards.

No wonder he wants to play LIV Golf. This shit would be so bad for your preparation in other parts of your golf game as the swing is nothing like what you play with on tour and given how uncontrollable it is, is not transferable. Alternatively it may force him to hurry the feck up on the golf course because they dont have 3 minutes between each swing to make a shot.

I genuinely dont understand the appeal behind it other than a dick measuring contest. The money is clearly not there and most golf fans I know don't care. Driving is arguably the most difficult part of the golf game but imo what Rory can do is infinitely more impressive.

mariachi-19

God I love the pettiness of ogwr

LIV - “we have aligned with this Random tour in order to obtain world ranking points for our players and fecking over anybody that is a member of this tour in the process”

Ogwr - “the feck you are”

perhaps don’t pull this shit after you’ve tried to feck over the western world by artificially limiting oil exports to drive up demand. This will become political at some point.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
God I love the pettiness of ogwr

LIV - “we have aligned with this Random tour in order to obtain world ranking points for our players and fecking over anybody that is a member of this tour in the process”

Ogwr - “the feck you are”

perhaps don’t pull this shit after you’ve tried to feck over the western world by artificially limiting oil exports to drive up demand. This will become political at some point.
Not real pettiness, just adhering to their bylaws. You just love to see it.

Well, there is a bit of pettiness which makes it all the more rich.