Golf 2022

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Hate to start a thread on a downer, but I always enjoyed reading / listening to him…

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Even with the cuts between shots, it’s still pretty impressive…

Deery

Dreary
I think my driver has lost its pop, how can you tell?

Doracle

Were they all playing off the same tee?
Of course not. It’s a tournament designed to give women an equal chance of winning. I like the concept and it seems to work well but the BBC article misses that important bit out and portrays it as some sort of historic achievement.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Of course not. It’s a tournament designed to give women an equal chance of winning. I like the concept and it seems to work well but the BBC article misses that important bit out and portrays it as some sort of historic achievement.
I was thinking it was à la Annika playing in the Colonial years ago off the tips. Still like the concept though.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Some time away for my family is PGA Tour speak for a suspension isn’t it?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Hitting knock down 7 irons into 17 today, playing at 136. Wind is gusting to 40 mph.

Cool to see them start on 10 so all the leaders are playing the hole in the same condition.

e - still the second round.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
Even Morikawa’s irons are badly off today, you’d expect him to hit the green he’s usually that good.

diarm

Poor Paul Casey must think he's cursed. The guy plays such consistent golf, and he's always in the mix, but then things like that divot on 16 happen. 100ft of fairway for the ball to stop in, and it lands in a 2 inch hole.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Poor Paul Casey must think he's cursed. The guy plays such consistent golf, and he's always in the mix, but then things like that divot on 16 happen. 100ft of fairway for the ball to stop in, and it lands in a 2 inch hole.
Probably should have had a major by now. He’s quite good.

diarm

Probably should have had a major by now. He’s quite good.
I backed him E/W for the Masters at 50/1 earlier. His game looks so tight at the moment and he always does well at Augusta.

They say Westwood was/is the best player never to win a major but I reckon Casey must be close to surpassing him.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I backed him E/W for the Masters at 50/1 earlier. His game looks so tight at the moment and he always does well at Augusta.

They say Westwood was/is the best player never to win a major but I reckon Casey must be close to surpassing him.
Mrs. Doubtfire is also up there with Westwood.

diarm

I'm still not exactly sure what everyone is so upset with Phil for?

Is it that he said he backed the Saudi league to try and strongarm the PGA into change?

Or is it that he said the Saudi's are scary motherfeckers who execute people for being gay?

Or was there something else he said that I haven't seen? The guy is a bit of a pillock and has always been full of himself, but there were plenty of golfers who originally got behind the Saudi thing, and plenty of others who have called for change in the PGA.

Unless there's something I've missed in all this, I can't help think there's been a bit of an overreaction.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'm still not exactly sure what everyone is so upset with Phil for?

Is it that he said he backed the Saudi league to try and strongarm the PGA into change?

Or is it that he said the Saudi's are scary motherfeckers who execute people for being gay?

Or was there something else he said that I haven't seen? The guy is a bit of a pillock and has always been full of himself, but there were plenty of golfers who originally got behind the Saudi thing, and plenty of others who have called for change in the PGA.

Unless there's something I've missed in all this, I can't help think there's been a bit of an overreaction.
His sabbatical is self-imposed, I believe. Don’t think any entity has suspended him.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It’s difficult to describe how hilly Augusta National is, nowhere in south Florida to replicate such terrain. It will be the topography that is most challenging to him.

I think making the cut is his unstated goal.

Ainu

One thing is certain, he won't be hard to find with every single camera on the entire course focusing on his every step.

Deery

Dreary
Think he’ll pull out in the second round if he even makes it that far..

Mighty Boosh

Odds against to miss the cut, surely that's worth a few bob

He is Tiger but the masters on zero prep is a big challenge