Coutinho to FCB
Sánchez to Man Utd
Lukaku to Man Utd

Too early to say but the signs are already there:
Neymar to PSG
Hazard to Madrid
Griezmann to FCB
De Jong to FCB
Think Madrid and Barcelona may be a fool's graveyard for players for the next few years. No, it's not a common phrase, but it gets my point across.

Neymar leaving Barcelona ironically was indeed madness though.

IRELANDUNITED

Paul Ince left United after winner several major honors with us and won absolutely nothing with Inter and Liverpool.

poleglass red

Joe Cole to Chelsea. Cole was a highly creative and talented player but he ended up at Chelsea when Mourinho had constructed a team that followed very rigid tactics. Mourinho put Cole out wide and then wanted him to track from defence to attack in a limiting manner relative to Coles strengths. Cole should have gone somewhere that played to his strengths and not inhibited them
he didn't do too bad in fairness to him, won 3 premier league titles, 2 of which he played a prominent role in, plus he won 2 fa cups. He also made the pfa team of the year in the 05-06 season. You always have to adapt your game coming to a big club.

Last edited:

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
he didn't do too bad in fairness to him, won 3 premier league titles, 2 of which he played a prominent role in, plus he won 2 fa cups. He also made the pfa team of the year in the 05-06 season. You always have to adapt your game coming to a big club.
Fair points cheers. I just thought he could have gone on with his career to even more and felt the individuality in his game had been hammered out of him by Mourinho.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Veron, twice.

First to United, with mixed results, and then to Chelsea, an utter disaster granted his injuries likely occur wherever he went that season. He fared much better upon returning to Italy, likely a league suited to his abilities and fitness levels.

I read elsewhere that physically he wasn't built for the Premiership and required space and less running, like in Italy, which wouldn't tire him out as the match carried on. Dunno how much of that opinion is truth but looking back perhaps the right player but the wrong league.
Aside from the fact he was always one of the fittest players in football.......

AshRK

Neymar.to PSG has to be on the top. He could have won Balon d' or had he stayed with barca. Silly move.
Dembele to Barca also was a downer for the player. Should have stayed at dortmund for couple of years and then moved to a big club.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Scott Parker to Chelsea
Danny Murphy was too good for Charlton

Decisions go both way though - Zaha not leaving Palace last couple of windows looks like he's missed his chance for a big money move, same with Fekir.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Definitely Anelka to me. He seems made all the wrong move for his career until he joined Chelsea.

A9X SJ

Shearer - Was always the one miffed me could have one so much more

led_scholes

Woodgate to Real
Januzaj to Dortmund
Darmian to us
Crespo to Chelsea
Duff to Chelsea
Robben to Real
Snejder to Real
Barthez to us

Jibbs

Joe Cole was fantastic for Chelsea. One player I really wanted United to sign back then.

Gazza

Anderson to Man Utd? His truncated career is his own fault but I am not sure we ever knew exactly how to use him, and my memory is that he was a completely different player at Porto, far more attacking.

paulscholes18

Most money motivated transfers
Hulk to Zenit (top quality at the time, not many teams he wouldn’t have got into)
Oscar to Shanghai
Di Maria to us (wasn’t bad but you could tell he was only half asked)