Gonzalo Higuain | Chelsea Player

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He is the third most expensive player in the history of football. How far can Juventus go in the Champions League this season with his help?

vodrake

Has it been confirmed Juventus are splitting the fee over the two years or is it just speculation?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He is perhaps Argentina's biggest bottler in recent history. Despite, looking very good in Seria A, I have not been that impressed with his performance to say that he is worth that evaluation.

mu4c_20le

Still a quality player but at 29, it clearly looks like they are gunning for the CL as they won't recoup anywhere near that if he ever moves on again.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Juve don't have this kind of money to burn.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He'll probably do very well at Juve given he's adapted excellently to the league, but he's just nowhere near the other players who cost around the same fee. He's more expensive than Suarez and isn't just a lesser player but multiple tiers inferior.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Ibrahimovic would have been a much better signing.

ChaddyP

Ah, the benefits of having a late birthday. Still, i'm a bit surprised they would take a risk like this. Must be really confident of what they need.
it's a piss load of money, but it's far far from a risk. They will take the piss out of the league. I just don't think it's enough to win the CL

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
So much money for a 29 year old who has a reputation of choking when it matters :eek::houllier:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
90 Million Euros and around 240K pounds per week, not sure he is the player who can win them CL and they don't even have to try to win Serie A.

Woodzy

Wooooo. Biggest sign yet that Pogba is coming.

Juventus may well have been able to afford him anyway, but there is no chance they would actually pay that if they didn't have an anstronincal amount of cash coming their way.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This also probably rules out any slight possibility of a Morata plus cash deal for you know who.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don't understand the cafe's fascination with rounding up player ages.
It is just something people do on here to emphasise a point/argument. If the point were a different point, it could just as easily be that not only is Higuain 28, but he 'was 27 a few months back' or whatever.

ottosec

I guess I'm the only one that thinks it's a very good signing for Juventus...

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
That is an absolutely ridiculous fee. No wonder they're demanding triple digit number of millions for Pogba, splashing cash around like this.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
To be fair, Higuain is horrendously underrated. Outside of Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez and Lewandowski, he is the best goalscorer in the game these days. 227 career goals in 451 games tells its own story.

Enigma_87

You know who
90m euros.
wow that's absolutely ridiculous.

But probably the more ridiculous thing about it - given what fees are cited around these days is that probably you can't get any better forward for less. :lol:

Silas

Can see him doing well in the league but feck all in the CL which ultimately is what's most important to Juve. Strange transfer.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
He is the third most expensive player in the history of football. How far can Juventus go in the Champions League this season with his help?
The final where he'll miss a sitter or two before they lose.

JP77

Outstanding season last season for Napoli. Juve made a crucial signing in Tevez a few years back which they desperately needed at the time and I don't think this one is too far from that. It was clear as daylight that the one area they needed a big signing in was the striking department.

It might be a lot of money but he should do fantastic in the league and I think in a team like Juventus he'll be very good in Europe. They needed one or two big signings to try to help take them that one extra step towards the CL, we'll see if Higuian can pull it off. Very good signing IMO.