Gonçalo Ramos

Status
Not open for further replies.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
You are close to describing the striker most modern coaches dream of?
This is where we disagree: a top club striker must have that self-sufficiency to give you the edge. Without that you're just getting a handy player that unfortunately can't unlock games by their own.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m a big fan of Osimhen but I think if the aim is go towards a more possession based system this lad may be a better fit. He’s a fantastic footballer - brilliant assist and goal tonight.
He’s a good medium between Osimhen and Kane in terms of profile - the only question is as to whether he is/can be as good as either.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Only 21. It all comes down to profile - not sure what ETH wants. Be very interesting this summer to see what direction we go in.
I don’t think it’s all down to profile. You can buy a player who has the right strengths - but not necessarily to an elite level. I’m not sure that is the centre forward we would want to pin our hopes on for hears to come.

For the record, I am a fan of Ramos, however, I do think that as we are at this juncture of looking for a main striker to spearhead our next team - the difference between getting a good player and an elite player in such an important position could have a huge bearing on the next 5 years. I think Ramos could actually be very top level, I’m just saying that Osimhen and Kane look more certain to be a level above now. Ramos may level out at being just ‘good’ for us, and we’ll have one of those players we know we can upgrade ‘but given our other needs, is not a priority’ for years.

In the words of the boss, ‘good is not good enough!’.

Chief123

He’s looking like absolute quality this season! 2 goals taken brilliantly.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Have seen nothing of him but his stats sure look great.

TsuWave

Benfica going to slap a ridiculous asking price on him and some sucker club is going to pay it

Zoo

He’s an interesting player. Definitely one who should be closely monitored.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He’s an interesting player. Definitely one who should be closely monitored.
Yep. He's won me over and I'm always biased against Benfica players. I think our National Team has a potencial good striker. Something we always lack not counting Ronaldo.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Not seen much of him. Is he fast?
Gonçalo is not outrageously explosive or an athlete who will stand out at Premier League level. That's partly why so many are on the fence (wrt. him being a transfer target for United), even though he boasts a lot of great qualities for the center forward position... cunning movement and overall spatial intelligence, seems balanced and well-coordinated, pretty decent on the ball and in the air, underlying goal-scoring statistics are solid (so his current production isn't based on some anomalistic streak), and works hard in and out of possession (something that was brought up by Roger Schmidt too):
Roger Schmidt on Gonçalo Ramos: “I love Gonçalo, not just for his goals. His attitude is excellent, he scored goals but really helps with hard, defensive work and knows how to play with the team”.

croadyman

Probably tonight was the first time since that hattrick in the World Cup I noticed him again

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I watched him play for the first time in the UCL game last night and he looked good.

And from my very limited knowledge of the player, he does look technically good and hence he has the ability to drop deeper and get involved in the approach play. He also has good shooting with either foot and has the strength and work rate to match.

He's not as quick as Darwin Nunez, but he seems to be a better all round footballer and he might just be the striker that improves the collective within ten Hag's principles of play. I will try watching him more, but he does look like a well rounded striker who can provide tactical solutions both as a lone striker or as second striker.

Syphon Wallet

I watched him play for the first time in the UCL game last night and he looked good.

And from my very limited knowledge of the player, he does look technically good and hence he has the ability to drop deeper and get involved in the approach play. He also has good shooting with either foot and has the strength and work rate to match.

He's not as quick as Darwin Nunez, but he seems to be a better all round footballer and he might just be the striker that improves the collective within ten Hag's principles of play. I will try watching him more, but he does look like a well rounded striker who can provide tactical solutions both as a lone striker or as second striker.
Fits the profile of what ETH likes up front.
Think Ramos could be very good for us, but also think Osimhen would make us less reliant on Rashford and his pace.

LuckyScout78

Ramos is more in the category of Harry Kane than Osihmen. More allround CF

Ramos is really determination and good to dribble inside the box. When he is not that super fast as Osihmen. But you see he can dribble and past players. Plus the assist to the first goal. Could be a Kane assist pass to Son.

If i could get a younger and totally new car. Compare to a car that has been use in many years with more damage. Logical would i go for the brand new one?

A brand new iphone vs older version
A brand new tv vs older version?

If i was Ten Hag and United head coach. I think i would pick Ramos over Kane. But Benfica and Ramos are still in champion league. So more matches to conclude and rate his level and abilities.

But Ramos stats were showing from U19 for Portugal and now. Ramos has been a goal machine. A natural born goalscorer.

croadyman

Ramos is more in the category of Harry Kane than Osihmen. More allround CF

Ramos is really determination and good to dribble inside the box. When he is not that super fast as Osihmen. But you see he can dribble and past players. Plus the assist to the first goal. Could be a Kane assist pass to Son.

If i could get a younger and totally new car. Compare to a car that has been use in many years with more damage. Logical would i go for the brand new one?

A brand new iphone vs older version
A brand new tv vs older version?

If i was Ten Hag and United head coach. I think i would pick Ramos over Kane. But Benfica and Ramos are still in champion league. So more matches to conclude and rate his level and abilities.

But Ramos stats were showing from U19 for Portugal and now. Ramos has been a goal machine. A natural born goalscorer.
Would him and Osimhen be possible because they are different types of strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.