Gaming Good Game Deals

Pronewbie

Peep
This will be a thread for us to share good gaming deals

TheHut is having a PS3 special for today. I just bought Yakuza 3 Special Edition from them for only £27.73!

I would have gotten Bayonetta too out of impulse but then again I'm not the sort who buys more than 1 game at a time. It looks like a great deal though.

TheHut.com: Daily Deals

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Bayonetta should be avoided on the PS3 by all review accounts.

I am no fan boy as I own both a PS3 and a 360 and think they are both excellent, but if I get that game it will be on 360 due to the technical issues with the PS3 version.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I picked up 'Beautiful Katamari' from Tesco for £5 at the weekend.

Alas, the game is shit and as such I can't even recommend it at that price.

Pronewbie

Peep
Bayonetta should be avoided on the PS3 by all review accounts.

I am no fan boy as I own both a PS3 and a 360 and think they are both excellent, but if I get that game it will be on 360 due to the technical issues with the PS3 version.
Thanks for the heads up, but I read somewhere that a patch was released that resolved some technical issues and the loading time. Either way, I don't think I'll be getting the game anymore. I'll most likely be getting FF13 or God Of War 3 after completing Yakuza 3.

Lance Uppercut

'Dragon Age: Origins' is just under £20 at Shopto. Tempting, although I hear the graphics are pretty crappy, and using the interface via controller sucks.

Pronewbie

Peep
'Dragon Age: Origins' is just under £20 at Shopto. Tempting, although I hear the graphics are pretty crappy, and using the interface via controller sucks.
The graphics are quite bad but i've friends who love the game on the ps3 and 1 or 2 have completed the game multiple times. it's way easier on a console but then again it's really hard on the pc

Lance Uppercut

I put about about 80 hours into 'Oblivion', and I've just gone past 100 on 'Demon's Souls.' I need a quality, lengthy RPG to get into in the near future. 'Dragon Age' could fit the bill. There's just a few minor issues that have put me off thus far.

Then again, it's only £20....

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I put about about 80 hours into 'Oblivion', and I've just gone past 100 on 'Demon's Souls.' I need a quality, lengthy RPG to get into in the near future. 'Dragon Age' could fit the bill. There's just a few minor issues that have put me off thus far.

Have you played Morrowind at all?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
No, sir. But I know it's the predecessor to 'Oblivion.'
In my opinion it's a better game. Providing you get over the lower quality graphics. Fallout 3 is also pretty good if you were looking for something newer.

Lance Uppercut

Yeah, I've already beaten 'Fallout 3.' Only put about 35 hours into it, though. Still a very good game, and one that I may yet return to.

I have heard nothing but good things about 'Morrowind', but I prefer to game pretty much exclusively on my PS3. It's my understanding that it has never been released on that platform, unfortunately.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Yeah, I preferred Morrowind to Oblivion too, probably my favourite ever game.

Pronewbie

Peep

Stay away from Dragon Age on the consoles then... you'll most likely find it too dumbed down for your liking.

Biscuit1871

Any good deals for FIFA World Cup? If not, where is the cheapest? Looking at purchasing it today.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
Asda are flogging a load of games on the cheap atm

Batman Arkham Asylum, Dirt 2 - both £15 and not to be sniffed at at that price.

Dante's Inferno is £17.71 and worth a purchase at that price. Loads of others like Lego Rock Band and Beatles Rock Rand for less than a tenner.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Instore at Tesco you get 800 MS points free with any Xbox 360 game (in their chart, top 40 or whatever it is) which includes Mass Effect 2 at £19.

Bo_7iDaR

Video Game Reviews, News and Trailers - Compare Prices from dozens of UK retailers

/Thread. Nothing beats out this website if you're looking for a steal. Once I found out about it one and a half year ago I very rarely looked elsewhere for bargains. It must have saved me over a 100 quids at the very least over that time!

Shop now, thank me later :D

EDIT: Just make sure you stay away from a few dodgy sites! Usually you won't need them anyway as you'll get the game you want at very low prices from reliable retailers (Play.com, ASDA etc)

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I picked up Super Street Fighter 4 for €30 yesterday. Thats a fairly new release so not bad price at all

Lance Uppercut

So I received my PS3 Dualshock 3 controller today. Only it is not a PS3 Dualshock 3 controller, it's a PS2 Dualshock 2 controller. Assholes. Angry email is already in their inbox.