Gomes or Bellingham

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Bellingham for me. Saw the hype with Gomes 2/3 years ago but now he seems to have stalled. Sounds harsh but if he wants to go, let him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Bellingham has been playing week in week out for a championship side and looked the best player on the pitch for a lot of those games,
Gomes has been playing under 23 games and looked average for vast majority of them, bar the odd one or two.
No brainer, Bellingham.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I do think that Gomes will have a good career, whatever club he goes to. He clearly wants it. Good or bad, every time I’ve seen him in the first team, I get the impression that he really wants a career at the top. He’s never hiding or shy, he wants to take his chance to show what he can do.

Some young players just don’t have the mettle for it when they step up. They don’t/can’t do what they did to get their chance, they don’t have the confidence or arrogance. Gomes does. Little things like the amount of shots he has on goal in comparison to the minutes he plays. He wants to get on the scoresheet badly, take responsibility and make a difference. Many situations where other kids would pass it to a more senior player, he will try and drop a shoulder and shoot. Might not even be the right choice, but you need self belief as an attacking/creative player.

Be that as it may, I doubt he’ll have a future with us. With what we are trying to do in the market - and even just the threat from Mejbri from within, he’ll struggle to get a real look in.