Gonzalo Higuain | Chelsea Player

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Best striker of his generation, better than RVP according to :houllier: @Peyroteo

He peaked in that Napoli season, been downhill since then. Looked like a lottery winner out there today.
I don't think he was talking about the current Higuain, but keep your war in the Messi vs Ronaldo thread. Thanks.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Interesting what Chelsea do with their striking options if the ban holds for next season. You've got Giroud getting on now and not got a great scoring record at all for them, if Hazard leaves that's a front three option gone and likes of Abraham and Batshuyai will get chances but neither are top class standard. Morata will push for move full time to Atletico.
Bats and Abraham really cant be any worse than Morata and Gonzalo have been for us!

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Best striker of his generation, better than RVP according to :houllier: @Peyroteo

He peaked in that Napoli season, been downhill since then. Looked like a lottery winner out there today.
When you have an entire team clicking strikers can almost be beneficiaries of circumstance. Hard to tell but perhaps a better striker would of gotten more goals in that set up.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bats and Abraham really cant be any worse than Morata and Gonzalo have been for us!
Depends what style new manager wants to play as neither can hold the ball up against any sort of pressure.

Diego Costa was the perfect striker for Chelsea so amusing Conte forced him out just to be sacked six months later.

the_irish123

Damn, Chelsea is where strikers go to die. Torres, Morata, Higuain.. Even Crespo earlier. They may need to avoid spanish/argentinean strikers for a while and stick to african.

I know Hazard is great, but wonder if his style of play limits the strikers a bit.

el3mel

I would. Tammy and Michy would at least put some effort in.
You thought the same when you brought Higuain "He won't be any worse than Morate surely!!". Can't see why you're that sure again. I'll wait to see if I were you.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Damn, Chelsea is where strikers go to die. Torres, Morata, Higuain etc

I know Hazard is great, but wonder if his style of play limits the strikers a bit.
Nah, a top striker would thrive alongside Hazard. Costa was fantastic for Chelsea, Lukaku has benefited hugely from playing in a Belgium size with Hazard.

There's nothing Hazard can do when Higuain runs 50 metres and looks like he's just ran a marathon.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You thought the same when you brought Higuain "He won't be any worse than Morate surely!!". Can't see why you're that sure again. I'll wait to see if I were you.
He has not been any worse than Morata. They're both awful.

You could put me upfront and I'd not be any worse and at least the crowd would have a laugh.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I've no comments on this team. I can't remember being more frustrated with a Chelsea team.
Damn, Chelsea is where strikers go to die. Torres, Morata, Higuain etc

Crespo, Shevchenko, Mutu...

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

He was. Easily. If you watch Van Persie for Feyenoord now you won't think he's the best of his generation either.

Higuain completely lost his athleticism this season. After over a decade playing top tier football at a top level I guess it's normal. He's nowhere near being the player that completely tore Tottenham apart last season. It's actually sad to watch him sprint.

cyberman

I've no comments on this team. I can't remember being more frustrated with a Chelsea team.

Crespo, Shevchenko, Mutu...
You're the club version of the MLS from a few years ago.
it's 2019 and Ibra and even Rooney would be better option for you now.

DevilRed

Kind of sad to see him in this state!

chelski haven't had a decent striker since drogba. Long may it continue

Irwin99

Makes Martial look energetic in comparison. Offered nothing when he came on.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
You're the club version of the MLS from a few years ago.
it's 2019 and Ibra and even Rooney would be better option for you now.
The side effects of the managerial merry-go-round are finally catching up with us.

Last edited:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He was. Easily. If you watch Van Persie for Feyenoord now you won't think he's the best of his generation either.

Higuain completely lost his athleticism this season. After over a decade playing top tier football at a top level I guess it's normal. He's nowhere near being the player that completely tore Tottenham apart last season. It's actually sad to watch him sprint.
'Best' striker of their generation don't choke in big matches and actually step up to the fore. van Persie career was riddled by injuries but look at this record in big matches in PL/CL/Cups etc. I don't even take RVP into the reckoning for best striker of last generation btw.

Higuain is miles behind Suarez for that honor. even the Spurs game you talk about he missed a penalty which would've put the tie to bed. That game summed up his entire career in a nutshell.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
'Best' striker of their generation don't choke in big matches and actually step up to the fore. van Persie career was riddled by injuries but look at this record in big matches in PL/CL/Cups etc. I don't even take RVP into the reckoning for best striker of last generation btw.

Higuain is miles behind Suarez for that honor. even the Spurs game you talk about he missed a penalty which would've put the tie to bed. That game summed up his entire career in a nutshell.
I never said Higuain was the best striker of his generation so I don't know what you're on about. I said he was among the best. Suarez is the best quite obviously.

There's a reason Higuain shared the Argentina NT striker spot with Aguero and started ahead of him more often than not. He definitely gets underrated by fans who watch little football outside of England since they barely watched him tear La Liga and Serie A apart. Now that he's gone to England as he's done physically that will only increase. At his best he was every bit as good as any striker of the past decade bar Luis Suarez, no doubt about it.

Bojan11

What did people expect? 31 year old out of shape striker playing in the premier league for the first time. Not many people thought this was going to work out. Higuain in his prime would have been a different matter. But how many 30 plus year old strikers who are playing in a new league at 30 or over have shined. Not many.

Ibra and a few others are the exception.

RC89

He looks like he'd charge extra for chilli sauce on your kebab.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
When Willian played him in on the break and Higauin just stopped as he had no idea where the ball was - it was so obvious he is not on the same level he was or wavelength as any of these players here.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Depends what style new manager wants to play as neither can hold the ball up against any sort of pressure.

Diego Costa was the perfect striker for Chelsea so amusing Conte forced him out just to be sacked six months later.
I'm massively critical of Conte's second season but letting Costa go was firmly the correct decision.

He's been trash since the China talk came about, there's a reason Simeone turned to Morata of all people.

Sauldogba

Damn, Chelsea is where strikers go to die. Torres, Morata, Higuain.. Even Crespo earlier. They may need to avoid spanish/argentinean strikers for a while and stick to african.

If i was a striker i would probably get frustrated playing with him at times.
As great as he is he can be a ball hog and take too many extra touches that he doesnt need to.
Strikers can easily get frustrated playing with players like that. Especially in the modern era where strikers tend to play as "lone" strikers and see less of the ball.
Making good runs for the ball not to be passed can really be frustrating for a player

Masterman

Fair enough. Guess you'll send him back especially if Sarri leaves as he was the one who really pushed for the transfer.

Think problem is Higuain was doing fine at Juve but he lost motivation after being the one pushed out for Ronaldo rather than Mandzukic, wasn't that great at Milan really.

Interesting what Chelsea do with their striking options if the ban holds for next season. You've got Giroud getting on now and not got a great scoring record at all for them, if Hazard leaves that's a front three option gone and likes of Abraham and Batshuyai will get chances but neither are top class standard. Morata will push for move full time to Atletico.
He was already on a decline when he signed for Juve, why did you think past it and technically meh Mandzukic was able to push him out of the squad? His league goals per season went from 36 in Napoli to 24 in his first Juve season (still good but disappointing for what Juve paid for him), then to 16.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Juve fans on here still seemed to like him, one of them was still calling him best striker in the world? He linked up pretty well with Dybala in 16/17 I thought.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Maybe this is our chance to sell them Lukaku this summer.

Unfortunately I think they have learned from their mistakes.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Higuain another one like Morata, if he goes to a team that suits his style where he's settled he'll look a much better player again. In la Liga or Serie A he'll bang the goals in with the right team.

Fairly certain we won't sign him permanently, even if we're able to. (Which itself is pretty unlikely as we'll have transfer ban.)

Guess we'll have Giroud and Batman as strikers next season.

Djemba-Djemba

Higuain another one like Morata, if he goes to a team that suits his style where he's settled he'll look a much better player again. In la Liga or Serie A he'll bang the goals in with the right team.

Fairly certain we won't sign him permanently, even if we're able to. (Which itself is pretty unlikely as we'll have transfer ban.)

Let's hope so.

Kapardin

Going to struggle for goals then. Hazard will leave for Madrid and I doubt Pulisic can fill his game-changing shoes, good though he may be.