Gonçalo Ramos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jericholyte2

Seems like the most logical choice given price tag of him in comparison to Osimhen and Kane. Plus, we have other areas that need to be addressed that will require big investment like CM and CB.
If we look to trigger Kim Min-Jae’s release clause, that can be covered by player sales.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Of the strikers not named Osimhen or Kane, Ramos is the one I'm most curious about simply because (unlike Hojlund for example) he's at least been scoring freely in his current league this season.

Leaving price aside, how good do you think he could go on to be?

whitbyviking

I think Ramos is in the last year of his contract? Benfica supporting mate was saying they’re trying to get him to extend but he won’t as they want to increase the release clause. He also said that Ramos wants Spain and not the premier league or bundesliga.

OleGunnar20

I think you've answered your own question there. Supply and demand
Sure, but I don't believe the price is justified regardless. The guys only had two seasons of first team football I think? And only one of those with decent numbers.

Proper scouting can still unearth gems without paying through the nose. Just look at how Brighton keep plucking them out of nowhere.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think Ramos is in the last year of his contract? Benfica supporting mate was saying they’re trying to get him to extend but he won’t as they want to increase the release clause. He also said that Ramos wants Spain and not the premier league or bundesliga.
Is he? I doubt it.
Contracted till 2026

Deco10Legend

Supports
Fc Porto
His form has gone downhill lately, he hasn’t scored for 6 or 7 games now. Of course he is young and has a lot of potential, but for the money Benfica are going to ask it is going to be a risk. Darwin, Felix, Enzo type of situation.

If you expect instant return for the investment it might not be the best option.

(Or I could be wrong and he adapts perfectly to the premier league)

Il_Cecchino

Supports
Hellas Verona
Overrated. He is a good striker. But not a top striker. In PL he can play in a mid table team (ex. Aston Villa). Never, never a 100m player.

Deco10Legend

Supports
Fc Porto
I’ll be glad if United take him away from Benfica but that’s a lot of money.

Diogo Jota is a better and proven player and he cost like what 51m €? Yeh Ramos is younger and has a lot of potential but they want 100? That’s crazy.

Might as well brake the bank and buy Osimhen.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
70-100M£ is a complete waste of money on this player. You can save this comment for posterity.

croadyman

I’ll be glad if United take him away from Benfica but that’s a lot of money.

Diogo Jota is a better and proven player and he cost like what 51m €? Yeh Ramos is younger and has a lot of potential but they want 100? That’s crazy.

Might as well brake the bank and buy Osimhen.
Don't see Napoli selling this summer

Oranges038

He's nowhere near worth that money.

Napoli won't sell and Spurs will want silly money for Kane.

Rather just lump it on Ferguson.

croadyman

He's nowhere near worth that money.

Napoli won't sell and Spurs will want silly money for Kane.

Rather just lump it on Ferguson.
What about Hojlund but keep tabs on Ferguson at the same time with a view to buying next summer

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not with the speed we do things
We are no faster or slower than the rest but the question was more about whether the other players would necessarily be sold this summer.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Not a smokescreen but a boot in the ass to Tottenham. You have a player that wants out, we're one of the few teams to give him an outlet. Want to resolve that, don't drag your feet till Aug. Needs to be done, if we are to sign Kane, which we shouldn't.
Which has been my view. Send offer, tell them it expires June 30th. Look at other options.

Easy.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Why would I want to justify your passive aggressive nonsense.
Because there was nothing passive aggresive about it. You asked a question, I asked a question and then answered your question (I didn’t know the answer and was curious)

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
I mean Joao fekking Mario has scored the same amount of goals as him and has added 6 apples to 17 goals in Portuguese league, i'm not very sold.

NoPace

Could we cut 15M off this by sending them Pellistri? They don't seem stocked with proper wingers if they're playing Joao Mario and Aursnes out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.