Gonzalo Higuain | Chelsea Player

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I reckon there won't be middle ground with him, he'll either end up as great goalscorer in England or completely shite and even worse than Morata. I hope it's the second.

Member 115509

Not a great footballer, but certainly knows where the goal is. If Sarri has got this one wrong, he will have some explaining to do.

SAFMUTD

Two things, first I think that he is not comming in his best moment and I don't think he would be the world class striker we saw at Juve or Napoli but certainly he can't be worst than Morata and Giroud.

For the last 2 years Chelsea have made mostly bad buys, with only Rudiger, Kepa and Jorginho establishing themselves as starters. I hope Higuain is on the black list as well.

Good transfers
Rudiger $35M
Giroud $17M (considering the sum)

To be determined:
Kepa $80M - the sum seems excesive for what we have seen until now
Jorginho $57M - same case as Kepa
Pulisic $64M
Barkley $17M

Failed transfers:
Morata $66M
Bakayoko $40M
Drinkwater $38M
Zapacosta $25M
Emerson $20M
Batshuayi $39M

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Higuain not registered in time for the game tomorrow night, should be ok for the FA Cup game on Sunday though:

Hoping Giroud will start tomorrow, don't want another game of us passing it around the box creating zero. We need to win by two goals. Also interested in if Sarri makes any changes in Midfield and if CHO gets the nod. Need to get some momentum back and this could be good game to start.

thepolice123

Shades of Shevchenko here. An aging striker from Serie A. My gut feeling tells me he is going to flop badly.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I actually don't think he'll fail because the demand for a striker is so high at Chelsea he'll actually be a breath of fresh air for them. Hope he does fail...

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Why is Ronaldo playing on the wing and Mario as the striker then? Gonzo was being pushed out by Mandzukic not Cristiano.
Not really. They'd have kept Higuain if they could pay both his and Ronaldo's wages.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
He's been given the cursed number 9.

steakpie

Bad news for our top 4 chances. Top player imo. Chelsea still have problems in midfield and arguably defence too though.

izec

Hope he flops the bottler, i think everyone does except for Chelsea fans, even Argentina ones i guess.

Irrational.

So Morata quietly skulks off to Atletico whilst Chelsea throw a bunch of cash to bring in Higuain.

Can't help but feel if this was us with Lukaku it'd be getting a lot more attention and the club's transfer policy would (rightly) be getting a lot of stick.

Chelsea at present seem to be throwing a lot of shit in the hope that some of it will stick. Hope Higuain flops.

crossy1686

career ending
Bad news for our top 4 chances. Top player imo. Chelsea still have problems in midfield and arguably defence too though.
Not really. They're shipped out a striker that doesn't do anything and brought in one that has to adapt to a league he's never played in. If anything, they're in a world of trouble if Sarri keeps poking Hazard. Once he down's tools they'll finish well outside the top 4.

On a side note, Chelsea's transfer strategy is absolutely gash. They haven't bought well for years.

Andy_Cole

Is it me or does Chelsea seem to be a place for established international strikers to flop?

Shevchenko
Crespo
Falcao
Torres
Morata
Higuain?

Thought there were more. Not counting Mutu/ Kezman as they weren’t established.

vodrake

Is it me or does Chelsea seem to be a place for established international strikers to flop?

Shevchenko
Crespo
Falcao
Torres
Morata
Higuain?

Eto'o? Though he was probably already quite past it when he went

cyberman

Shevchenko
Crespo
Falcao
Torres
Morata
Higuain?

And they wanted Rooney as well just before the decline.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So Morata quietly skulks off to Atletico whilst Chelsea throw a bunch of cash to bring in Higuain.

Can't help but feel if this was us with Lukaku it'd be getting a lot more attention and the club's transfer policy would (rightly) be getting a lot of stick.

Chelsea at present seem to be throwing a lot of shit in the hope that some of it will stick. Hope Higuain flops.
Both Higuain and Moratta are loan with no obligation to buy, right ?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Shevchenko
Crespo
Falcao
Torres
Morata
Higuain?

They also had Eto'o when he was in his 30s although from memory he had a decent scoring season (hat trick v Man. United). Demba Ba was there at the same point as surprise surprise Mourinho was moaning those two and Torres wasn't good enough for him at that time.

They also re-signed Drogba when he was about 37.

Said before Chelsea as a club seem to thrive on chaos and no great transfer logic. I'd love to be as "badly run" as them with at least one trophy a season rolling in.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Did nobody at Chelsea see how absymal he was in the World Cup? He looked as far past his best as Shevchenco did when we signed him all those years ago. It just smacks of

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Shevchenko
Crespo
Falcao
Torres
Morata
Higuain?

Eto'o? Though he was probably already quite past it when he went
Neither Eto'o or Crespo flopped!!

quackattack

Shevchenko
Crespo
Falcao
Torres
Morata
Higuain?

In my opinion they were quite established.

Kapardin

Can't wait for him to keep Chelsea just ahead of the chasing pack till the final game of the season with his goals, and then bottle a penalty to ensure they lose and finish 5th.:D

Suedesi

JUVE Statement
Turin, 23 January 2019 - Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with AC Milan S.p.A. for the temporary transfer of the player Gerardo Gonzalo Higuain has been terminated and, at the same, the agreement with Chelsea Football Club Ltd for the loan, until 30 June 2019, of the player has been finalized. These operations do not generate any significant economic effects in the current financial year.

The agreement also grants to Chelsea FC the options to extend the duration of the loan until 30 June 2020, for a consideration of € 18 million to be paid in 2019/2020 financial year, or to acquire the registration rights of the player on a permanent basis for € 36 million to be paid in two financial years.

So, Chelsea are paying an € 9 million loan until the end of the season, and then they can extend the loan for another year for € 18 million or buy him outright for € 36 million. Piggy isn't coming cheap. I'd be shocked if Chelsea buy him outright.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep

The club is going to take a loss on Morata, but not a huge one in today's market. His intial fee when bought from Real was £58m and now he is going to Atletico on loan with a £48.5m option to buy.

I'm not sure about a 'bunch of money' comment in Higuain's case. We're just paying the loan fee for half-a-season and his wages until summer. If he doesn't work out, he's gone at the end of the season, if things go well, we'll keep him on loan for another year. I'd say, that's a very low risk deal for the club.