Goodbye David Gill

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He's stepping down in June.

avid Gill is to step down from his position as chief executive of Manchester United plc, with effect from 30 June 2013.

David, 55, joined the board in February 1997 as finance director and has been its chief executive since September 2003. He is to remain a director of Manchester United Football Club.

Executive vice chairman Ed Woodward will assume his responsibilities.

David was appointed the vice chairman of the English Football Association in October 2012 and has been nominated as its candidate in the upcoming UEFA Executive Committee elections in May 2013.

Announcing his departure, David Gill said:

“It has been the greatest privilege to serve Manchester United for 16 wonderful years – the last 10 of which as its chief executive. I have worked alongside the finest manager in the history of the game and been part of what I consider to be the best club in the best sport in the world.

More here:

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2013/Feb/david-gill-to-step-down-june-2013.aspx

Cina

I liked Gill, he had a penchant for taking bullshit to the fans but you could tell he always had the best interests of the club at heart.

Jacob

Ed Woodward eh? Thank you for your services Gill.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He's done an amazing job really. Provided the club with stability through the takeover and executed the business plan perfectly.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Edward Woodward is much more fun to say than David Gill, so this news is well received by me.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He did a great job, at times under the most difficult and complicated situations, with curveballs coming from everywhere. But along with our manager, delivered footballing results unprecedented in our history.

He deserves our thanks and best wishes. He has mine. I hope we don't miss him too much.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
The control of the debt with the 50% plan (wages can't exceed 50% of income) was held down well by Gill. For that alone he deserves a level of appreciation.

He could've easily been an idiot who let Sir Alex spend £100m every summer with lots of players on ridiculous wages but as said, despite some lies he always had the best interests of the club and it's financial position at heart.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Goodbye David Gill
Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to hold yourself
While those around you crawled

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Edward Woodward?

Looks like we'll be seeing a lot more Equalisers then

:cool:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He did a very good job, really. Let's hope the unfortunately named Edward Woodward can do just as good a job.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Will miss him, always seemed like an incredibly competent guy and he's no stranger to our success on the pitch (through transfers and the part he had in them) + how well the club is run. Seems to be a really good PR man so I guess he'll be great in the UEFA system.

Gazza

With the financial future of the club not as uncertain as it was a few years back, it was surely a good thing David Gill stayed when the Glazers moved in. Fergie likes him and the club probably benefitted from the stability of him staying on, at least on the football side of things.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
TBF hectic the reaction from a good deal of lads and lasses I go to the match with is similar. Especially those involved with MUST, IMUSA and anyone who has tried to meet with and have regular dialogue with the club.
That's good for them, I still find it laughable though.

Amir

Fergie liked him, which is good enough for me. If he worked well with the manager, that was a big part of the job done.