Gaming Google Stadia | rcoobc (2019): "Don't be surprised if Google Stadia comes to Xbox One." | RIP: 2019 - 2023

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Do you need the controller to play the games? On a laptop? As in would i need the controller to play hitman 3 on the laptop?

FrantikChicken

Well that’s disappointing. I played fifa 21 and 22 on it and was debating grabbing 23 as well.
Is there any other solid cloud gaming platform right now?

FrantikChicken

Well that’s disappointing. I played fifa 21 and 22 on it and was debating grabbing 23 as well.
Is there any other solid cloud gaming platform right now?
Although I guess this means I’ll get refunded for those games? Which is kind of nice I guess hahah

Ekeke

Although I guess this means I’ll get refunded for those games? Which is kind of nice I guess hahah
If you get the full price back thats actually a hell of a result. Its not like you'd want to play the old versions of the game anyway so far better money back

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Also - don't be surprised if Google Stadia comes to Xbox One. Microsoft are desperate for reasons for people to come back to Xbox and it would put Google Stadia in millions of homes. There is a deal to be done.
This was someone else.

I may have been temporarily dead.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
fecking hell I was driving home from work the other day and randomly thought to myself "what happened to that Google Stadia??"

Hal9000

It never took off i assume?
Google never really supported it themselves, I had one and it clunky, kept losing pairings and the menu was terrible. I also had really good internet but still had lag issues.

Lucky I got mine and the subscription for free.

Ainu

Stuck around longer than I expected! It was DOA when the pricing strategy was announced. It could've done ok if it was a straight up sub, having to purchase games was a monumental mistake.

Fully Fledged

Just goes to show how well Microsoft have done with gamepass when a tech giant like Google can't get a game streaming service off the ground. A real David vs. Goliath story.
You jest it's more like Goliath v Goliath. Do we know how well the streaming side of GP is going. If there is much of an uptake for it? What's the latency like, does it have any drop out?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Sad about this. I've been one of those niche users who got a lot of use out of it. This said, I cancelled my sub two months ago after having been subscribed since day one but was still able to use it to play games I'd actually bought.

evil_geko

Google Stadia failing is one of the most predictable things out there.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
You jest it's more like Goliath v Goliath. Do we know how well the streaming side of GP is going. If there is much of an uptake for it? What's the latency like, does it have any drop out?
Can't answer all those questions but I used it extensively last winter when it was warmer lying in bed than sitting on the settee.

It works best with games that don't require precise inputs - RPGs and the like.

Microsoft 1 - 0 Google

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Google seem pretty bad at making things people want, beyond iterating on the stuff built around Google Search (and the associated computing power) decades ago

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Google seem pretty bad at making things people want, beyond iterating on the stuff built around Google Search (and the associated computing power) decades ago
It’s still how they make pretty much all their money too, albeit successful apps like chrome and gmail are built around adwords also. But they really suck at branching out into other stuff. Android is probably their biggest success outside of it and they bought that.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
The only time I ever saw anybody talking about this is when they were mocking it, which is never a good thing. It lasted longer than I expected it to though.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Wow they're refunding all the games? That'll cost a shitload of money, surprised they're not just taking the PR hit instead.

Ainu

Wow they're refunding all the games? That'll cost a shitload of money, surprised they're not just taking the PR hit instead.
That's assuming they had a lot of Stadia customers in the first place, which they clearly didn't. It'll be a drop in the ocean for them.

GwilDor

Been subbing for over a year on and off. Really happy about the refunds, but sad to see it shut down. Been perfect for a gamer like me, who does not really have the time available to justify buying a €500 console. After getting refunded like €400 for games i have bought, i get terrific value for money my gaming time.

Ainu

Microsoft 1 - 0 Google
I'm sure uncle Phil is in a very good mood right now. We all expected a game streaming war at some point in the future, with Microsoft, Google and potentially Amazon as the main players. One of those has just capitulated before the war even started, that has to be pretty significant for MS.

I've already mentioned it in this thread, but I still can't believe how Google ever expected anything better than a massive failure with their pricing strategy. Literally everyone else saw this coming when they dropped that news, so you have to wonder what the hell they were smoking over there.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
The only shock is it didn't come a couple of years sooner. Maybe they hoped the lockdowns would pick up sales.

Good on them for refunding though, shit on them for treating devs like shit (but that's industry standard practice).