Gonçalo Ramos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I feel Ten Hag wants a tap in merchant.

This guy seems like one.

troylocker

Seems to have found his feet in the #9 position this season (played mostly SS behind Nunes last season) and should obviously be one to watch. His hattrick probably doubled his pricetag though.

I haven't watched enough of him to judge him properly, but...
18 goals and 8 assists in 1621 minutes for Benfica and Portugal so far this season is pretty impressive.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
:lol: This thread went from pretty dull & generic "looks good lets sign him" comments to some of the best banter comments i've seen on this forum so far.

Especially this lad who probably skipped the previous page and didn't realise the "finishing" jokes being made :lol:

Bless you @VP89 gave me a good chuckle.

Seriously though fellas regardless if this guy is the nuts or not, we categorically can not sign this guy for atleast 18 months till this dies off the internet a bit perhaps with some lawyering/takedowns, with the worldwide scrutiny at this club he would be a massive target & laughing stock in this current climate on social media sadly.

Dele Alli did have a somewhat similair thing of him come out but he was getting an assist. This one I feel like could destroy a players confidence with how savage matchday singing sections can be. Such a shame as he looked good on the field but the asking price is not going to be cheap either, now or summer.
:(

Red00012

So we will make an enquiry about Ramos while naming another few in the process and finishing by saying January is a bad time to sign players .
I’d love to see him a hazard a guess on the lottery numbers at the weekend.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Seems to have found his feet in the #9 position this season (played mostly SS behind Nunes last season) and should obviously be one to watch. His hattrick probably doubled his pricetag though.

I haven't watched enough of him to judge him properly, but...
18 goals and 8 assists in 1621 minutes for Benfica and Portugal so far this season is pretty impressive.
Nunes? Nunes of Wolves who played at Sporting?

Erik the Red

Raise your hand if you had heard of him or mentioned him before last week. Anyone? (yes I see you 5 or 6 people in September)...
He featured near the top of the CIES list of most valuable players outside of the top 5 leagues. This is as at 1/11 (values in €m):

61 Enzo Fernández SL Benfica
58 Cody Gakpo PSV Eindhoven
58 Diogo Costa FC Porto
51 Gonçalo Inácio Sporting CP
49 Pedro Gonçalves Sporting CP
46 Jurriën Timber AFC Ajax
43 Ibrahim Sangaré PSV Eindhoven
43 Gonçalo Ramos SL Benfica
41 Evanilson de Lima FC Porto

Generally, these clubs will be selling clubs, so for the right price, usually a deal can be done.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'd love us to get Leão but this lad looks alright as well. Somewhat similar to Mitrovic perhaps but maybe more technical, less aggressive and physical. I'd like to see him attack the box more instead of trying to do it all himself. Or something.

acolyte

Don't understand the fuss over the video. He's just negotiating his release clause.

I don't think we shouldn't sign him though. He'll soon be a spent force.

Dans

Touchy.

Wasn't aware of a Nunez at Benfica and was looking for clarity. You provided it - thanks very much.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Don’t know if I’d prefer him or Joao Felix. Think arsenal are going for Felix though.

troylocker

Touchy.

Wasn't aware of a Nunez at Benfica and was looking for clarity. You provided it - thanks very much.
Can add: Darwin Nunez, now at Liverpool and topscorer in the Portuguese League last season.

Thought you were scanning for spelling errors, sorry.

Dans

Can add: Darwin Nunez, now at Liverpool and topscorer in the Portuguese League last season.

Thought you were scanning for spelling errors, sorry.
You can understand that I hadn't heard of him though, right? ;)

(I'd completely forgotten that he played for them!)

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He featured near the top of the CIES list of most valuable players outside of the top 5 leagues. This is as at 1/11 (values in €m):

61 Enzo Fernández SL Benfica
58 Cody Gakpo PSV Eindhoven
58 Diogo Costa FC Porto
51 Gonçalo Inácio Sporting CP
49 Pedro Gonçalves Sporting CP
46 Jurriën Timber AFC Ajax
43 Ibrahim Sangaré PSV Eindhoven
43 Gonçalo Ramos SL Benfica
41 Evanilson de Lima FC Porto

Generally, these clubs will be selling clubs, so for the right price, usually a deal can be done.
So he's the 8th best player in the 6th shittiest league?? Woohoo....

NoPace

Raise your hand if you had heard of him or mentioned him before last week. Anyone? (yes I see you 5 or 6 people in September)...
He scored in a CL QF last year against Liverpool and played the round before against what was likely to be our next manager at Ajax. Did the dirty work behind Nunez, sort of like a mobile Chris Sutton or less creative but bigger Sheringham type of 90s striker. Looked handy and tidier than Nunez, but none of his explosion.

croadyman

I'd love us to get Leão but this lad looks alright as well. Somewhat similar to Mitrovic perhaps but maybe more technical, less aggressive and physical. I'd like to see him attack the box more instead of trying to do it all himself. Or something.
Could you see us still going for Osimhen IF we brought in this guy or Gakpo in January

Erik the Red

So he's the 8th best player in the 6th shittiest league?? Woohoo....
I posted that list in response to a question about whether anyone had ever heard of this guy.

...and I think you will find that he is the 5th most valuable player in the Portuguese league (the others play in the Dutch league).

It is an interesting list, as we have been heavily linked to half of those players, and as I mentioned, these clubs are selling clubs, so their best players will secure big moves in the next couple of years.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He scored in a CL QF last year against Liverpool and played the round before against what was likely to be our next manager at Ajax. Did the dirty work behind Nunez, sort of like a mobile Chris Sutton or less creative but bigger Sheringham type of 90s striker. Looked handy and tidier than Nunez, but none of his explosion.
I can look up his game log too. Thanks...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I posted that list in response to a question about whether anyone had ever heard of this guy.

...and I think you will find that he is the 5th most valuable player in the Portuguese league (the others play in the Dutch league).

It is an interesting list, as we have been heavily linked to half of those players, and as I mentioned, these clubs are selling clubs, so their best players will secure big moves in the next couple of years.
And he may very well turn out to be a great player. I'm just stating that most people are just over reacting to one good game in the world cup and most had probably never heard of him before

daba

People acting like this guy is a one game wonder at the WC. Yes, some of you may not of have heard of him before because he’s only making his break through this year, but don’t down play the boys talent.

I admittedly have only known of his name via the past couple years of Football Manager, but he’s no doubt been guided through the Benfica ranks as one of their high potential stars.

I think he’d be a great fit for what we are looking for in a striker, but I now fear he will cost £60-70m following his breakthrough cameo at the WC and so far excellent season in the Portuguese League.

Abraxas

People acting like this guy is a one game wonder at the WC. Yes, some of you may not of have heard of him before because he’s only making his break through this year, but don’t down play the boys talent.

I admittedly have only known of his name via the past couple years of Football Manager, but he’s no doubt been guided through the Benfica ranks as one of their high potential stars.

I think he’d be a great fit for what we are looking for in a striker, but I now fear he will cost £60-70m following his breakthrough cameo at the WC and so far excellent season in the Portuguese League.
Is 60 million really something worth fearing? This is Man Utd and a number 9 we're talking about. That's probably quite a modest fee if this is the guy we have identified to take our attacking line forward. It's going to be hard to find a forward that has proven enough to convince us that he is ready to come and make an impact while also being cheap. It's always a trade off, maybe you can buy a guy like this a couple of years ago for pocket change but then you know nothing about them.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
The Hard Tackle, a site I found by accident whilst searching for something else @rimaldo -related is linking us with signing this fella'. Few other rags linking him to us now too (Irish Sun etc.) but feck those sites.

I expect this thread to have more activity now that we've decided Gakpo isn't Man Utd quality though as this is the only CF that UK journalists seem to know outside of the UK.

GwilDor

So, rumours in Norway about Benfica signing Rosenborg forward Tengstedt for 10-12mill. Could suggest Ramos is on the move. Likely suspects being us, Arsenal and Athletico Madrid, though maybe less them considering Felix’ renewed contract?

croadyman

So, rumours in Norway about Benfica signing Rosenborg forward Tengstedt for 10-12mill. Could suggest Ramos is on the move. Likely suspects being us, Arsenal and Athletico Madrid, though maybe less them considering Felix’ renewed contract?
We won't sign him as loan FC until the summer

GwilDor

We won't sign him as loan FC until the summer
If we’re interested long term, the ffp/financial issues could probably be solved with a loan with obligation to buy. Would only be interesting if he’s a real target for first choice #9 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.